• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Fantastic. One of the strongest, coolest, original 'badass' Pokemon cut, and a lame "omg the kids will love me" wannabe makes it in.

Nice job, Sakurai.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Here's food for thought: what if Ness returns with Mewtwo's old moveset, but Earthboundified?

Up B=PSI teleport
>B = weaker version of PSI Rockin
B = altered version of PSI brainshock
vB = PSI paralysis/hypnosis

all Mewtwo's tail moves could be replaced with yo-yo or bat attacks.
You know... if done correctly (minus the B move which would be translated into Lucario's Aura Sphere) it would be quite a brilliant move by Sakurai... Lucario's only B move that can be inherited from Mewtwo would be the neutral B, so I can see some Mother versions of his other B moves being given to Ness. And since his A moves are remaining intact...

Ness and Lucas would be completely distinct characters.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
did nintendo tell u this serebii? and if so did they tell u why? and lastly would u have liked mewtwo to be in?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Also, for those people who are upset that such a badass Pokemon like Mewtwo was taken out in favour of a rookie like Lucario, think of this:

In Melee, Mewtwo was a low tier character. But you know how powerful he's supposed to be?

He can destroy cities just by thinking it.

This is why I feel that in order to truly appreciate Mewtwo's badassery, they will make him into a Boss for Subspace Emissary, where his psychic powers won't be held in check. Expect him to be able to attack you from across the stage for massive damage and stuff like that.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
"Copying" Mewtwo's moveset onto Ness would be the laziest decision in the history of Smash.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
It would still fit Ness though, in fact it would fit Ness better than Ness's old moveset. Rockin', Flash, Paralysis, all moves Ness actually had at least.

Chepe

Smash Lord
"Copying" Mewtwo's moveset onto Ness would be the laziest decision in the history of Smash.
Correction: his B-moveset. All of Ness' A moves will remain the same or very similar, trust. But letting Mewtwo's B moves live on in other characters would be a stroke of genius that matches the last-minute decision to throw in Ganondorf as a Falcon clone when they were desperate to finish Melee...

rocdar12

Smash Cadet
why are u guys assuming that ness's old move set is gone, I know Lucas has it but....hey clones could return (I sure hope not) I guess we will have to wait until the dojo says something...I predict Ness, Lucario, or Jigglypuff for Wednesday's update...or some part of the week.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
If Ness and Lucas are in as clones, and Mewtwo isn't in, I'll have to question Sakurai's decision making abilities.

Chepe

Smash Lord
We arent assuming, we are just saying it would be pretty brilliant to make Ness and Lucas completely their own...

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
About Jigglypuff having more personality..... MAYBE the anime Jigglypuff. A random Jigglypuff has no personality.
No I was referring to SSB series alone. She has the same amount of personality as any other character there. It's not so hard to figure out. I mean they're freaking supposed to be game pieces not Shakespearian actors. :laugh:

Heh, I knew this info way before hand. Glad to see some are seeing the light.

"JESUS 4 BRAWL!!!" lol

spindash

Smash Ace
Also, for those people who are upset that such a badass Pokemon like Mewtwo was taken out in favour of a rookie like Lucario, think of this:

In Melee, Mewtwo was a low tier character. But you know how powerful he's supposed to be?

He can destroy cities just by thinking it.

This is why I feel that in order to truly appreciate Mewtwo's badassery, they will make him into a Boss for Subspace Emissary, where his psychic powers won't be held in check. Expect him to be able to attack you from across the stage for massive damage and stuff like that.
*grumble*

He'd better be the most impossible boss to fight in existence.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hehe, and like...in Melee, the only B moves that Ness used as part of competitive play were mostly PK thunder and PK fire (occasionally).

If Ness had Mewtwo's teleport and a disable, it'd add to his already wonderful evasive game. I can see that being really useful.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
why do people believe mewtwo is gone. why do people believe that R.O.B. is in the game and ridley is out. WHY IS EVERYONE BELIEVING THESE RUMORS LIKE THEY'RE FACT. Im not saying mewtwo isnt gone im not saying he is in but it looks like logic is no longer present in a good percentage of the community. no one has learned a THING from the ness/up until now incident but one things for sure. for these last two weeks mewtwo is the new ness meaning he has been deconfirmed without any concrete proof

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Jeike, it's because people in general are really really really really really gullible. And some lame prophet said they are gone, and another lame prophet agreed with him, and people don't realize that Mewtwo would be the most secret Pokemon, and thus not necessarily yet unlocked when the Lucario/Jiggs pic was taken.

Essentially, because people are really really gullible.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the one time that people are using logic. Mewtwo is not able to equip the Groudon sticker while every other Pokemon character is. Coupled with what Serebii said, it's safe to assume that Mewtwo will not be returning. Sad, but true.

and people don't realize that Mewtwo would be the most secret Pokemon, and thus not necessarily yet unlocked when the Lucario/Jiggs pic was taken.
They're probably using a game which has everything unlocked automatically, for testing purposes.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Whew a legit leak at last. It makes up for the wasted update we got today for Zelda and Sheik's final smash. It was only a matter of time!

I don't care much for Lucario and Ness to be honest. I haven't played their games. But I'm not against them here either. I don't have an opinion at all. What I am upset about is that some of the leakers' predictions were actually true. Whether they got lucky or actually knew anything, unfortunately this means we're likely stuck with them until the game comes out at the end of this month. That makes me sad. :urg:

And to a few of the people in the early pages upset that Ness is returning because you wanted Claus instead, let's chill. First off, it was a leak, so it's not like there was a hidden message directed at us. Claus still has a chance until we see that he isn't in the actual roster. And 2 are you really surprised? The Mother/Earthbound fandom consists of multiple games and just the game Lucas is in. Smart move on the developer's part to target as many people in that fandom by including Ness as well.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
technincally king dedede is also a villian from the kirby franchise yet he still can be equipped with stickers so ur argument is gone but still there is hope maybe dedede will be a playable villian in some twist but mewtwo and claus wont for other reasons.
Dedede technically wasn't a complete idiot- I mean villain. Learn the Kirby games. The real villain has always been Nightmare. Dedede was just a hungry penguin.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It could very well be the truth though. Mostly when testing a game, testing the characters and such requires you to unlock every character.

EPX2

Smash Ace
"Up until now" was dead from the very moment it was used. I can't even begin to approximate how many times I myself had to debunk that argument, let alone other people. And no, Mewtwo isn't necessarily confirmed to be excluded - there's always the possibility that he's not playable in the SSE. Or that the characters shown on the sticker were part of the starting roster (though I wouldn't say that's too likely).

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Maybe the groundon sticker is limited to non-legenary pokemon. Mewtwo gets normal pokemon stickers.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Mewtwo is not able to equip the Groudon sticker while every other Pokemon character is. Coupled with what Serebii said, it's safe to assume that Mewtwo will not be returning. Sad, but true.

They're probably using a game which has everything unlocked automatically, for testing purposes.
Ill admit the first part is a good argument but
serebii said he could be wrong.... so until the game comes out although he may be right. I believe noone or thing except proof.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Wait, if you click a sticker and it shows the series it is from... and the character...
And we got 3 animal crossing stickers shown to us on the official dojo..
Does this mean that...

AC Character?

=D

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It could very well be the truth though. Mostly when testing a game, testing the characters and such requires you to unlock every character.
You have a point, but Sakurai has shown us shots with only the confirmed roster on it before.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think stickers from a certain series are used for that specific series of characters. For example, lucas sticker for lucas and ness only. But there was a character icon on the AC sticker, AC character?

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I really hope Ness is in it, as he's one of the original characters and should automatically be put in. He's quite a good character as well, I'd rather use him than Lucas.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And it wouldn't be surprising if you could only unlock the really evil bad guys at the very, very end of SSE, and they had to take that screenshot at some point in the game... and if all characters can be unlocked via SSE, it wouldn't make sense to actually spoil the roster in-game by showing even those compatible characters whom you haven't unlocked yet...

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I think stickers from a certain series are used for that specific series of characters. For example, lucas sticker for lucas and ness only. But there was a character icon on the AC sticker, AC character?
It only makes sense, considering how the stickers work.
90% percent of the time it shows a character from the related series.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Yeah, so I really really hope what Serebii is right. And the roster is fake. Serebii is much more trustworthy than all u stupid prophets out there.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
and they had to take that screenshot at some point in the game... and if all characters can be unlocked via SSE, it wouldn't make sense to actually spoil the roster in-game by showing even those compatible characters whom you haven't unlocked yet...
AMAZING point.

Top Bottom