• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Shield-bouncing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is deadly and I don't want opponent's using this, if you are a diddy player and want to know about this PM me personally please.

EDIT: Read above.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It bounces at an angle when they PS the banana :p

One of the best follow ups to a GT from most characters who don't have VERY far reaching GTs is to shield it, catch in midair with airdodge and instant throw it back using cstick (depends upon spacing, but hopefully everyone's competent enough to understand that this isn't the one and only follow up after someone tosses a naner at you ;))

ADHD

Smash Hero
Okay I'm keeping this a secret and only sending it to curious diddys. PM me privately if you wish to read it, I'm not letting others use this tactic against us even though there is a way to punish it.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
LOL *was in before the edit :093:* That could help my Sonic counter Diddy. Nice to have another option out of Sonic's Glide Toss other than F-Smash/D-Smash/Grab.

But a quick question. Couldn't Diddy predict that & maybe counter it with say a N-Air before they could grab it?

ADHD

Smash Hero
LOL *was in before the edit :093:* That could help my Sonic counter Diddy. Nice to have another option out of Sonic's Glide Toss other than F-Smash/D-Smash/Grab.

But a quick question. Couldn't Diddy predict that & maybe counter it with say a N-Air before they could grab it?
Yes but the fact that some of your throws are far is risky. They can use aerials for it as well but then they'd eat a diddy fair to the face.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I've done this ocassionally >.<, but i didn't know that much in depth. I wonder how much of an impact it will be into diddy's game play
nonetheless, this is indeed good sh*t

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If you don't want people to know, then why did you put "New AT" in the title? It attracts people like me who have never been to the Diddy boards before, and now I'm curious...oh well. It seems to be something with PS'ing a naner, am I right?

From what I gather, it can also help Diddy.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty badass. And it's going to make using Snake's grenadesa against him far easier.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Juggling a banana on your shield?
I'm only a Diddy secondary, and am too half ***** to send a PM to see if I would be allowed to know.
FFFFFFF

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
If you don't want people to know, then why did you put "New AT" in the title? It attracts people like me who have never been to the Diddy boards before, and now I'm curious...oh well. It seems to be something with PS'ing a naner, am I right?

LOL yea, it grabbed my attention when it said "New AT"

Dekar173

Justice Man
In all honesty I don't see it being dangerous against Diddy, considering Diddy's GT lengths give him the optimal spacing whenever executing anything with the bananas.

I do this to my friends all of the time, and depending upon their character selection, different approaches are more reliable than utilizing this against us (like Marth GT > sword dance/smash attack, or Rob GT > grab/dsmash/fsmash, etc.)

As Diddy becomes more of a force to be reckoned with, more and more will see this technique's use, and finally figure it out. But if Chrome wants to wait until after WHOBO or perhaps Genesis before going public, then I guess that's ok ;)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
too good. :3 i appreciate that chrome keeps it a secret. but can we trust the others for not spreading it...

white peachy

Smash Ace
too good. :3 i appreciate that chrome keeps it a secret. but can we trust the others for not spreading it...
lol I thought the same thing....that's why I didn't PM him. Sometimes knowledge is dangerous. Especially when some random diddy player decides to switch to mk or something.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I was thinking of telling, but I told Chrome I wouldn't.

Although I wish he'd at least speak about my idea, I don't have the time to say it again. (It's about double item drops and shield pressuring)

Throw banana > run > z air catch > drop it > let it hit opponents shield > nair to catch > z-air drop > FF > Jump > Catch banana > throw down > z-air catch > FF dair.

If they side-step, simple z-drop the banana or throw it down.

If they roll, throw the banana the direction they rolled from.

If they OoS, hope that aren't that smart.

lol

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not that devistating it would just be a neusance if other people other than diddys knew about it (which they will in the future.) It's just hopefully it will be slightly less minimized as tool for fighting diddy. I DONT want metaknights to use this because that would be dreadfully annoying.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i thought it was an april fools at first lolz
reading ppl's reactions, it seems it isnt... Can't wait for adhd to tell me ^_^

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
As soon as I read the title I knew something like this would be what I found. Not sharing the info, rather only telling the people. Secrecy might be the easiest option, but not always the best.
It saddens me to see this thread just for advertising something you don't want out to just the Diddy mains.
Good game, sir.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213568&
A counter against this technique was found within a day.

Dekar173

Justice Man
As soon as I read the title I knew something like this would be what I found. Not sharing the info, rather only telling the people. Secrecy might be the easiest option, but not always the best.
It saddens me to see this thread just for advertising something you don't want out to just the Diddy mains.
Good game, sir.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213568&
A counter against this technique was found within a day.
Lol. A counter to Sonic's dthrow was found the instant someone noticed the green cloud surrounding the throw! =P Sonic's uthrow does the most damage compared to all of the other throws, not to mention with his speed, chasing opponents in the air is great for tech chasing.

Sonic mains just got angry at the fact that they couldn't dthrow tech chase any more, even though that wasn't their best option in the first place :p

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i tried to pm you but it says you have to many messages...grr
and whats up with the magical changing name colors?

ADHD

Smash Hero
thien i only know one person that's used it against diddy and it's bum but I'd rather keep it that way.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
i was just reading this, it's definitely an april fools joke or something. chrome probably wouldn't have made a thread on this if he wanted to keep it a secret lol. he would have just pmed people or talked about it in the diddy back room or something. oh well we'll all know soon enough. i have to say you had me convinced for a minute though....

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No Sanzi its real. I pmed him and he actually posted something pretty creative. Its cool. PM him yourself if you dont believe me.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I think I pm'ed but I didn't get messaged back.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Maybe the next time you want to keep something a secret, you won't post it, allow people to quote you then edit it and leave a titile that attracts people. [color="22222"]April Fools dumb ****s. [/color]

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Although I wish he'd at least speak about my idea, I don't have the time to say it again. (It's about double item drops and shield pressuring)

Throw banana > run > z air catch > drop it > let it hit opponents shield > zair catch and drop > nair to catch > FF > Jump > > throw banana down > zair Catch banana > throw down > > FF dair +catch banana

lol
Any comments?

Excellence

Smash Champion
Originally Posted by Mic_01001000

Throw banana > run > z air catch > drop it > let it hit opponents shield > zair catch and drop > nair to catch > FF > Jump > > throw banana down > zair Catch banana > throw down > > FF dair +catch banana

Any comments?

You are the smartest person I've ever met...

Bellioes

Smash Lord
You after thinking about it, using bananas for shield pressure seems really big in the future. I know it wont be perfect cause not even Falcos shield pressure was frame perfect in melee and he was a beast at shield pressure cause it was so versatile. So imagine Diddy with banana drops and aerials. Could work but we would need to gather a lot research on frame data like shield stun (I think thats what its called) compared to the lag of aerials/banana drops on shield. Just an idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom