• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
It's still a theory until it's officially stated ( like the zelda time line ) no one will know the exact time frame.

Tikao

Smash Ace
like nothing in the eartbound/mother series is official stated, because itoi wants us to use our imagination ... there are just sooooo many theories about like everything

Nido

ily Sebby
Itoi is so mean I'll bet he takes out the condiment glitch in the VCU version of EB :crying:
So much fun to break the game with it lol

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ness becoming a vendor that serves Lucas? Ness must have gotten through a lot :( Nah, seriously, it'd be awesome to see Ness and Lucas together and devs clearing things up..... And Tikao, hoping for you to recover swiftly! Why are you there in the first place though? Nido, glitching = bad :troll:

Tikao

Smash Ace
Ness becoming a vendor that serves Lucas? Ness must have gotten through a lot :( Nah, seriously, it'd be awesome to see Ness and Lucas together and devs clearing things up..... And Tikao, hoping for you to recover swiftly! Why are you there in the first place though
he's more like a vendor for the pigmasks ;_; ... it makes more sense if you read everything, so you have to play mother3, because of the spoilers in the text

and i got Ulcerative colitis
Ulcerative colitis is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine.
it can't get cured and there is a higher risk of developing cancer later
BUT it could be like I'm not lactose intolerant, so i could be able to eat diary products after all ( so later, not know) ... have to eat my lasagne D: ... lasagne is the steak for my inner ness

Nido

ily Sebby
Tikao I hope you don't get cancer after that :c

Can you still eat steak? Hopefully we'll be able to eat steak at my steakhaus.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i can eat everything, if everythings works like it should (maybe no diary products, but this has to be tested again later)
steak is ok
but for me lasagne is like steak for ness, so this would be more important for me
i have to eat alot by the way, 59kg isn't that much for 1,82cm and I'm already smaller because of the Ulcerative colitis, so i should weigh more, and this is why i have to stay here, and my internet here is way to bad for the E3 stream, so ... i won't see ANYTHING OF IT ;________;
dat hype about ssb4 and i can't see anything of it ... tell me some ness and lucas and mother/earthbound related stuff, ok?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I certainly hope for the best, Tikao! Hope you will be back healthier and carry on with your smash and life!

Nido

ily Sebby
I've heard really bad things about ulcerative colitis, like needing a bag inside you to replace your bladder.

Tikao

Smash Ace
no, but it could be like they have to cut my large intestine out, and then they would have to make a new intestinal output where the large intestine started ... but they said this happened here only 2 times in 14 years, so this won't happen
also my liver ... levels(?) are not that great, because of that (and i don't drink or smoke, and i'm german), but the medicals i have to take are good for that too so ... my english is very bad right know xD
hope everything i wrote is correct, don't know if all these medical-words are correct, i only know them in german .. and my english overall isn't that great too, but my internet is way to bad to look everything up, hope everybody can understand this xD

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ah, I see... So you seem to have an assortment of internal organ problems... Well, best of luck, as I said before..... Surgery, no matter how big or small, is a serious matter.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Survived a Ness Bthrow the other night at around 130%, how did I even do thissssss?
Was this vs. me btw?

130's an interesting percent for Bthrow. Lucario is a mid weight and he has Dair. These two things already make Bthrow that little bit weaker. As well as that, you can factor in Screk's advice about how stale it was and where on the stage it is and then it's not so surprising that you survived. :o

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
you threw me from the opposite side of the stage, but Dthrow still kills me even then. Dair isn't that great at helping survive at times since when Lucario is in his hitstun his Dair doesn't stall.

Tikao

Smash Ace
its not that difficult to survive a bthrow of ness at 130%, when it's across the whole stage, if you know how to DI it. yeah depends on the charakter, a mk wouldn't survive that afaik

Nido

ily Sebby
Lucario wouldn't survive it if it was decently fresh. Full stage PS1 you would've lived FD maybe anything else you should have died

Tikao

Smash Ace
bthrow is waaaaaay weeker across the whole stage
at the edge, it can kill mk at like 90%
across the whole stage, he should be able to survive until 125-130%
a snake across the whole stage dies at like 155-160%
depends on the stage and stuff, but it should be like that
overall, the bthrow kills between 80% (jiggz) and like 170% (d³ across the stage or something like that)
so, a diffrence of 90%, this is a lot

and this is for the unstaled bthrow. lucario should die with good DI across the whole stage at like 135% (unstaled)

/edit thought of fd as the stage for all these percentages, can't prove them right know

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Welp, I got killed by bthrow when I was around 100s as Fox..... I think I got shot up which made distance to travel real short..... Probably it was just my DI.

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah, if you DI in the wrong direction, you make it even worse xD
but isn't that a problem of fox
he is bad at DI-ing and/or momentum canceling or something like that, and this is a big problem out of throws so you die earlier ... something about that he is a fastfaller but something like a middle-weight?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Being a very fast faller is beneficial, as the main idea of DI-ing is to aim yourself towards the top corners of the blast zone, perform your quickest aerial, and then fast fall.
If you are someone like Lucas or Link, you can DI down certain moves, and then stop yourself sliding off the stage by tethering the ledge.
if you are a character such as pikachu, you can quickly Uair, and then skull bash towards the stage to cancel your momentum.
If you are GaW, nair -> bucket (which is op).
im not really sure of other forms of DI other than SDI

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, just me DI'ing upward getting me killed lol. I would not say some characters are bad at DI'ing really. I don't think it matters other than player ability to input as many as possible before hitlags end....

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Fox is light and also I've heard somewhere that falling speed can make you be launched farther (not sure if it's true) but I'm pretty sure Fox dies from bthrow as soon as MK so it's not surprising that you died at 100s.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm,I suppose so.... Since DI does not affect the launch force and it only affects the angle. You are right. Fox is like the 7th lightest character in the game. Well, kind of my fault getting grabbed anyways lol.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I survived a B-throw in a Ness ditto at 150% from the other side of Battlefield. IDK how that happened since it was fresh, and I DI'd downward so I went like in a straight line, which wasn't exactly good LOL

I was Bairing like hell then did my Double Jump. Though surviving it was for naught since I got killed by a Nair afterwards. :p

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
You probably slowed down your momentum just to let you live out of it or got extremely lucky since it was across the stage. Ness's back throw is every strange I've seen Shaky kill with it at 30 % on brinstar. I also just realized it's June I turn 22 June 20th oh lawd.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Wait a minute.... 30% O_o Was it close to the edge, combined with poor to no DI and Momentum Cancel? That's gotta be the case....

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Ness's b throw on brinstar is pretty freaking crazy. and it was right on the edge of the left side. It happen so fast that there was no time to react.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I tested the 30 % on brinstar vs Wario ( who I think was the character that died at 30 % ) and it does not kill with no DI. Back throw does kill around in the 90's in brinstar on wario with no DI

Top Bottom