• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This doesn't deconfirm characters. Perhaps you can't put a sticker on say, Bowser, or, Mewtwo, until you get to the part in SSE where they actually appear in the storyline, or perhaps Mewtwo isn't playable in the SSE, but is a villian instead

Darkraid

Smash Champion
UGH how many times. It is indeed PT in the pokemon pic beside pikachu, jigglypuff, lucario, however, there is a second pic that shows ness and lucas.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Safe to assume =/= Probably

Decide what you are arguing before you argue it, please...
Oh don't be so bloody pedantic. You're nit-picking on stupid little things because you know I made a valid point. One which is blindingly obvious if you ask me.

But alright, if you like: I say they ARE using a test game with everything unlocked, so it's SAFE TO ASSUME Mewtwo is out. Happy?

bd43

Smash Cadet
Ness in the second pic looks nothing like PT.

And at the end of the day, even if he did, PT doesn't use PSI attacks.

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
If you go to the wii.com site, and look at the trailer. You won't see those icons, but if you pauze the screen/slide to the part when it happens, you DO see them! (atleast, with me)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
This doesn't deconfirm characters. Perhaps you can't put a sticker on say, Bowser, or, Mewtwo, until you get to the part in SSE where they actually appear in the storyline, or perhaps Mewtwo isn't playable in the SSE, but is a villian instead
This is what I was thinking. This does not deconfirm any character, but confirms three.
For all we know Sakurai could've gone bananas and added Lucas, Ness, Claus AND Flint. You don't know, he has done some crazy things before.

You CAN say Mewtwo isn't in if Sakurai has been confirming it, or if the game has been released.

EDIT: crap. this is splat, but my stupid little brother actually left his account signed in =/

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
hey I just thought about something that might sound kinda stupied but could backup the mewtwo and even the claus argument. not only are they both villains but if everything was unlocked wouldnt there be a bit more stickers in that book if EVERYTHING should be unlocked for testing. meaning everything actually isnt unlocked in the video

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
NOTICE TO PEOPLE SAYING THEY DON'T SEE IT: It won't still be on the Wii site, Nintendo yanked it.

However, I and several others can attest to the fact that it WAS.

Brawl Central uploaded the video with the icons that somebody knowingly ripped to Youtube. It's the real deal, and there's no reason to doubt it.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
And it wouldn't be surprising if you could only unlock the really evil bad guys at the very, very end of SSE, and they had to take that screenshot at some point in the game... and if all characters can be unlocked via SSE, it wouldn't make sense to actually spoil the roster in-game by showing even those compatible characters whom you haven't unlocked yet...
*nods*

It's good to see smart people around here from time to time. :)

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
NOTICE TO PEOPLE SAYING THEY DON'T SEE IT: It won't still be on the Wii site, Nintendo yanked it.

However, I and several others can attest to the fact that it WAS.

Brawl Central uploaded the video with the icons that somebody knowingly ripped to Youtube. It's the real deal, and there's no reason to doubt it.
Actually, I can still see it on the Japanese Wii site. :ohwell:

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Well, while I guess this means I lose Claus, I at least gain my old favorite character. Welcome back Ness! I'm also not incredibly happy about no Mewtwo, but at least I get Lucario, who is one of my favorite 4th Gens, so I guess it's all good.

Fawriel

Smash Master
AMAZING point.
Hasn't it been brought up yet?

Well, I suppose I've calmed down now. Mewtwo may be deconfirmed or not, I don't know.
But those other leaks with Wolf are still just leaks. And they are leaks that don't make sense. Not only are they irrational from an objective point of view, they are irrational given Sakurai's personality.
The guy likes original characters, right?
So why keep Ness when Lucas is still there? I can only assume that Ness gets a completely new moveset that is more true to his character. Either that, or it's actually Ninten.
But why would he add Fox, Falco and Wolf, while keeping out Krystal with her staff? No, no, that seems like the exact opposite of what he wants.

And he seems to keep a bunch of characters mostly because they have original movesets, even if it makes no sense to keep them ( Sheik ), so why would Mewtwo be the one to get the boot...

What I'm trying to say is... even if Sakurai turns out to be an idiot, shouldn't he at least be a consistent idiot?

hey I just thought about something that might sound kinda stupied but could backup the mewtwo and even the claus argument. not only are they both villains but if everything was unlocked wouldnt there be a bit more stickers in that book if EVERYTHING should be unlocked for testing. meaning everything actually isnt unlocked in the video
Good thinking.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
New animations and different effects for the PK moves would work.

I know for a fact Sakurai wasn't just going to blow off Ness.

He must've done SOMETHING to Ness to keep him in.

Deej

Smash Rookie
The trailer with Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff icons could be fake.
The problem with that was the orginal source of it was the Nintendo Official Website. If you cant believe them, who can you believe?

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
The trailer with Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff icons could be fake.
Objection!

How do we question the official website itself?

Plus, a 3 character leak will not make a difference anyways.

All we know is, Mewtwo left and probally got some dessert, and Ness and JP were all like "Oh emm gee! We are unique! Dun tayuk us out pwease!" to Sakurai.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
The problem with that was the orginal source of it was the Nintendo Official Website. If you cant believe them, who can you believe?
How do you know those icons were from the Nintendo Official Website to begin with? Maybe they were added on using photoshop.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
For one thing, I know for a fact Sakurai; even though wanting Lucas from the beginning, would not pull off a complete special moveset steal from Ness and just walk away with no word why.

He must have changed something to Ness. Might as well include Jigglypuff a bit.

People. Stop questioning the official website.

It's done. Get over it.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
its real. if u want to see the original footage go to brawlcentral.com its at about 4:20.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
How do you know thats the original footage?
We have multiple witnesses that saw this video on Wii's official site, We have the word of Brawl Central, and now Joystiq.
The only way this could be fake is:
A: Someone hacked the Wii website (which if they did, why put such a small fake leak)
B: A MASSIVE Conspiracy against you and only you.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Obviously the sticker would apply to all Pokemon in Brawl.

Therefore, the ONLY PLAYABLE POKEMON IN BRAWL ARE: Pikachu, PT, Lucario, Jigglypuff.

Mewtwo is out.
Pichu is out.
Pokemon is sctually losing a number, I doubt it. That alone should have been your nod to Mewtwo returning, let alone his popularity as a pokemon.

It doesn't deconfirm anyone, but it makes me easier to sleep at night knowing my Ness is back.

Now if someone would be so kind as to leak a Marth and Falcon video pleease.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
You know, I find it really funny that I left the forums shortly before this whole leak happened... for SOME reason, I wasn't able to get onto this place for ages so I've been stuck talking about it on 4chan. Man, they have been pretty frantic about all of this.

This leak has really pleased me anyway. Not only because it's an official mistake from Nintendo so it's certain proof, but also because it has Ness in. I've actually been pretty worried about Ness for months mostly because of my girlfriend liking him while I've really liked Lucas. Having both in is fantastic for us though! Also, I think Lucario is a deserving Pokemon indeed, he does have a pretty big fanbase now and he does look pretty cool... and Jiggly is a smash staple, can't dump him! (Much like Ness, actually, but I've just been a pessimist, ok?)

UNKN{OWN}iXi, I think you might be onto something slightly interesting there.... I'm not much of a Claus supporter myself since I've been wanting Ness and Lucas in for all this time, but the that DOES look like Claus's helmet. Or at least the top part of it. Man, it would be insanly awesome if all 3 of them were in. 3 MOTHER reps? I would just die of happiness!

Top Bottom