• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEW] ARMADA interview - August 2011 - Sweden

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
very cool. it's always great seeing how the top players think about certain things. esp in regard to mindset etc

Armada

Smash Lord
Good **** Hadster!

Really fun talking to you man and I hope I will be seeing you soon because you are awesome =)

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Very nice interview, thanks a lot Hadster, Armada and the cameraman! I was happy to hear Armada's idol/inspiration back in the day was EK, since EK was also my smash-idol =). There was just something in his playstyle that made me feel he was the true champion of the people and an honorable player. Also his personal behaviour outside smash was something to respect for and feel cohesiveness to.

I know the interview was made in difficult circumstances, but I would still like to give some constructive feedback about it:

1. Think more about what people might want to hear from Armada or know about him. There were many good questions I think, but atleast I and maybe some others would have wanted to know more about Armada's last performance in USA tourney. And about what armada thinks about mango. Does he consider himself now better than mango? How well does he think he can handle mango's other characters than fox now? Also, what player's does armada see potential to fight top places in future, in europe and usa?

2. Think the question's beforehand. Write them to paper if it helps. You can have the paper with you in the interview situation also, so you can check what to ask next =]. So that in the situation they will come out smoothly. Make the questions more simple form, so that the audience and the interviewee can understand them easily. Don't ask too hard and bizarre questions.

3. Make shorter introductions to your question's, or don't make introductions at all. Because I think people want to hear Armada speaking most of the time - not the interviewer. Also when we know that Armada is not perfect in english, I think it would help a lot if the interviewer would give the questions in paper to Armada beforehand, so he can think about what to answer to them, and maybe also choose which questions to answer and which not.

I hope these could help for the future interview situations maybe =]. Don't take them too personally, I think you did a good job and it was nice to have that interview seen :).

Strife

Banned via Warnings
You should have asked him how he felt after he won Genesis 2, his first major win in America.

Myztek

Smash Ace
Thank you guys for the interview. I especially enjoy the questions pertaining to mindset.

Armada seems like a cool dude. Very patient as well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Only thing I wished you had added was how he feels about his rivalry with Mango, specifically how he felt about Mango's blog.

strawhats

Smash Master
armada must've been overjoyed to have gotten the chance to pla dashiawia if he was one of his favorite players. Also he'll get to play KDJ finally (I assume he'll request KDJ's sheik/fox)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Elementary school: 1-9 (you normally start 1st grade the year you turn 7).
Gymnasium ("high school"): 10-12 (except you start counting from 1 again, so 1-3).
Him being 18 (earlier this year) <=> just started 3rd (12th) grade.

Chim

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any more information on this blog Mango made? (I sense a johning shrine...)

Hadster

Smash Cadet
:)

Thanks guys for such positive feedback, I am so so glad that you guys like it.

Are you planning on interviewing more European players?
I was actually planning on interviewing much more players at Beast 2, but when I was asking around earlier in the day most of the players were telling me to better wait till after the tourney, but I had to go after...so I decided to focus my efforts on catching Armada :)

Its actually my dream to come to an American National one day, would be awesome to meet some of the top players and do interviews :)

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Nice interview. I like Armada's confidence level. He's neither arrogant nor annoyingly humble (yes, I really do think it's possible to be annoyingly humble). Hard to imagine him playing Marth though.

Top Bottom