• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I swear... Those matches, or the last two, were terrible. Srsly... All of the stuff going on was super predictable. Who couldn't see all the stuff m2k was going to do from a mile away?!?!

The last game was okay. Brood plays Hella good. I'm not going by the hype, he's just a good player.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I guess... I don't really care though.

<Finally got this picture up instead of cactuar. I was being an idiot and didn't go click "use custom image" ... :lick:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
good job at getting 49th (?) delta!

I don't remember. someone posted the results somewhere on AiB.

Did you use ness?!?!?!?!?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
BROOD kept his cool, that's the most important thing. That ledgehop into buffered grab was amazing near the end of game 5, got him out of a nasty situation.

I also loved his down and away SDI > whistle to get out of tornado and punishing tornado with usmash.

Kole

Smash Lord
i'm happy brood did well...but happier that socal took 1st :)

and i've been hearing that brood is the 2nd best Olimar in Japan too

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm happy that the WC placed where it did lol.

Because I was hearing mad trash talk on the WC and no1 in the EC placed top 3 lol

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for Larry though. Brood's taking all the spotlight for beating M2K. In some ways the loser final was more like the Grand Finals. I think Larry beat M2K in winners though if I remember correctly, but don't hold me to it.

Kole

Smash Lord
he did beat M2K is winners semis (?) and beat Gnes, Sweetpea, and Atomsk as well

he beat brood twice and didn't lose a set the whole bracket :)

/fanboy

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So Monday and Tuesday there was a thunder storm and in both days it flooded my basement. Now there's another storm coming and it may flood again, *sigh* if this keeps up I won't have a basement to host tourneys T.T

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So Monday and Tuesday there was a thunder storm and in both days it flooded my basement. Now there's another storm coming and it may flood again, *sigh* if this keeps up I won't have a basement to host tourneys T.T
Ahhh no way Joker! I didn't know it was THAT bad. I hope everything goes ok, we love doing the tournaments there.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
he did beat M2K is winners semis (?) and beat Gnes, Sweetpea, and Atomsk as well

he beat brood twice and didn't lose a set the whole bracket :)

/fanboy
Yeah, no doubt in my mind that the dude is a beast.

He just wasn't a Japanese Olimar player who defeated M2K after being 3-stocked in under 2 minutes in Game 1.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
so im gonna be eating 5 grams of shrooms and watching the meteor shower tonight

how bout you guys? :]

Meccs

@Meccs_
A meteor shower? I live right next to a hill, maybe I'll go check it out if one of em crashes on top of it. I wanna go on an adventure...

milesg2g

Smash Champion
After watching Apex, the way ***. plays, and tons of B-DACUSing from Falco's, I think it's safe to say that buffered attacks will be somewhere in the near future of smash metagame. Especially coming from characters w/ mad strong smash attacks.

I for 1 can say Ness' Fair buffered to a fsmash in reverse is so sexy. It's the perfect set up for a tipper effect and it has so much momentum in it. You can simply not do it and retreat or even pkf set up.

Now I know you all so my vid on the Fair to buffered Fsmash and I THOUGHT it was a new AT( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eI5cT2Iojw ). But it clearly isn't it's just something I didn't know lol. But this could be really good in future gameplay.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
After watching Apex, the way ***. plays, and tons of B-DACUSing from Falco's, I think it's safe to say that buffered attacks will be somewhere in the near future of smash metagame. Especially coming from characters w/ mad strong smash attacks.

I for 1 can say Ness' Fair buffered to a fsmash in reverse is so sexy. It's the perfect set up for a tipper effect and it has so much momentum in it. You can simply not do it and retreat or even pkf set up.

Now I know you all so my vid on the Fair to buffered Fsmash and I THOUGHT it was a new AT( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eI5cT2Iojw ). But it clearly isn't it's just something I didn't know lol. But this could be really good in future gameplay.
Just do pivot fsmashes. Jab > Jab > dtilt > pivot fsmash or grab. I get so many fsmashes it's ridiculous.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Just do pivot fsmashes. Jab > Jab > dtilt > pivot fsmash or grab. I get so many fsmashes it's ridiculous.

I do tonns of Pivot Fsmashes. To the point where it's compulsive lol. I do it w/ a lot of other characters. Like I pivot out of everything I do. lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Oh, guyz... yesterday i found a funny thing... FH Dair autocanceled on a BF platform. I didn't think it does that... could someone confirm it?

EDIT: it could be FH FF dair....

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
NO, NO, NO!!! that isn't what I'm talking about!!! Think like a SH FF dair (it cancels it's lag instead of giving you the OMG I'M DEAD BECAUSE OF THIS MOVE!!! if you did it right), but instead you FH and land on the platform of BF without lag and you get off the dair in the exact same way as SH FF dair. NOT barto's discovery. I still need to work that in somewhere though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I was the closest larry was to losing a set lol
Speaking of, I have that set recorded. I'll get it uploaded soon after I get over this flu XD.

I also have:
Swordgard vs Inui - brawl loser's bracket
PC Chris & Mofo vs Zen & Guru - melee friendlies
PC Chris vs Zen - melee friendlies
Me vs Suinoko - brawl round 1 pools
Me vs Mister E - brawl round 1 pools
Me vs Trent - brawl round 1 pools
Me vs Teevee - brawl round 1 pools

some other stuff too I think...

Someone has my money match with RAIN but I can't figure out who ><

http://www.youtube.com/user/fatAvariceX#p/a

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I still don't really know who to make my secondary. I've been messing around with Yoshi, Mario, Peach, Captain Falcon & Toon Link but still don't feel particularly comfortable with any of them. Any suggestions?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I think Toon Link would be a fun secondary, I use him in my free time, Yoshi too.

My secondary is Luigi, but you know whatever you seem to like is who you should choose. I'd probably try to pick a character you like that counters some of Ness' harder match-ups.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Join me and Eagle and second Kirby :D

Luigi's pretty awesome, too. He was my main for the first month or so of Brawl and all of Melee. He has a pretty decent (I guess it really all depends if you still have your second jump) recovery now at least.

Top Bottom