• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Power Rankings ~Looking for management~

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Canada's Nesses as far as I know are:

Me
Loo (retired I think)
TheDUD

And I don't really know any others, but I only really know Ontario; I just knew about Loo because I talk to him on AiB and he plays Castlevania: Judgment.

I've taken Ally to his last stock before because of a dair gimp (then again I also SD'ed my second stock) but that's as close as I've come. I'm going to FFYF2 in March and if all goes as planned Ally is going to be housing me so I'll have plenty of opportunity to play him and improve XD.
Awesome. You sound amazing (if ally wasn't sandbagging lol).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Awesome. You sound amazing (if ally wasn't sandbagging lol).
Ally claims that he never sandbags.... but when he got 2-stocked by Lain, and then came back and 2-stocked him twice...

Then he did the same thing against Anther, except he 2-stocked Anther 3 times and one of those was with Captain Falcon...

=/

For some reason I dislike people telling me "you're awesome" because it reminds me that for how supposedly awesome I may be, I've never made it out of pools in a tourney -_-. Then again competition around here is crazy tight. Only Ally is really significantly above everyone else. I mean KingAce, Ambrose and JL are clearly better than the rest, but everyone is pretty close to them.

Either way...thanks for the compliment I guess lol.

edit: I should have mentioned you can actually view the match I took Ally down to 1 stock in...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J99t6P1nxaA

Don't bother telling me I need to PK-Fire less! I already know that XD, I've watched my videos against Ally way too many times...

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this should be split into region, otherwise this thread carries no weight at all. There's only like 10 Ness mains as it is spread across the whole country, do you want to just make everyone feel like they are the best in their region? Cause they probably are wherever the heck they live because there's so few Ness mains lol. You don't need a thread to tell them that. I think this thread should stay national on who's the top Ness, nobody cares who's the best in the Boise Idaho region etc...

The debate and competition are what is gonna make this thread interesting and valid (and push people to become better/attend more tournaments), if you only have to beat out one other person (or nobody else, in a lot of cases I bet) to say your the best in your region that doesn't seem to count 4 much.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I agree with ViceGrip actually. I just think you could include other countries to an extent as well without splitting it. Canada has plenty of notable players (KingAce, Ambrose, Ally to name a few) that you should be able to get an idea of the level of competition... a lot of us travel to US tourneys too since they're close anyway. I mean, right now I'd probably be near the bottom of the list anyway, but I'm just saying there should be enough reference points to go by.

Masky

Smash Master
TRUE Ness Power Rankings:

1. Masky
2. Ref?????

lol don't flame me ):

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't think this should be split into region, otherwise this thread carries no weight at all. There's only like 10 Ness mains as it is spread across the whole country, do you want to just make everyone feel like they are the best in their region? Cause they probably are wherever the heck they live because there's so few Ness mains lol. You don't need a thread to tell them that. I think this thread should stay national on who's the top Ness, nobody cares who's the best in the Boise Idaho region etc...
Let me set the record straight, I don't care if I hurt somebody's feelings if they're not ranked first. I don't really care about that. Second, the regions are not going to be that small lol. I already listed them.

I agree with ViceGrip actually. I just think you could include other countries to an extent as well without splitting it. Canada has plenty of notable players (KingAce, Ambrose, Ally to name a few) that you should be able to get an idea of the level of competition... a lot of us travel to US tourneys too since they're close anyway. I mean, right now I'd probably be near the bottom of the list anyway, but I'm just saying there should be enough reference points to go by.
I know Canada has a lot of notable players. I've been to Vancouver before and smashed up there.

TRUE Ness Power Rankings:

1. Masky
2. Ref?????

lol don't flame me ):
Douchebag. lol XP.

The debate and competition are what is gonna make this thread interesting and valid (and push people to become better/attend more tournaments), if you only have to beat out one other person (or nobody else, in a lot of cases I bet) to say your the best in your region that doesn't seem to count 4 much.

I'm really glad this is starting some fierce debate. The only problem I have is evidence. The only thing we can say are notable people we beat and tournament placings. I feel that tournament placings are not exactly factorable. Let's say you have somebody like me and you end up facing Chu first round, then Azen later in losers (the vice versa actually happened to me). While I wasn't necessarily ***** by them, clearly these players were able to beat me. I end up getting a place like 20 something when I should've gotten 15th. Let's compare this to say... Timotee's (no offense if you read this) tournament win. Timotee lives in the Midwest, which isn't known for producing high level players. So we basically have to come to an agreement on whose region is better and what placing in a certain tournament affects what. Timotee may even be hindered by this if, for instance, he has enough skill to win the tournament I got 15th at. This is why for this thread I didn't ask only for tournament results, but also who they played against (and how well they did against notable players).

This leads us to another problem. Basing skill off of how a Ness main does vs. good smashers and how well those smashers do against other good smashers which another Ness main fights frequently. This (in the east coast at least) is called inuilogic. This doesn't really work out that well. It fails to take in account characters, playstyle, and even other conditions that could affect the outcome of a match.

*****Hypothetical Situation Alert******

Let's say AvariceX gets jv 2 stocked by ally. Let's say I do the same against Azen. In a tournament set, Ally gets beaten by Azen. Does this mean that I am better than AvariceX? Not necessarily. I'd prefer to wait until we can actually compare how we ourselves perform instead of others (i.e. we can compare how I do vs. Ally to how AvariceX does vs. Ally).

I want to break it down into regions UNTIL there's a large international tournament (there will be a major one in MD in march which I will attend, if anybody can afford to ride a train to Baltimore, you can be housed where I am being housed and we can settle who's better in person lol). That way I can play the major smashers you guys have to deal with and we have everything solved (I think).

This post will seem pretty messed up as I'm on major meds right now. I hope you guys are getting what I'm saying. If not I'll argue why I think I should be where I am.

I have three years of tournament experience.
I think I give good advice.
I am able to beat players that place higher than me in tournaments.
I write long winded posts.
I live in a good area.
I go even with Azen's DDD (I would've taken him to the third set if I didn't cp Delfino cuz I didn't know he played DDD). I did get two stocked by his Lucario though (it plays mad differently from other Lucarios which totally threw me off).
Despite the fact I barely ever practice the game (I only recently started playing outside of tournaments again), I still do these things.
I'm starting to get much more active in the community.

D

Deleted member

I got DSF to last hit 3rd game in tournament match, can i be on the power rankings now?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Kan we deside dat da best Noses are da 1s who actuallllllly playz Nose in tourney?

Can we decide that the best Ness's are the ones who actually play Ness in tournaments?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Kan we deside dat da best Noses are da 1s who actuallllllly playz Nose in tourney?

Can we decide that the best Ness's are the ones who actually play Ness in tournaments?
That already was established Ref.

D

Deleted member

Why would you play ness in tournaments?

Silly people, the only person who can do that is vice grip. Skylers snake is better.

Protein

Smash Apprentice

I have three years of tournament experience.

I think I give good advice.
I am able to beat players that place higher than me in tournaments.
I write long winded posts.
I live in a good area.

I go even with Azen's DDD (I would've taken him to the third set if I didn't cp Delfino cuz I didn't know he played DDD). I did get two stocked by his Lucario though (it plays mad differently from other Lucarios which totally threw me off).

Despite the fact I barely ever practice the game (I only recently started playing outside of tournaments again), I still do these things.
I'm starting to get much more active in the community.
oh, some of that applies to me! I must be awesome!

(I'm really not)

so my ness is horribad. I'm not sure how it would be possible to practice this game, short of drilling serious matches with people better than you. I sort of play other games to practice for this game.

but yeah, if we could find a way to play eachother, that would be super cool.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
I'm going to start going to irl tourneys even though my ness sux balls. Hehe good to see that all the other ness mainers are doing so well

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
April hmm?

I MIGHT actually be able to make it if my parents forget about my average grades before then.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Whats a pr?

And r u going there? Who else is? I need someone I know online to help me cuz this'll be a first.

D

Deleted member

K its sunday, now put me on the list. If im not on it im quitting ness and maining yoshi >:l :laugh:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218000

Srsly, people (REF, EB360) should come to this.
****, Pasadena.

I'm going to a tourney in Missisauga and, possibly, Montreal around that time period.

That should get me on that power rankings list. That should get me on there hardcore.

... actually, I'm wondering... how would you even compare my standing to that of others? If the people I beat are insular from the U.S. people, how do you judge whatever place I finish, even if I finished 'high'?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
... actually, I'm wondering... how would you even compare my standing to that of others? If the people I beat are insular from the U.S. people, how do you judge whatever place I finish, even if I finished 'high'?
That was my whole point lol.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, I placed 5th out of 34 in the last LOL Monthlies in November, using only Ness, with Mario twice.
I'll be going to the same tourney on Feb. 6th, but sadly, no links. :(
I can post the results afterwards. But these aren't very big, they're local, maybe a 20 mile radius.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Finally. The maryland tourneys are starting to pick up. I hope to see a few of you at them :3

Who are the maryland Ness mainers anyway?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well, I placed 5th out of 34 in the last LOL Monthlies in November, using only Ness, with Mario twice.
I'll be going to the same tourney on Feb. 6th, but sadly, no links. :(
I can post the results afterwards. But these aren't very big, they're local, maybe a 20 mile radius.
Did anybody notable attend?

Finally. The maryland tourneys are starting to pick up. I hope to see a few of you at them :3
Great! Try to make the Pasadena one in March. I'll definitely be at that one. You can also try to make it to Chu's biweeklies.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Chu's Biweeklys? I haven't heard of those before, any links to a past thread of one of his past tourneys?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Quick question,

Many of you probably are wondering why I'd rank Vicegrip above Neomagic, even though Neomagic places first at tournaments? This is due to the area people live in. For instance Timotee and Neomagic play in the same area (midwest). Neomagic places more frequently than Tim. Neomagic is ahead. Even though Neomagic places higher than Vice, Vice deals with a harder crowd. The same is true for me and Ref being above the others (if you feel like you can beat Azen and G-reg, feel free to say that lol).

If this is the case, then why do I not make it onto the power rankings at all? I win tournaments and I'm willing to admit they probably aren't up to the level some of you face. Surely I should be making it onto these rankings somewhere?

Even if I don't play in the US, it feels a bit degrading for us outside the states, like we're not worthy at all. =/

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Quick question,

If this is the case, then why do I not make it onto the power rankings at all? I win tournaments and I'm willing to admit they probably aren't up to the level some of you face. Surely I should be making it onto these rankings somewhere?

Even if I don't play in the US, it's a bit degrading to say people outside the states aren't worthy at all. =/
Give him an honorable mention... Vids or it didnt happen!!

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
I'm taking a break from tournaments since my grades suck atm. And I really don't have that much credentials other than my 4th place singles and 3rd place doubles in the biggest tournament in Minnesota (which included Iowa's bests).

Here is my favorite video captured from the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7G5MpjrCUo

Some of my singles videos were captured but aren't uploaded yet.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the full results yet cause it's not uploaded so i'll post more information when it comes in (and post a link). But at SCSA yesterday (a big tournament run by dsf) I got first in my pools and beat out Sean from Northern California 2-1. He's the 3rd ranked player on the power rankings in Nor Cal and plays meta knight ( I won the first seed in pool and he got 2nd). I also went 1-2 vs Nanners (the 4th ranked player from nor cal) in a friendly set we had. In doubles my partner and I got 7th out of i'm not sure how many teams yet but it was a lot and we had to beat a lot of pretty decent players to get to that spot. We were on livestream too if anyone saw which i doubt lol. Also in singles I made it into the Amateur bracket, and then i made it into the pro bracket (There's only 32 players in pro bracket in total and it only had room for 16 more to enter it because 16 players from the last SCSA were already guaranteed spots) which was hard to do. I got knocked out in the pro bracket right away though. I went 0-2 vs BardulL (a very great Marth main and both games he was in death range on 3rd stock, very close matches) and then 0-2 vs Teba (the best d3 main in So cal). So yea, just an update, I represented Ness pretty well and got pretty darn far and I'll post the link and number of attendees when it gets uploaded.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I went 1-2 vs Nannerz in pools before.

That really sucks you had to play Bardull so fast. I mean hes Marth and even if you say you dont have much trouble with Marths...I mean hes freaking Bardull!! xD

great stuf Vice. im going to weeklys this sunday probably and ill try to get some videos up so you guys can tell what my skill is. At my weeklys are some of the VERY best in socal, so yeah.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I have attended two tournaments, one of which I was 5th/16
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210551&highlight=Maine

And last weekend I attended a tourney where I placed 5th/21

I am a fairly competent ness and have videos coming up shortly that you can look at and evaluate. I actually think im pretty good relative to Ness's out there, and ill let you guys judge.
I cannot deal with snake but I took out a few Metaknights at the last tournament.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't recall seeing anyone there from SWF.
I'll have to get names next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom