• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Brinstar honestly just let's ness create a lot of traps with his PK fire. So you can set someone up for a PK fire extended the hit box. PK fire to F Air is about 30 % ish . Adding the extended hit box of pk fire - grab - pummel - Backthrow may or may not put someone in the 30 % + . Now people can SDI out and what not but it's probably still possible.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I may or may not have just found something pretty groundbreaking (maybe, probably not but it's still hella cool) in Ness' meta.

What's scary is that other chars can do it too - and some who do it get gigantic repercussions from it (*coughcoughIhateyoustupidolimar*)

Won't talk about it yet in case it's already known and i'm stupid but it's uber cool.

Once I look into it more and if it's authentic and not well-known, i'll tell you guys so long as we promise to keep it a secret for now. :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nido play me online and i'll show you manually. =D

You have to be MK and sit on the ledge. I only need to do it once for you to get the idea. ;)

Tikao

Smash Ace
anyway, let me summon something up

Luco told us that he (maybe) found something awesome
then he told us, he won't tell us, because he's not sure
so he told us, that he won't tell us something he told us already, because he won't hype us, but because he told us already, he hyped us
so he told us, that he won't hype us, while hyping us, for something he never told us, but told us, he'll tell us, so he may hype us, what he already did because he told us, he'll tell us something

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Luco, my brain is broken now, you have to pay for a new one D:

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I'm going to be testing it out in matches to see if I can get it and yes Luco Oli can grab on the edge and out of the air

Jamwa

Smash Champion
What is it ._.

plz jus post it

If it's olimar, is it Up-B cancelling onto the stage, or is it sharking at the ledge?
wavebouncing whistle?
is it grabbing people while they're on the ledge?

4th time i got it :) It only works on a few characters iirc.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okie, see what the big names say about it.

I wanna see if Ness' meta can improve from it somehow. He can't grab wario (excuse to air release wario for stuff) because wario's too low but maybe he can get someone else, then have guaranteed stuff out of AR?

@Nido: When you say it like that, I feel stupid and nooby. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks guys, i'll go back to my little corner and look for more 'secret' meta game stuff that everyone actually knows about. :(

:3

But yup, suppose it is known - I wonder what else Ness can do that's surprisingly awesome....

BTW you know he can grab MK off the edge yes? :)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I wasn't sure what to say on this lol

Yo-Yos will change Ness' meta instantly

Though I think grabbing someone off the ledge is interesting... Does it only work on MK?

Also I have like 5 mins before I gotta leave for my bus stop. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wasn't sure what to say on this lol

Yo-Yos will change Ness' meta instantly

Though I think grabbing someone off the ledge is interesting... Does it only work on MK?

Also I have like 5 mins before I gotta leave for my bus stop. :p
It works on DK and Yoshi too, off the top of my head, though if you're doing a standing grab on yoshi you need to time it in conjunction with when he peaks his head above stage. Haven't tested it vs. many others yet though.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Thanks guys, i'll go back to my little corner and look for more 'secret' meta game stuff that everyone actually knows about. :(
at least you tried something, this is how the metagame developes ... as an example i found out that ness has a sliding pk-flash
if he hits his enemy, he deals a massive amount ov like 10%, with like no knockback (before he dies) ... and then i noticed everybody knows this already ... but WE'LL FIND SOMETHING ... sooner or later ... fullycharged pk-flash to buffer'd psi-magnet-healing stuff or something ... or a pk-flash jump (like lucas' pk-fire jump)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, Meta Knight is META Knight after all... Anyways, now Luco seems to be talking about something plausible.... By the way, why are you guys so active in the morning (U.S Time)??

Tikao

Smash Ace
because it's so 2:43 PM in germany

and I'm bored, because i can't do anything besides writting here or using something like skype ... yeaaaah 64kb/s

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Pretty much also someone test this cause this is my favorite set up. F air - U tilt - U tilt - N air and tell me what percent they get. I've done it a FEW times in tournament but it's kinda odd.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Pretty much also someone test this cause this is my favorite set up. F air - U tilt - U tilt - N air and tell me what percent they get. I've done it a FEW times in tournament but it's kinda odd.
not a true combo, better players will SDI/DI out of the fair or utilt.
It never works for me because people just hold backwards and utilt has too small range to hit them

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Works for me even Shaky admits I can get u tilts more often than him =P .

Also sleep time night/morning

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Fox: Jamwa, Nido and I are all Aussie, Tikao is German and the American Ness mains tend to be somewhat scattered afaik. :o

M, or Meteor Master used to be (if not still) Australia's best Ness, I would've counted him if it wasn't for the fact that he's inactive and there's a slim but plausible possibility that i'm slightly better than him now.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, Aussies... That reminds me of a commentator talking about Kangaroos and stuff lol. I believe it was during TKD vs. Mr.R concept match lol. Just random thing... What move out of these two do you think Ness mains should use more? Dash attack or Forward Air?

Tikao

Smash Ace
(retreating) fair for spacing, dashattack as a good ranged mixup (can be punsihed easily if you use it often)
just rushing on the shield of the enemy with fair is not that safe, can be used for shieldpoking, but don't get shieldgrabbed, fair is more fore spacing

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I guess.... it seems like fair is kind of weak attack in terms of damage but I felt that it was relatively safe on shield....

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@Fox: Jamwa, Nido and I are all Aussie, Tikao is German and the American Ness mains tend to be somewhat scattered afaik. :o

Red X, Pidge (well actually she retired now lol) and I are from Canada, to add from this. :p

Also what does afaik mean LOL

By the way, why are you guys so active in the morning (U.S Time)??
My school starts at 9:45 but I have to leave for my bus stop at like 8:40, and I wake up at 8 AM. Anytime I have before 8:40 is time for me to be on in the morning!

BTW if you're wondering why I leave so early, it's 'cause my bus comes at like 8:50, then it takes like 30 mins to actually get to my school. Though a drive from my house to the school is like 10-15 mins lol

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, it was more or less same here. Except that my school started like 2 hours earlier than yours lol. Anyways, bus took like 30-45 minutes to get to school while I could be there in car in 2-3 minutes assuming no traffics lol.

Top Bottom