• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I've been playing with Ness a lot recently, and I've actually become quite good with him. I hope they add another Mother character though, even if it isn't Porky. The series is just fantastic as a whole.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I've been playing with Ness a lot recently, and I've actually become quite good with him. I hope they add another Mother character though, even if it isn't Porky. The series is just fantastic as a whole.

Admit that his back throw and down aerial are perfect....and his down tilt

Shaky

Smash Ace
I don't think his recovery needs much fixing, if they improve his smash attacks and fix his GR I'll be happy.

Shin F.

Smash Master
There is another possibility that hasn't been mentioned for Ness' recovery. If we don't get Ninten in SSB4 (which I would love, but is unlikely), then Ness could easily borrow his signature move, 4th-D Slip. Unlike PK Teleport, there's no running start, so it would work better as a recovery. He's already borrowed from other characters, and the two are fairly similar anyways.

Then we could have PK Rockin' α as his side special, same effect as PK Fire, and PK Rockin' Ω for his Final Smash. Make PK Flash have random effects like tripping, dizziness, sleep, or massive damage (kinda like a small, one-hit Negative Zone). PK Magnet could be the same, or he could use Power Shield, which would cause him to take half damage but would redirect the other half to the attacker. Or it could just redirect it all, but break more easily. Hypnosis could work as well, but only if it has some fairly good range.

grizby2

Smash Lord
~:colorful:Welcome to the forums:colorful:~
and the ness thread for that matter;)

There is another possibility that hasn't been mentioned for Ness' recovery. If we don't get Ninten in SSB4 (which I would love, but is unlikely), then Ness could easily borrow his signature move, 4th-D Slip. Unlike PK Teleport, there's no running start, so it would work better as a recovery. He's already borrowed from other characters, and the two are fairly similar anyways.

Then we could have PK Rockin' α as his side special, same effect as PK Fire, and PK Rockin' Ω for his Final Smash. Make PK Flash have random effects like tripping, dizziness, sleep, or massive damage (kinda like a small, one-hit Negative Zone). PK Magnet could be the same, or he could use Power Shield, which would cause him to take half damage but would redirect the other half to the attacker. Or it could just redirect it all, but break more easily. Hypnosis could work as well, but only if it has some fairly good range.
oh believe you ME, all of those have been mentioned plenty of times.
usually with mixed opinions.

Shin F.

Smash Master
~:colorful:Welcome to the forums:colorful:~
and the ness thread for that matter;)

oh believe you ME, all of those have been mentioned plenty of times.
usually with mixed opinions.
Thanks!

All of them? Really? Huh. I mean, I saw most of them in the first few and last couple of pages but I must've missed the 4th-D Slip one in those pages from the middle I skipped.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
found this leak in smash reddit... likely fake but thought I'd post it here.

Ness looks awesome in this pic, but it looks kind of like a drawing rather than an official artwork akin to the other Smashers.
It could be true, and I hope it is, but I'm leaning towards no.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The anti-aliasing is poor. The real artwork is better rendered; much smoother outlines with no artifacts; the butt of his bat is especially bad.
Obviously, this isn't conclusive proof the image is faked; it could still be getting cleaned up. But if that were the case, why would it be in situ on a mock-up site?

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
Ness is def one of my favorite characters and I'm not too worried about his inclusion, the leaked image isn't bad....but more than anything the earthbound rep should be more along the lines of:
Something about this style that I find so cool! :D

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
That Ness design is perfect. This is something that I want to be real.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
How does this sound for Ness' recovery:
-Ness doesnt go into freefall unless he does PKT2.
-The tail of PK Thunder continuously grows until Ness does PKT2 or PK Thunder expires(but hitting something or ending)
-When ending PKT2 on the ground, Ness has the same cooldown lag as Sheik does when landing out of Vanish

I do like the idea of a longer PKT tail. Maybe not even "grow over time" but just have it consistently long. The Brawl tail was really nice IMO.

I hated the landing lag on pkt2. OH GOD! in brawl, if you're using PKT at all on Frigate as the stage changes, you're close to dead; hitting something with PKT causes you to free-fall, and the spinning of the stage hates ness every time; using pkt2 you take too long to end your landing lag, so if the stage is changing, you go back into falling state rather than land.

One thing I liked about Melee with Ness' PKT is that starting it up doesn't cancel horizontal momentum. If they put that in ssb4, it'd be pretty sweet; you could do awesome slides across stage while sending PKT around to hit people... SO FUN!

Last but not least, I WANT MORE INCENTIVE TO USE PSI-MAGNET! (see pic on left)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
In Brawl you can keep your momentum using PKT if you run off the stage and immediately upB.....also work when running off platforms.

Yeah its easier though in Melee where you can get momentum just by double jumping.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I actually kind of like how PKT ends when it hits something so I'm still not suffering from the lag, though I would like it if Ness didn't start free falling if he fails to hit himself with it. :p

Also please reduce lag on PK Fire and have it trap an opponent better; I felt it was too easy to double jump out of in Brawl.

Reliable Smashes would be nice as well.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I don't know if this has already been said or not, but I think it would be awesome if when Ness hit someone with a fully charged smash attack, you would hear the "SMAAAASH!!" (or critical hit) sound effect from Earthbound - maybe even with the colourful flashing text displayed above where the hit connected!:love:

grizby2

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has already been said or not, but I think it would be awesome if when Ness hit someone with a fully charged smash attack, you would hear the "SMAAAASH!!" (or critical hit) sound effect from Earthbound - maybe even with the colourful flashing text displayed above where the hit connected!:love:
its been said many a-times~
!trivia!
did you know that ness and lucas have special charge-up sounds for their smashes?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Every version of Brawl's PK Thunder makes me sad. Its a standard projectile......people can just attack it and destroy it.

I would much rather have PK Thunder as a Laser like it is in Melee.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
I really hope they either buff or change his PK Flash. Maybe change his B to PK Rockin'! I could dig it.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I always thought a good way to improve Ness' recovery was that you didn't have to worry about aiming the PK Thunder at the right angle. If Ness is off the stage all you have to do is hit yourself with PK Thunder (from any direction) and Ness will automatically blast homing to the ledge. That would keep his recovery unique but make it a lot easier to pull off.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just prefer PK Teleport. But in general I just want a Ness that's more true to his EarthBound-self.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, Ness has enough Guts in Smash not to feel like that. If nothing else, just make him battle on Onett all the time. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'd like more attacks featuring his bat and yo-yo to.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
He has enough 'guts' thanks to the Gutsy Bat.
Which reminds me. Bionic Kraken grind. Never again.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
And I know it. I love the game. I'll never forget the day Mr. T gave me his sock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom