• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Nido

ily Sebby
Why do people think the 3 new characters are good in the slightest?

I swear, if Toad is announced as playable I will officially quit smash.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why do people think the 3 new characters are good in the slightest?

I swear, if Toad is announced as playable I will officially quit smash.
A few reasons, including that they prove that Sakurai can go back on his word (he originally said he wouldn't add AC characters in smash because it wasn't viable) and go for the better. They're also completely different ad refreshing choices. We all expected Megaman, Ridley, K. Rool, etc. and because Namco is helping Sakurai with balance I doubt it will affect other characters getting/staying in or not.

Who did you expect? Who would you want? :)

Nido

ily Sebby
But Animal Crossing is an awful game series.

I actually think the current Brawl roster is too big, I only really wanted cuts of not needed characters like PT, Wario, Tink etc

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But Animal Crossing is an awful game series.

I actually think the current Brawl roster is too big, I only really wanted cuts of not needed characters like PT, Wario, Tink etc
Really? ;_;

It's smash 4 so it's not like they should be cutting that roster down now... I don't even understand why you'd want cuts, it's just so... @.@

Why??

Also AC being bad or good is subjectiveeeeeee. @.@

Nido

ily Sebby
20-25 is still a lot Luco

With 35+ it gets hard to keep track of all the characters' moves and MUs without spending FOREVER learning them all

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
20-25 is still a lot Luco

With 35+ it gets hard to keep track of all the characters' moves and MUs without spending FOREVER learning them all
Hehe, personally I find it easy to keep track of everyone's moves but it could just be me lol. :p

I love Brawl's 35 and i'm looking forward to seeing more - I don't mind a ridiculous bunch of MUs, really, as long as there's enough people to sort it all out and have a project going like a MU chart or something. Even then I could just see what the MUs seem like to me. :p

Tikao

Smash Ace
AC is fine ... Villager will hunt you down
as far as they don't overdue it with these "not that predicted" chars (Pichu [he HURTS himself] GaW RoB Villager wii fit trainer), it's ok for me
also for the charakter rooster ... i don't realy have a problem with too many chars (still as far as they don't overdue it, don't say something like "ok 158 chars now"), as long as they don't have clones (cf and ganon need a diffrent movepool as an example, they don't even have something in common, 2 diffrent games, c'mon nintendo)

and to be honest ... if there are 40+ chars, there will be chars who are just bad, so you don't have to learn 40MUs by hard

Nido

ily Sebby
G&W is perfectly fine, he's a very iconic figure for Nintendo

Villager is easily my most disapproved addition for any game I've seen

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ lol

I like Villager. I wont main him or anything, but I like him. WFT though, might main her if shes good. I usually just play the best of my favorite characters (hence me maining Mario in smash 64, Mario in melee, and Yoshi in brawl, since my favorite characters are Bowser, Yoshi, and Mario, but I still play all 3 in each game) and she could easily be up there if I enjoy playing as her. I REALLY wanna main Bowser this time around though since Im loving the changes theyve made to him so far, so hopefully hes good.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Honestly AC is personal opinion some people like it and some don't. I would prefer a bigger roster to a smaller one. Than again I'll play the game no matter what size it is. You can't judge the game or characters before it's out is what I've learned. Right now the only reason I'll main villager is because I find him the most interesting of the cast right now. Also all the psycho murder meme's appearing about him on tumblr which I find funny but as I said earlier every character is subjected to opinion if you don't like too bad honestly.

Also Ness Ditto vs my friend Valiant. He's Fuel and I'm yellow

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've got a lot of vids ready for the combo vid - if I see Shaky on AIM or whatnot i'll ask him if he has anything he can send in. :o ^_^

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I like how Luco says the combo vid instead of a combo vid even though everyone else is against it~

But still Shaky...

Nido

ily Sebby
It doesn't matter if everyone is against it, also Luco has brought it up before and has been referring to the same one along with everyone else so saying the combo vid is appropriate :p

Shaky is a monster

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I will play Villager just for you guys :p That projectile holding thing looks too sweet. I wonder how it will be against PKT? Oh and WFT... I don't know what I will do with her.....
@Luco, you and your quest for combo vid... I wish you luck in your quest!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I will play Villager just for you guys :p That projectile holding thing looks too sweet. I wonder how it will be against PKT? Oh and WFT... I don't know what I will do with her.....
My brother was wondering the same thing with PKT. It'd be insane if he could use it like Ness/Lucas as another upB. @.@

Tikao

Smash Ace
it'll probadly just move in a straight line like when it gets reflected in brawl, you can't use it like ness/lucas, when you reflect it

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, but still, Villager holds it and then probs can use it to gimp you guys when he times it well. Or use that absorption to gimp you guys. Villager vs. PSI kids MU will be interesting....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, but still, Villager holds it and then probs can use it to gimp you guys when he times it well. Or use that absorption to gimp you guys. Villager vs. PSI kids MU will be interesting....
You can PKF with Lucas/Ness and disrupt the ball of PKT of either kid.

Guess villager will be doing that too. :p

Tikao

Smash Ace
it'll be like when fox reflects a pkt1 ... it'll move in a stright line away from him
same goes for villager ... he throws it in a straight line in the opposite direction were he catched it

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Strange, my post never posted it seems, anyways, uh may be Villager can use it to gimp PSI kids with it. I don't know, it will be an interesting MU...

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Guys, played the weirdest dubz set ever...
Reckless4Christ (Ness) + MrZero (Marth) vs. P4 (Marth) + andrew (Marth/Snake)
And I won!!! TAKE THAT MARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw how do you play GaW...GaW makes my Ness cry...

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
^I'm with you there, G&W makes me want to bang my head on a desk cause of his stupidly quick/non-laggy and strong Smash attacks. He also has the turtle and that bucket. >__>

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually G&W's Fsmash can be punished and i've done it on occasion but it's a hard MU because it makes things you've always considered somewhat safe beome far more unsafe. A good instance is spotdodging. None of that in this MU. Blocking is better and be prepared to tech your way out of a Dthrow or you could eat a Dsmash, Usmash or even get caught in a throwing mindgame (this could happen anyway so literally just do what we're all accustomed to and play the keep-away game).

To clarify, saying 'just tech it' is obviously harder than it sounds. I recently practiced my tech skill on a custom stage, using snake and C4. You begin to get a feel for it there.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Even Yoshi can punish GW on shield lol.
Yes but Yoshi's jab isn't... annoying, sometimes. :p

We can punish with a grab or other stuff but it's definitely an MU where you have to be reading the opponent and you have to be the one doing the punishing and spacing or he'll just overtake you, hook you in and throw you along for the ride.

And that's one ride I don't want to be on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol Yoshi has an way long shield drop animation and cant jump out of shield. His only OoS options are to either drop shield which quite literally takes 500% longer than any other character (not an exaggeration btw, its actually roughly that much longer) or use his slow as **** shield grab which comes out slow than ZSS' shield grab and has less range. Thats why people always joke around saying Yoshi doesnt have a shield lol. And even with that, Yoshi can punish GW on shield looool.

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Teching GW down throw becomes easy after a couple of games you get the techs really consistently without too much practice, but since my friend plays him sometimes he knows ill tech it and try to set up an fsmash or u smash or regrab so sometimes I just don't tech it and I roll out

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A really good way to remember teching G&W is to press the button when you see yourself in the last freeze-frame animation of his Dthrow - that is, when you're the juggling ball on the other hand.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Hey guys, do we already have a bunch of info with footstools? Which was the character that you couldn't footstool>DJ>NAir?

I found a cool way to do a standing jump to footstool>DJ>NAir, but its probly not reasonable for competitive play unless you predict an airdodge or spot dodge or shield.

If you're running toward someone and jump near enough to them, you can input a jump immediately and assure a footstool, and immediately after that footstool you can jump for the midair jump and get a free NAir on most everyone. It's not really reasonable on many characters though. Tall characters you might have a chance with, but you need to do a full hop rather than a short hop.

Tell me if this is already known.

Edit: it is 4 button inputs in like 15-20frames, but 3 of them are jump.

Edit 2: I'm not sure if this is significant, but there's this other weird thing with variable running speeds that I bet someone already knows about. If you do a little fox trot, near the end of the initial dash before you stop, you can tilt your control stick slightly forward to go somewhat slower than your normal run speed. Try it out on sonic.

Nido

ily Sebby
I'm pretty sure this is described in one of the guides somewhere, I remember reading it only works on certain characters.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Kevin the only person I know who terrible at ness ( he admits it ) and knows a crap ton on Ness.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys, do we already have a bunch of info with footstools? Which was the character that you couldn't footstool>DJ>NAir?

I found a cool way to do a standing jump to footstool>DJ>NAir, but its probly not reasonable for competitive play unless you predict an airdodge or spot dodge or shield.

If you're running toward someone and jump near enough to them, you can input a jump immediately and assure a footstool, and immediately after that footstool you can jump for the midair jump and get a free NAir on most everyone. It's not really reasonable on many characters though. Tall characters you might have a chance with, but you need to do a full hop rather than a short hop.

Tell me if this is already known.

Edit: it is 4 button inputs in like 15-20frames, but 3 of them are jump.

Edit 2: I'm not sure if this is significant, but there's this other weird thing with variable running speeds that I bet someone already knows about. If you do a little fox trot, near the end of the initial dash before you stop, you can tilt your control stick slightly forward to go somewhat slower than your normal run speed. Try it out on sonic.
I've noticed the dash dance ----> slightly slower running speed as well. As it so happens, the speed you go at there is actually the same as the running speed you want when you're trying to do the 'forever run' glitch (where you're running on the ledge of the stage and not falling off). :o

Top Bottom