• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Question and Answer Thread, Ask Ness questions Here!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Dash shield F smash landing lag for any dolphin slashes... PK flash can possibly work along with pkt2...

Masky

Smash Master
Anyone else love how Ness' bair can put him behind people's shields?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Which one, the sweetspot or the sourspot, because only the latter does that to me. :confused: Now that you mention it, I might want to incorporate that into my game.

Masky

Smash Master
I dunno exactly how it works but it's easy to do. It's one of Ness's best approaches, bair and go behind their shield then double jump and nair immediately.

Uffe

Smash Hero
are those pk techniques worth learning?
If you're asking about things like Firebound or the reversed edge guarding, then yes, in a way they are. But you don't have to learn them just to be good. You can actually forget about the whole B-sticking method and still play as good of a Ness. Of course PK Jump is probably one worth learning.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
how come like when you do a up smash charge like when your yo yo is hanging out how come when some one runs into it it like gets hit back so its not extended all the way, i think it like shortins your distance that you can attack foward wise and is it considered an item? could another ness liek bat it away?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The yo-yo just has those physics, though it shouldnt bother you since releasing it causes the yo-yo to extend back out again.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
thansk it doenst really bother me but you know its just one of thoughs things that you see and jsut wonder why :p

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
What was the verdict when it came to EIDI and B-sticking? Is it really difficult to do or is it flatout impossible? I ask cause I'm too lazy to flip back a few pages to find the thread.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
uhh

you guys know how ness like has a long range like when he goes to grab a ledge he will grab it when hes like a head away from the edge

does this mean he has like a disjointed hitbox? where like his actaual game frame is larger then what it looks like?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
@silver0p: Um I don't think that's a disjointed hit box, I believe it's just a feature in Brawl, where you automatically "snap" on to the ledge. I'm pretty sure every character can do it... except Wolf after his up+B... he's a tricky one

@CometStar: Sorry bro I can't remember... I'm sure Ref knows though

EDIT: I found your answer CometStar
EIDI does seem to work with B sticking, only problem is it seems harder....

Oh and sorry guys I went to the smash fest and I'm pretty sure nobody had recording equipment.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Silver, that's called a sweetspot range. Ness and Lucario have some of the largest ones while Wolf sits near the smallest one.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness had the largest grab the ledge range in melee (followed by Sheik after her up-b and GaW). In 64 it was incredibly small though.

Asa

Smash Hero
when you are momentum canceling, do different aerials help in different situations (like, for example, if you are hit upwards, will a d-air help more than other aerials)? Or do we just use fair/nair?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
when you are momentum canceling, do different aerials help in different situations (like, for example, if you are hit upwards, will a d-air help more than other aerials)? Or do we just use fair/nair?
Nair is the best when canceling momentum. If being sent vertical, fast fall your nair

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It doesn't really matter for the vertical ones since you can fastfall anytime during the move itself. In other words, any aerial will do.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Does Ness have any match ups that are better for him then Lucas?
Or are all their match ups the same... -.-

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.
No we don't have one. This might not be a bad idea...

@FireKirby: Check the matchup thread for both boards and compare.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
No we don't have one. This might not be a bad idea...

@FireKirby: Check the matchup thread for both boards and compare.
asdfljgvadk I was hoping for a quick answer. :urg:
The matchup threads aren't 100% complete yet. But I'll see if I find something.....

Gaussis

Smash Ace
asdfljgvadk I was hoping for a quick answer. :urg:
The matchup threads aren't 100% complete yet. But I'll see if I find something.....
I'm wasn't very sure on Lucas's matchups. Ness seems to fare better against the better characters in the game, even if slightly.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Just a few random questions.

Does Ness' 2nd jab have range behind him, like in Melee?

Is the tip of Ness' head invincible during Utilt?

How far does the range of Ness' bat go behind him?

And, how large is the range of Ness' standing and pivot grabs, vertically?

I just wanted to ask, since I thought it might help my game if I knew a few of these. xD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Just a few random questions.

Does Ness' 2nd jab have range behind him, like in Melee?
It's smaller and useless.

Is the tip of Ness' head invincible during Utilt?
No way to know.

How far does the range of Ness' bat go behind him?
Test it out for yourself. You can't tell people how much range a move has without actually seeing it yourself. It's pretty small though.

And, how large is the range of Ness' standing and pivot grabs, vertically?
Ness doesn't really have a good grab vertical range wise. He's pretty short.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Actually, the pivot grab might be good vertically. It's definitely better than his standing and dash grab.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ness boards have a ton of stickies already, and one of them is a topic with links to all the good ones.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Bump

I recently started using Ness...practicing with him.
I used to use Lucas a bit, and I have the Zap Jump in my muscle memory. I do the exact same thing with Ness, but I don't PK Jump. How different is the timing? I can never seem to do it...

_clinton

Smash Master
Bump
I recently started using Ness...practicing with him.
I used to use Lucas a bit, and I have the Zap Jump in my muscle memory. I do the exact same thing with Ness, but I don't PK Jump. How different is the timing? I can never seem to do it...
The timing is the same actually...do keep in mind that PK Jump doesn't go as high as Zap jump...its more of an offense tool...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
the double jump PK Fire thing, and the reverseish version...is it actually useful?

How do you use DSH aerials, Ref?

Top Bottom