• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawl AT *Moon Dash*

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
"It´s so old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jdz...layer_embedded"

as savior pointed out that just a pivot boost. in this tech your getting that boost out of dashing away first not just simply pivoting. Thanks for linking my vid btw, i would have made it better if though if i knew you were gonna do that :p

edit: sorry i don't know how to qoute lol
I was gonna say there for a second I thought you had turned sour. lol
*quote button below each post

lol, I used it because I am to lazy to make another one. That and I like to see other people's work. It makes me feel less greedy.
i swear, the smash community is so lazy nowadays, everyone bashes all new ATs now a days because everyone wants instantly easy ATs they can do without trying, try it before you bash it, some character get some really good ways to make moves that normally are punishable not too punishable because of the slide
**** I like you Oli mains.
Yeah dude.

I mean, how many pros d'you see posting in this thread? Not too many.

How many pros d'you see implementing any of these "AT's" into their gameplay? None that I've seen.

In essence, I'm just basically saying that the pros of Brawl know that the game is no deeper than it already is, and these "techs" are essentially useless. The most advanced technique in Brawl to ever be discovered is planking.

Brawl is hilarious. But, it's good to have hope :)
Know one will do anything unless they have to to keep up.

There needs to be a few people that **** with something BEFORE people will accept it.
Wave Dash was the same way. People knew about it for a year and did develop it.
If only I had been there when they first have discovered. There is no doubt in my mind that I would obsess over that AT and squeeze every drop of its juice out.
huzzah! brawl has been saved. maybe people will start taking this game seriously now. saviorslegacy is truly a savior.
It doesn't need saving, it needs developing.
Thanks for that though. :)
I can't seem to land a sticky walk :\
It's hard at first but you'll get it. Try craqwalking> sticky dash. It seems easier. Just make sure that your timing is tight. Also be Link and play in 1/4 speed.
...I don't see your point, but okay.

Either way, the video itself is more what I'm laughing at. One minute of a guy turning around and pivoting in different ways.

I thought you've never been to a tournament.
I really want to see how these techniques fair in a competitive environment, because I really don't see it.
Hey, that stuff is hard. I DACUS with Sheik and use a tech that requires 10 analog movements a second and I still found that AT hard. It took me half an hour to get that little bit of close to flawless footage.

I have been to one fluff tourney but I play with the best Yoshi in the mid west, also a ZSS main and a Peach main. Sometimes a Wolf main too.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have been to one fluff tourney but I play with the best Yoshi in the mid west, also a ZSS main and a Peach main. Sometimes a Wolf main too.
Well, saying you play with a Wolf main doesn't mean anything. My brother is a Diddy main who can't glide toss.

Anyway, I want to see this stuff put to good use - not just thrown out there with little to no real effect - in a competitive match. I'm just not very convinced by it. You get a small boost... great. Where would this be my best option?
I don't see it realistically becoming metagame changing, or important at all.

No offense meant.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Incidentally, if "the best Yoshi in the Midwest" is your strongest opponent, then it is really not helping your case. It's even less helpful that you omit that your experience with him is on Wifi, which is almost a completely different game than offline play.

On the other hand, it would be much more helpful to everyone if you ever recorded videos of you applying your little tricks and techniques in an actual game, rather than spending half an hour demonstrating it in isolation.

saviorslegacy

I play him IRL.

As far as wi-fi. I have played Neo, Light, high ranking EU people, <3, Adm. Pit and a few other people.
I personally HATE wi-fi. It is only good for playing good people and then laughing at how bad the match sucks.

I hate it when people judge me by who I play

18.15.2.15x12.9.14.11

Smash Cadet
Combining two or three known techniques does not create a new technique. If it did we'd have DESYNCH WD BERG SLIDING and Edge Flame Cancling.

Or Tree Grabbing.

Oh wait.
i guess wave shining isn't an AT.

if you don't like it, fine. w/e. but please take your negativity elsewhere, thank you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I know, waveshining isn't really an AT. It's simply wavedashing after a Shine. Wavedashing is an AT. I'm pretty sure the name waveshining was just given so that you could say that instead of "shine canceled into wavedash."

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't really care about this since it doesn't help either of my characters but I do want to say that I'm with savior as far as disliking people who try to discredit others because of who they've played.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
12. Waveshine

What it is: Wavedashing out of Fox’s shine and into whatever you may want to
do.

How to do it: Simply put, you activate Fox’s shine with down + B and then
wavedash (not triangle-jump) out of it (see above for how to do the wavedash).

I also note that he included Short Hop, Fast Fall, and L Cancel, but not SHFFL, even though it would fit in just as much as Waveshine. Could just be one of those things.

Regarding playing good people, in this case I don't care to use it to judge how good you may or may not be, but rather whether you actually needed it. If you beat your friends without the technique, and then beat your friends with the technique, that's not a very helpful before-after comparison. If you run even with someone beforehand, and start winning due to more options afterward, that is. Again, videos of actual games would be a lot more helpful.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
This is entirely too sad.

A new AT is discovered, and what happens? the topic is flooded with three things; people shouting that this has already been discovered, people shouting how useless this is, and people telling the other two groups to stfu.

How much has this been looked into? how many players in this topic have even performed this AT (from what I've read)? 2. Only two people have actually used this, and one of them discovered it. What the hell? guys, I know that you don't want to waste your time on useless techniques, but don't disrespect savior and the large amount of time he has put into this to try and get it figured out and posted here to help you guys. Maybe this won't advance the metagame, but it has a chance to; how much of a chance of advancing the metagame do you think telling researchers to stfu and stop trying has?

As for the actual technique and its implementation, I think it does have possibility. I don't think that we should discount it yet, and when we combine it with all the excellent other movement techniques savior has discovered (why isn't he a smash researcher by now?) we might be able to actually incorporate this into the highest levels of play. Imagine Ally boost walking across the stage then Moon dashing into a sliding jab fakeout. Of course some of the stuff will end up difficult to use and feel awkward at first; the best things in life come to those who work for it. With boost walking, craq walking, moon dashing, true pivot, and a whole other host of techniques, a player could revolutionize their spacing game; and yet no one has. Do you know why? Because when the creator of these techniques tries to share them, the community doesn't even bother to try them. 2 people; two people use it, and that is the saddest thing in this topic.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

A new AT is discovered, and what happens? the topic is flooded with three things; people shouting that this has already been discovered, people shouting how useless this is, and people telling the other two groups to stfu.

How much has this been looked into? how many players in this topic have even performed this AT (from what I've read)? 2. Only two people have actually used this, and one of them discovered it. What the hell? guys, I know that you don't want to waste your time on useless techniques, but don't disrespect savior and the large amount of time he has put into this to try and get it figured out and posted here to help you guys. Maybe this won't advance the metagame, but it has a chance to; how much of a chance of advancing the metagame do you think telling researchers to stfu and stop trying has?

As for the actual technique and its implementation, I think it does have possibility. I don't think that we should discount it yet, and when we combine it with all the excellent other movement techniques savior has discovered (why isn't he a smash researcher by now?) we might be able to actually incorporate this into the highest levels of play. Imagine Ally boost walking across the stage then Moon dashing into a sliding jab fakeout. Of course some of the stuff will end up difficult to use and feel awkward at first; the best things in life come to those who work for it. With boost walking, craq walking, moon dashing, true pivot, and a whole other host of techniques, a player could revolutionize their spacing game; and yet no one has. Do you know why? Because when the creator of these techniques tries to share them, the community doesn't even bother to try them. 2 people; two people use it, and that is the saddest thing in this topic.

people really should read this post.... he's right 100% i personally haven' tried this out myself... but i think the possibilities this technique will be used in my everyday play once i sit down to learn it. think about those character where if you had just another step or two you could punish them... this move allows about half the cast t do so... how would you not think thats useful?

btw, can i do this with oli's f-smash? i'm not sure if this was answered or not already

nezzedaoriginal

Smash Cadet
I'm really confused. So after you 'stickywalk', when you pivot to walk the opposite way you ge a boost? Is that what this essentially is?

PFANT

Smash Cadet
I have used this technique in matches (friendlies mind you) and it is effective. for instance check ,out 2:33 in the vid i posted. You space the bair short of your opponent, then moon dash a jab/charged smash. I feel like people are over looking this because all they are seeing are jabs and me tripping :p. For those of you who can do this tech, try pivoting out of it into a charged smash with the c stick and z button while holding forward on the control stick.

On a side note, what people have to realize is that there is not going to be some revolutionary wavedashing technique that is going to be found in brawl. Any type of universal sliding tech is going to have to do with pivoting and people can't get over it...... well that is untill some one finds a way to DACUS with out upsmashing......

aka DACUSING into any projectile :) :) :)

but either way, brawls metagame would be far more advanced then where it is now if people were not so quick to shutdown new ideas without properly looking into them. A perfect example would be the H slide. i bet no one besides captain falcon mains no what i'm talking about even though it is a tech that can be useful for many different characters. A perfect example would be how someone posted that video of link pivot boosting his forward tilt. Yes they both have to do with getting a boost out of a pivot but they are performed in drastically different way. That is all, and Savior for AT President.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I don't get what's the timing =/
Any vid of Luigi doing it ?

Since I can't do it, can you test Luigi fsmash by c sticking it and charging it with Z, it's a tech used to keep the walk's momentum while fsmashing called "fingerbang", I'm pretty sure it works with this tech... plz.

saviorslegacy

Good shiz
people really should read this post.... he's right 100% i personally haven' tried this out myself... but i think the possibilities this technique will be used in my everyday play once i sit down to learn it. think about those character where if you had just another step or two you could punish them... this move allows about half the cast t do so... how would you not think thats useful?

btw, can i do this with oli's f-smash? i'm not sure if this was answered or not already
I have tried to say this before.
"You are sliding... thus in a normal position but moving." "How is it not useful?"
I'm really confused. So after you 'stickywalk', when you pivot to walk the opposite way you ge a boost? Is that what this essentially is?
I have used this technique in matches (friendlies mind you) and it is effective. for instance check ,out 2:33 in the vid i posted. You space the bair short of your opponent, then moon dash a jab/charged smash. I feel like people are over looking this because all they are seeing are jabs and me tripping :p. For those of you who can do this tech, try pivoting out of it into a charged smash with the c stick and z button while holding forward on the control stick.

On a side note, what people have to realize is that there is not going to be some revolutionary wavedashing technique that is going to be found in brawl. Any type of universal sliding tech is going to have to do with pivoting and people can't get over it...... well that is untill some one finds a way to DACUS with out upsmashing......

aka DACUSING into any projectile :) :) :)

but either way, brawls metagame would be far more advanced then where it is now if people were not so quick to shutdown new ideas without properly looking into them. A perfect example would be the H slide. i bet no one besides captain falcon mains no what i'm talking about even though it is a tech that can be useful for many different characters. A perfect example would be how someone posted that video of link pivot boosting his forward tilt. Yes they both have to do with getting a boost out of a pivot but they are performed in drastically different way. That is all, and Savior for AT President.
Correct, jump canceling just isn't there unless your name is Peach.

There have been rumors of DACUSing w/o the US.
I might look into it.

Yes, custom title now and I want it to be yellow.
I don't get what's the timing =/
Any vid of Luigi doing it ?

Since I can't do it, can you test Luigi fsmash by c sticking it and charging it with Z, it's a tech used to keep the walk's momentum while fsmashing called "fingerbang", I'm pretty sure it works with this tech... plz.
Timing= very hard
Oh, and Luigi is just par with all of the others that are top tier at performing this.

If you read the OP I already done a move analysis on Luigi.
BTW, fingerbanging is a different way to execute Boost Smashing. It's where you transfer momentum to a charging FSmash.

You did make me think though. You could possibly make every Smash slide while you are charging it. I'll relook into it.
luigi's dsmash is pretty awesome using this tech, just saying
It is
enjoyment isn't really a factor in this case
This is the internet. If you aren't trolling then you aren't normal.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I still want to know where this would realistically be my best option. I'll assume that the player can execute this on command perfectly. Where would this be the best option for a player? When would this be better then just grabbing, or dashing back and forth, or shielding, or any other spacing option. When would my opponent be standing still and not attacking me while I initiate this?
Basically, I think the idea of this is great, but I can't see it being useful in the metagame.
I want to see this applied in a real match. I don't want to seen it just thrown out in a match, either. I want to see it put to good use.

Until then, I'm unconvinced.

And I know what you're thinking - "well, why don't you test it out and stop being lazy?" Well, because I don't think it's useful, and I don't want to waste my time. So I'll leave it to the people who do think it's useful. If you really think I need to test it out, fine, I will. Just don't be surprised when I come back saying "I never found a use."

saviorslegacy

I still want to know where this would realistically be my best option. I'll assume that the player can execute this on command perfectly. Where would this be the best option for a player? When would this be better then just grabbing, or dashing back and forth, or shielding, or any other spacing option. When would my opponent be standing still and not attacking me while I initiate this?
Basically, I think the idea of this is great, but I can't see it being useful in the metagame.
I want to see this applied in a real match. I don't want to seen it just thrown out in a match, either. I want to see it put to good use.

Until then, I'm unconvinced.

And I know what you're thinking - "well, why don't you test it out and stop being lazy?" Well, because I don't think it's useful, and I don't want to waste my time. So I'll leave it to the people who do think it's useful. If you really think I need to test it out, fine, I will. Just don't be surprised when I come back saying "I never found a use."
If you are approaching and you throw this in it is the same as WD backwards because of the pause, dash and the you moving forwards. Thus taking advantage of the foe.

This is one of the safest spacing options because at any time you can jump out of it. Unlike shield dashing you are not dedicated to 8 frames of lag for a simple movement.

If a foe is approaching from the air just throw this in and out space them.

This is an approach and anti approach tool. aka spacing

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I'm tempted to care, but I know it doesn't freaking matter.

This is so useless...

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm tempted to care, but I know it doesn't freaking matter.

This is so useless...
Thank you for your wonderful input, horrible smasher that no one has ever heard of.

i can see this being a really useful way to pivot grab while approaching...not to mention mindgaming the opponent in the process...*tests*

EDIT: it seems the slide is achieved simply by canceling a walk into an attack, no pivot needed...
Problem with what you said on the edit is that you can't walk into someone and expect the slide to be useful. The dash back is to bait the opponent to attack, then when they are in lag, you can pivot and attack or grab them.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
either way, this is a interesting useful tech xD *gets flamed and think about how would this be applied if mastered*

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Saviors I think you need to relax with all of these "AT's" that you've been finding. I understand that you're claiming that you want to advance brawl's metagame however simply finding an AT isn't enough. If you want to really improve the metagame you need to finding something apply it and make it work in matches. The reason people are putting to question who you played or your lack of tourney attendance is because you don't have any credibility. That's not to say you have to be a top level player in order to find an AT however, you should at least have that experience so that you have that credibility. That's just my 2 cents.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Aww, it's like a mini Inui!
You're adorable. omg I laughed so hard for that. Thank you so much you are so brilliant. I've never seen anyone use a joke like that before. Comparing me to someone else, but a miniature version of them. Too funny, you're too funny. You want to compare me to anything else while it's all out in the open? Maybe a nice little neo or an Emblem Lord comparison? Please, entertain me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yo, I don't care too much about this AT or whatever as long as discussion continues, but if you people keep up the flaming I'm gonna start handing out infractions.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Shoot, people get all "this is completely useless why are you even showing us" even if you say beforehand and afterwards that whatever you found is completely useless.

While I like all of these ATs you are finding saviors, maybe you should show a video about how to apply these things. Also, it might be better to message a couple of friends or people you know who are competitive to have their input on how this could be useful. Which I think you did for this, but I'm not sure if it even mattered to the others.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You're adorable. omg I laughed so hard for that. Thank you so much you are so brilliant. I've never seen anyone use a joke like that before. Comparing me to someone else, but a miniature version of them. Too funny, you're too funny. You want to compare me to anything else while it's all out in the open? Maybe a nice little neo or an Emblem Lord comparison? Please, entertain me.
LOL

Calm down, man, I'm just messing with you. No need to go into rage mode, seriously. :laugh:

saviorslegacy

Saviors I think you need to relax with all of these "AT's" that you've been finding. I understand that you're claiming that you want to advance brawl's metagame however simply finding an AT isn't enough. If you want to really improve the metagame you need to finding something apply it and make it work in matches. The reason people are putting to question who you played or your lack of tourney attendance is because you don't have any credibility. That's not to say you have to be a top level player in order to find an AT however, you should at least have that experience so that you have that credibility. That's just my 2 cents.
I have found use's. They are stated in every thread that has AT's in it. They just go ignored. -_-
This thread is still being developed and researched.
*Austin Powers
And no offense, but I did find that a little funny. lol
Shoot, people get all "this is completely useless why are you even showing us" even if you say beforehand and afterwards that whatever you found is completely useless.

While I like all of these ATs you are finding saviors, maybe you should show a video about how to apply these things. Also, it might be better to message a couple of friends or people you know who are competitive to have their input on how this could be useful. Which I think you did for this, but I'm not sure if it even mattered to the others.
That's not a half bad idea.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I remember seeing this (or something almost exactly like this) back in July or August of 2008 (before I went on a Brawl hiatus) when ROB camping was dominant. I remember people said "OMG THIS WILL SAVE BRAWL" of it's discovery (& stop the ROB/Snake/MK camping madness)...until they realized it did nothing & they forgot about it.

As for this, it doesn't seem much better. But meah, just thought I'd bring that up & throw in my 2 cents... >_>

Top Bottom