• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Fsann is insane, so good.

Hyutter is an awesome japanese Lucas. This Nyoho seems pretty good as well! :o

In any case, i'll pull up a good Lucas video for you at one point where Dair isn't his only aerial used. The above video actually helps prove my point too. <3

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ness da bess, oh and I dair you to put up a non-dair vid :p Anyways, can Lucas' "branch" deflect projectiles like Ness can with his bat? Just curious.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi can deflect things with his down smash, but only things that come from beneath him, which means not many things unless they like, throw something up at you while you dsmash on a platform above them which is practically never.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
May be he likes to try the homerunning people? I mean, it is a baseball bat after all... Still yet to watch that vid lol. May be tomorrow :p

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
A lot of ness's I notice have CERTAIN moves they tend to do a lot more than others. I myself like to do B air a lot for some reason.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A lot of ness's I notice have CERTAIN moves they tend to do a lot more than others. I myself like to do B air a lot for some reason.
Yeah - Yoshi is famous for using Yoyo, Yink was fond of Nair, Shaky likes to PKT2 kill quite a bit (I hear it was the reason he originally picked up Ness), Nido loves Ness' Dair, I enjoy Fair spacing and PKF but I used to love PK flash, etc. :o

I'm actually not sure what I lean towards most. Nido could probably tell you - it's hard to analyse your own playstyle. :p

Susi

Smash Apprentice
So no one knows anything about Ness vs Lucario? It's the only relevant MU in Finland I have hard time in. Even tho I won the better one last time, I didnt feel confident at all.

By the way, I have played Marths and DKs with ZSS for 3 years now. Feels good!

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I tend to use Yo-Yos a lot, but I also love using Bair, Nair, and F-Tilt a lot lol
F-Tilt is like my favorite quick GTFO move lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's an even MU and for good reason. But... it's hard to explain.

In any case, my advice is to play safe and space well. Lucario does a number on us once he gets close and I think he has stuff out of GR. If he does get in close, he often tries things like Nair ---> very little landing lag ---> all three jabs. If he makes the mistake of using his third jab, use OoS Nair to get him off your tail iirc.

Be SERIOUSLY wary of using normal Ness tricks on him. Using PKF to grab is a nono if you're at max range when PKF hits because he can almost always use his downB (a counter - I can't remember it's name) by that time and you can't grab him in his starting frames. Close up it's better but you have to experience that a bit for yourself and work out where you can safely go for the grab combo or try something else.

Also, another thing to be really wary of is Lucario at high percents. This is especially where you want to play safe. If you can get him offstage, it will be much easier because Lucario has issues with recovery (his upB does no damage as we all know), so you can take advantage of him there to use Bair or Uair or some other killing aerial. Remember that bair can be seriously DI'ed though, so be careful about staling it.

Watch for his AS. He often does it in a few situations, like when he's just thrown you away, when you're trying to recover from offstage, as a random mix-up up close or as a combo-breaker sometimes if he has the time before you hit him again. The most predictable of these situations are the first two examples. I've picked up some ridiculous percentage heal before because I read his edge-guarding AS when he was at about 140% (it was so beautiful ;_; :p)

Basically, Lucario has an advantage on us onstage at close-range. We have a slight advantage at mid and long range is pretty neutral. In the air I can't remember who wins. I think Fair is good against his Fair (outranges) but I can't be sure. Offstage, we can really hurt him, though I think he can also hurt us a lot offstage as well from memory.

Just, be careful of his tricks, learn his combos and respond with your own!

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I like Ness ditto btw. And Luco thank you sooooooooooooooo much I needed this but kept forgetting to ask. And I do a lot of usmash, it's an under-rated move.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like Ness ditto btw. And Luco thank you sooooooooooooooo much I needed this but kept forgetting to ask. And I do a lot of usmash, it's an under-rated move.
Oh, advice on the Lucario MU? No problem! :)

Also, I enjoy using Usmash for edge-guarding. If you run at the ledge and time it right, the yoyo will hang off the edge and can still be charged. It's good because you can hurt people to hang on to the ledge for too long, then hit them with the major hit of Usmash. ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah gosh none of my uploaded vids at BAM seem to show it. Unless.... A sec.

Okay nope thank goodness my set with Ledge doesn't have it. I'd be embarrassed to show you that vid haha. :-P

In any case, my match with dekar might have it, whenever SD gets around to uploading it. I can try and show you then. ^_^

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Oh and one more thing. This might not be the best place to ask this but how would a Ness team with a Marth? Like, strategies and stuff. Me and my regular partner have some stuff going but we're a little short when it comes to tourney :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh and one more thing. This might not be the best place to ask this but how would a Ness team with a Marth? Like, strategies and stuff. Me and my regular partner have some stuff going but we're a little short when it comes to tourney :(
Ness is an odd partner in teams. I'd say utilise marth's grabs and have them going in to combos from Ness, like maybe a Nair?

Ness could also grab into a tipper Bair from Marth? Or Perhaps a grab into Fsmash. You see, when Ness uses his Fair, he throws the opponent around in front of him, meaning their hurtboxes are right there for the taking. See if you can practice so that when ness uses his Fair, marth uses a tippered Fsmash to interrupt and kill?

Just throwing out ideas here, I don't quite know the actual dynamics of the team. It's an odd one though - Ness teaming up with one of his worst MUs. Sounds like fun actually! :D

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
It is fun. IMO Marth and Ness cover each other's defenseive/aggressive games in doubles. Like if it's not a good idea for Ness to play aggressive because of your opponent's character or something, then Marth can take over. Make sense? Anyway, the combos you get from that team are like, "lol". And my good:ness:, the sandwiching! But yeah it's a surprisingly good team but you never see a Ness+Marth team anywhere for some reason.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's a lot of teams out there yet to be discovered. My bro and I, to my knowledge, are the only actual serious Lucas + Lucas team out there.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Lucas+Lucas sounds kinda fun actually. Even though I don't play Lucas. But Marth+Ness does sound kinda weird so I see why it's not a popular team.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Also, I enjoy using Usmash for edge-guarding. If you run at the ledge and time it right, the yoyo will hang off the edge and can still be charged. It's good because you can hurt people to hang on to the ledge for too long, then hit them with the major hit of Usmash. ;)
This is what I do a lot, but sometimes a get-up attack goes through lol
Though it's still a nice option to cover your foe's ledge actions

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah I'm back ... ok, i just got internet here ... so technically i'm back ... kind of .... i'm able to write this so ... just ... never mind ... let me just write something ... i missed a lot

and stop these "who is better ness or lucas" ... we don't need hate here ... we are psi-BROTHERS D:

anyway, i like how fsann spaces Ness's usmash and tries to hit with the back-side, not actually just the beginning (front side)... also i have to use Ness's aerial pk-fire more often
it's awesome to see many good ness's, because everyone has a diffrent style ... many hightiers don't have these ... variations ... there are so many ways to play ness ... have to find my own style ... and just pick some variations of other ness's and create my own ness ... stuff ... playstyle whatever
i need more mixups D:
have to play brawl more often
unfortunately this will be in like 2-3 weeks ... WAY TO LONG ahhhhh
BUT i got internet so ... hi everyone I'm back well not that back, but back with internet and ... and Nessier than ever ...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol wut? psi-brothers? Then why do we see them kill each other in that video? :troll:
Also 2-3 weeks until brawl? What happened? I thought you had your setups?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
lol wut? psi-brothers? Then why do we see them kill each other in that video? :troll:
Yeah but Tikao's right - in truth they support each other, they're PSI brothers! :D

That was my status online for a long time and still is. :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
It can't be, because Hat > Hair :p
Oh, you can't possibly say that they are PSI brothers though Lucas' story seems to be sad

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It can't be, because Hat > Hair :p
Oh, you can't possibly say that they are PSI brothers though Lucas' story seems to be sad
But they support each other.

It's like how Links, zeldas and ganons come together as 3 of the bottom (sorry jiggs) of the same franchise to help each other out. :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, they are really special you know... they are in their hyrule tier after all :troll:, ganon is just playing nicely until he unleashes his plan to dominate hyrule :p I always wondered though, are they from same period? Lucas and Ness? Someone said they weren't lol

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Earthbound took place in the 1990's while mother 3 ( lucas's game ) is an unknown time period. Which is estimated to be at LEAST a thousand years after Earthbound.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Still lol, even if it is just an estimation that is kind of huge gap, well I suppose it's like Ike and Marth....

Nido

ily Sebby
I think the closest we can get is hundreds of years ago because (Mother 3 spoilers below)
I think Leder says something about this in M3 at the end of the game about how all the people destroyed their lands and had to go the Nowhere islands on the rainbow ship.

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah, but I'm at the hospital right now :(

also to this lucas and ness time setting stuff ... mother 3 is set in the same world, but in the future ... only nowhere islands is a place, where people and animals and ... everything, which is not that fishy or something water-living-kind-of-animal-stuff is able to survive

but even a year later (or something like that) could be the future, so the time gap between mother2 and mother3 could be short enough for ness to exist somewhere there.
there exists a theory of this
http://cromulent.fobby.net/forum/?t=msg&th=31152 ( if you don't wanna read everything, just read "A closer examination of the sprites in question", because this is a lot)
only read this if you played THE ENTIRE GAME, contains huge spoilers about the game

just to summon something up ( for those who never played mother3 ... by the way ... do that NOW)

"outside is the modest vendor"

"he greets you enthusiastically, asking if you’re interested in buying any souvenirs or snacks, and thanks you nicely whether you buy anything or not"

"At this point he has a full inventory [Handy Yo-Yo, Souvenir Hoodie, Taurus Bracelet, Pork Chips, Pork Noodles, Fresh Mint, Secret Herb], with the green Handy Yo-Yo standing out in particular - it's the first such weapon available in the game, more practical less toy-like means of offense having been exclusively utilized up to this point, and is usable by all human characters like in EarthBound"

(later in the game) "with the relocated vendor being the only completely new addition to the town. He's set up shop at the Oouroko Beach"
"this time only selling three items: Aloha Shirts, Lobster Newberg, and the comparatively out-of-place Giant Abalone Steaks. For those that have since forgotten, 'Steak' was the default favorite food of Ness in EarthBound"

there are more points in the game, which could explain that, but they would contain spoilers like i said

and also, the sprites http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0009/0651/M3NessSpritesX4_large.png so the vendor even looks similar to Ness
it's just a theory, but it could be Ness so ...

Top Bottom