• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So, today I had my last day of school, and I have exams coming up. I have 2 Math exams, on Monday and Tuesday (9:30 AM - 12 PM), a History exam on Friday, (1 PM - 3 PM) and a Science exam on the Monday of June 17th. (9:30 AM - 12 PM). I should mainly focus my "studying" on History though. :p

Today was an awesome day though since I brought my Wii and we got to play Brawl and MKWii in English class xD
I won all the matches in Brawl and all the sets overall in MKWii. My friends are rather casual players lol

I can't believe the last day passed already though... I thought September was last month XD O__o

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, you had school 'till this week? Wait, you are in Canada.... That explains the difference. Good luck in your exams!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
FOW dropped Ness for MK but occasionally still uses him and is generally awesome when he does. <3

And yes it'd be a community vid. There's plenty of stuff we could do peeps!

Tikao

Smash Ace
well, to be honest, I don't wanna appear in a combo-video either xD
there is nothing worse in brawl than a bad combo-video and unless we realy got some serious mad-awesome-WOAHTEHFAACK-combos, there shouldn't be a combo video
also this depends on the "better" Ness/Lucas mains
shaky as an example for ness ... a ness community combo video without shaky wouldn't be a good one

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've been saving up some really nice combos from both chars on replays on my wii and I really wanna get them into a combo vid... :p

And you can support the idea and not be in it haha.

And what makes you guys think the combo vid would be really bad? Other communities are still doing it and i've seen some really new players there do some pretty fantastic stuff. I just think like, like.... =/

Why can't I get anything going around here? :( :( :(

I just mean, it's like we've lost all hope. I want us to be active and strong and going out there and doing stuff... with combo videos comes the intent to get better, which usually comes with actually doing better and...

I'm sad guys. And I know it's bad of me to say so... but yea. :(

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Still find it pointless because people can just look up Player vs player and find a match showing the skillz

Tikao

Smash Ace
but showing off our skills and improving our skills are two different things
also real combos are veeeeery rare in brawl and only at low % , so in most situations, the enemy just did something wrong
the guy who did the combo did everything right, but the whole situation could've been avoided
so if it's for showing off our skill, a combo video isn't thaaaat great
also (like i said) we need to improve our skill and develope it, so we need to talk and discuss about like everything here and this would happen with something like a skype-group D: (I'll never give up this idea xD)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
but showing off our skills and improving our skills are two different things
also real combos are veeeeery rare in brawl and only at low % , so in most situations, the enemy just did something wrong
the guy who did the combo did everything right, but the whole situation could've been avoided
so if it's for showing off our skill, a combo video isn't thaaaat great
also (like i said) we need to improve our skill and develope it, so we need to talk and discuss about like everything here and this would happen with something like a skype-group D: (I'll never give up this idea xD)
I don't have skype... =(

Why can't we do AIM? :3

Nido has AIM and BC too. :o

Anyway, they are two different things but they're often connected. You decide you wanna get better so you can show off your skills, or you can show off your skills and think 'I can do even better' and get better, etc etc things like that.

I think at heart the reason why I love community combo vids is they show a piece of everyone all dedicated to their character. Everyone has contributed to this piece that shows us all of our greatest moments. You see, a lot of my uploaded matches tend to be my bad ones (like you could expect this to be so but seriously I think I have like one match uploaded throughout youtube of me where I actually win and that was ages ago and the opponent messed up quite a bit several times) - but I think a community vid could finally show peeps that I've had some fantastic moments.... and I think it would help you guys too in the same way. Itreally improves confidence IMO and with confidence you generally do better.

So, the links ARE there IMO. :o

Tikao

Smash Ace
I don't have skype... =(

Why can't we do AIM? :3

Nido has AIM and BC too. :o

Anyway, they are two different things but they're often connected. You decide you wanna get better so you can show off your skills, or you can show off your skills and think 'I can do even better' and get better, etc etc things like that.

I think at heart the reason why I love community combo vids is they show a piece of everyone all dedicated to their character. Everyone has contributed to this piece that shows us all of our greatest moments. You see, a lot of my uploaded matches tend to be my bad ones (like you could expect this to be so but seriously I think I have like one match uploaded throughout youtube of me where I actually win and that was ages ago and the opponent messed up quite a bit several times) - but I think a community vid could finally show peeps that I've had some fantastic moments.... and I think it would help you guys too in the same way. Itreally improves confidence IMO and with confidence you generally do better.

So, the links ARE there IMO. :o

the problem in "improving with CVs" is it shows the best situations
then there are situations like "hmm i neeeeed combos" then they're just playing reckless and messing things up, just to look stylish or cool, because they wanna be like in a combo video
if you wanna get better, its better to just look up some matches of your charakter (good mainers of him/her obviously) and to just look what happened in situation XY and stuff like that, because in CVs, it always works out, but in regular matches, you can see something like how they get punished for something, or how often something worked out, so you see whats safe etc., you see, when they use mixups which are not that safe, and then if they worked out and maybe why they worked out /don't worked out

CVs tend to blend people
especialy when its about getting someone to START playing the charakter

hmm but i'm still not sure
if it's realy just about improving ourselves and to becoming more active, then I'll support this
but only if we find enough people to support this/ enough people to actually appear in the combo video / enough OMGWAHTAFACKHAPPANED-combos
but we shouldn't rush this, and if it takes like a year to find enough people/combos/whatever or even more, we shouldn't rush this, this is importent

also to this skype-group stuff ... doesn't have to be skype ... this was just an example, just a livegroupchat or something like that
something like that reaaaaly helps imrpoving youself
we (some people here in berlin) started a skypegroup and became way more active by that, and now we're discussing about ssbb stuff and are meeting more offten to train and stuff ... the problem there is its useless for any ness-related stuff because well .... beeing the only ness-main in the whole country xD
this doesn't mean it would replace the ness/lucas boards or something like that, this would actually connect very well, because this would cause more discussing in general like about MUs and stuff

/edit ... shouldn't spam "and stuff" like that anymore xD

Nido

ily Sebby
How about I combo Luco with my fists and upload it to youtube and all the news shows can be really bias and make me look like I did 9/11

problem officially solved:
>Luco gets his combo vid
>everyone else isn't in it

Nido

ily Sebby
My fist doesn't need to be PSI, it's a deathhand ready to grab :smirk:
I don't need to be Ness/Lucas ;)
Luco will appreciate what I tell him to appreciate :awesome:

START APPRECIATING ME LUCO AND WHAT I SACRIFICE FOR YOU

Tikao

Smash Ace
Best Ness Combo Video IMO ( Bart ftw )
this is exactly the video why i started maining Ness back in ... 2009? 2010? dont' know it exactly ... like when i started playing brawl

and i'm pissed know, can't watch the E3 stream because internet here is just 92u4rhzsdagbf8iouwqgerufg :@

Tikao

Smash Ace
ok doublepost nvm, found something incredible, so i don't care

A new AT ... no joke

well, ness can't use psi-teleport in ssbb right ... WRONG NOW HE CAN USE IT, TAKE THAT BRAWL
tested it against rob at low %, so i don't know if it's working against everyone or at any %, but who cares TELEPOARTZ
simply pk-fire him, so he burns in the flames, then buffer a footstool (before he can sdi out of the flames, thats why it should be easier at low %)
then as fast as you can, buffer psi-magnet out of the footstool, and, if done right, YOU'll TELEROAR ON THE FLOOR RIGHT BEHING ROB ... you can choose to revearse the psi-magnet, so it's like you teleportet at his back (when you don't revearse it, you simply stand behing him but you don't FACE HIM LIKE A MAN WHO's GONNA STAB HIS BACK LIKE A NINJA
and the best part of it is IT'S COMPLEATLY USESLESS, because of the endlag of psi-magnet, so we got a frame disadvantage, because pk-fire ends before psi-magnet does
has something to do with the momentum of psi-magnet after a footstool, should work against everyone at any %, maybe something with fastfall too, because DOWN-b ... i could've fastfalled something for like 1 frame between footstool and buffer'd psi-magnet or something like that

is this already discovered?
i hope not, because this would be my first at ;_; ... and its useless and looks awesome and gives us a frame disadvantage

THIS FITS ME / MY PERSONALITY PERFECT :happysheep:

ok got brawl against cpu's here at the hospital, so i'll simply test everything and anything and and and i'm bored, because i can't do like anything else. I'LL FIND A USEFULL AT SOMEDAY, BE PREPARED ... ok i'm realy bored, this is getting serious now

MORE SHEEPS :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
ok doublepost nvm, found something incredible, so i don't care

A new AT ... no joke

well, ness can't use psi-teleport in ssbb right ... WRONG NOW HE CAN USE IT, TAKE THAT BRAWL
tested it against rob at low %, so i don't know if it's working against everyone or at any %, but who cares TELEPOARTZ
simply pk-fire him, so he burns in the flames, then buffer a footstool (before he can sdi out of the flames, thats why it should be easier at low %)
then as fast as you can, buffer psi-magnet out of the footstool, and, if done right, YOU'll TELEROAR ON THE FLOOR RIGHT BEHING ROB ... you can choose to revearse the psi-magnet, so it's like you teleportet at his back (when you don't revearse it, you simply stand behing him but you don't FACE HIM LIKE A MAN WHO's GONNA STAB HIS BACK LIKE A NINJA
and the best part of it is IT'S COMPLEATLY USESLESS, because of the endlag of psi-magnet, so we got a frame disadvantage, because pk-fire ends before psi-magnet does
has something to do with the momentum of psi-magnet after a footstool, should work against everyone at any %, maybe something with fastfall too, because DOWN-b ... i could've fastfalled something for like 1 frame between footstool and buffer'd psi-magnet or something like that

is this already discovered?
i hope not, because this would be my first at ;_; ... and its useless and looks awesome and gives us a frame disadvantage

THIS FITS ME / MY PERSONALITY PERFECT :happysheep:

ok got brawl against cpu's here at the hospital, so i'll simply test everything and anything and and and i'm bored, because i can't do like anything else. I'LL FIND A USEFULL AT SOMEDAY, BE PREPARED ... ok i'm realy bored, this is getting serious now

MORE SHEEPS :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

I could be wrong but I think this is something similar to ZSS' infinite on ROB. :o

But I could be wrong!!

@Nido: I think we both know who will be combo-ing the other... :smirk:

:ness:

Thanks Tikao - I know it could take time. I'll do my best to come up with those crazy videos!! =D

Tikao

Smash Ace
I could be wrong but I think this is something similar to ZSS' infinite on ROB. :o

But I could be wrong!!
tested it on other charakters, and it works too, but it still seems to be similar
it's something about, when you footstool someone and instantly fastfall, you'll at first like jump actually on their head, but then the jump starts a bit lower, after fastfalling for like 1 frame, you have to buffer a down-b and then some momentum stuff uses this 1 fastfallframe and beams you at the back of your enemy, so your "fastfalled-footstool" will start actually even lower and then cancel the jump because of psi-magnet

but i never pulled this of against someone who just stands on the ground, seems this doesn't work, they have to be in the air or something, thats why pk-fire is so awesome here, because they're captured near the ground, but this counts as in the air, and the Teleport actually teleports you at the ground. zss dsmash does the same here like pk-fire i guess

you can do the same in the air, just uthrow or somthing like that and then footstool->fastfall->psimagnet, they just have to be in the air, but the teleport here is not that awesome, probadly not worth to mention it, but it works, even if it's boring (the enemy is footstooled in the air and falls, you teleport behind but psi-magnet makes you to stay in place, while he is falling, so basically, the enemy is under you, and while you sty in place and got that psi-magnet endlag)

/edit ok looks like it's exactly what zss's dsmash infinite against rob is >_< ... yeah ... kill me please

anyway, I'll realy try to find some at's ... I'll be here at the hospital for at least another week (and i started to lose weight again, so it'll probadly be more than a week), and because I'm completly bored, I'll try to test everything
if someone has a idea like "hey, could this and that happen, when you use this", tell me and I'll try it

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hey, I called Villager OP in my skype chat group too! I think Villager could potentially counter Ness's projectile game with that throw-back-projectile ability lol.
Oh and that Megaman move = OP. I hope that would be DI-able to minimize the damage....

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Real talk why shouldn't Megaman and Villager be included. Both of them from what I can tell are different but still fit. Villager looks like the perfect anti camper. While megaman could be the perfect camper due to the fact he doesn't punch. His normal A is shooting not punching and his wide range of projectile. I'll probably test both out because they honestly look really fun to me. Hell even the Wii Fit Chick looks fun... if you know what I mean ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hell even the Wii Fit Chick looks fun... if you know what I mean ;)
Ew. Ewwww. No. Why did you have to say that last part Screk, I was taking your definition just fine until...

Ew....... D:

But to be serious, I agree with a lot of screk said. WFT actually reminds me a lot of ZSS (NO REPLACING PLEASE! ;_;) and Megaman I think was kinda expected.

Basically I think all three of these additions could be interesting and cool, personally. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Tikao

Smash Ace
Villager looks funny ... thinking of maining him xD
i mean, c'mon, he plants trees and attacks with them
and shovels you in the ground
and he just ... well picks up everything and throw it back at you ... "oh a fully charged chargebeam, i'll take this ... hmm nah, not as awesome as i thought, here take it back, i don't want it anymore BAM"

and just look at him ... he looks a bit like ness, because of his head-body proportions and he seems to be the same age or something like that
he seems to be a anti-camper, so he's more of a defensive charakter (only guessing), and i like that

and megaman just fits in ssb ... also, to this 293487284% dsmash of him, they said it somehow overheads him, if you use that too often, and it doesn't seemed to be that fast, so it doesn't seems op to me ... maybe you can even sdi it (multi-hit attack)

and to this wii fit "chick" (pls, don't call her like that ... just look at her)... well .... shall i cry or laugh, i don't know, but she'll yoga the **** out of you (she has to be some kind of a child of lucario and zss)
but she'll help balancing the game A LOT
poor wario, will be a bad MU for him ... or bowser
but ness will win this mu, because she's a fitness trainer and nobody is fitnesser than the fittest fitnesser ness with his fitness-ness

Top Bottom