• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Shield-bouncing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You are the smartest person I've ever met...
April fools?

yeah i'm testing it now, it's a bit like the HRC bat drops but it has a different feel.
It's like HRC DOUBLE bat drops.... it's a lot harder, still possible, and epic as ****.

I have no wii. :( so all this may seem slower then how fast it is in my mind... but its only 2 aerials, and 4 banana drops and 1 banana toss.

It should be great, and SEVERELY weaken their shield, if not break it.

Dair can also be replaced with fair/bair/nair/uair (or nair > dsmash)

You after thinking about it, using bananas for shield pressure seems really big in the future. I know it wont be perfect cause not even Falcos shield pressure was frame perfect in melee and he was a beast at shield pressure cause it was so versatile. So imagine Diddy with banana drops and aerials. Could work but we would need to gather a lot research on frame data like shield stun (I think thats what its called) compared to the lag of aerials/banana drops on shield. Just an idea :)
Lulz. Look a few posts up. ;)

SuSa said:
Throw banana > run > z air catch > drop it > let it hit opponents shield > zair catch and drop > nair to catch > FF > Jump > > throw banana down > zair Catch banana > throw down > > FF dair +catch banana

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
if chrome wants to keep this a secret, then i guess that means we shouldn't discuss about it >_>?

white peachy

Smash Ace
if chrome wants to keep this a secret, then i guess that means we shouldn't discuss about it >_>?
Unfortunately I think it might be too late now...:(

As long as I don't see metaknights doing banana throw- z-catch/drop-tornado...or some other hideous permutation involving that stupid B button I'm fine with this.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wow I saw it but I thought it was just an idea. Have you tested it before cause I seems impossible to zcatch to zdrop twice in one SH and still catch it with a Nair. I dont know if I misunderstood or something. If you tested it and it works Ill definitely practice this though.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
If Chrome says its not possible or your opponent has to be ******** then its not useful. I mean the guy said he doesn't have a wii to test it. If he didn't test it why do you think its possible. hes just making stuff that comes in his head. IF it is viable, im just being sceptical. The diddy board needs a hater like me.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Who made you stand up for this one ADHD I get him or her good with some manly advanced Falcon techs.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I was able to pull this AT off on a Snake today who continuously tried to use my bananas against me.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
lol i did this constantly in diddy dittos i had the other day, twas win =)

Count

Smash Champion
Are you guys still talking about shield bouncing or that other silly thing? I've been doing 'shield bouncing' forever, and I'm a nub.

napZzz

Smash Hero
the word deadly makes it sound so cool lol

Diddy for 4th on the tier list

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I have a question Chrome about shieldbouncing on yourself. I didnt really get its usefulness. Could you (or anyone else who got its usefulness )PM me or even post it here if you want. Everyones saying its working for them but I dont see how. Thanks in advance :)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I'm interested as well. No one in the Netherlands plays diddy anyways. It might make me reconsider him as a secondary.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I have a question Chrome about shieldbouncing on yourself. I didnt really get its usefulness. Could you (or anyone else who got its usefulness )PM me or even post it here if you want. Everyones saying its working for them but I dont see how. Thanks in advance :)
same here...
well it's more like i did understand it, but then people's posts make me think i'm mistaken. o well o_O'

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
There's no point to keeping this underwraps; it'll reach main-stream within a couple months anyways due to tornament-leakage; that I assume is why we were the ones who announced the ability to tech Sonic's Dthrow. And MDM has mentioned being a Diddy player over at Sonic-boards.

Then there's the chance that admin/maybe mods? can 'prolly see your post history, or the post before you edited it or the PMs you send; thus keeping it a secret, if it's relevant, wouldn't be a secret to everyone.

/idontcareaboutthistechniqueionlyplaydiddycasually

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
So AHDH, could you please consider sending this to me. I can ensure you I will not spread the information in ANY way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom