• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad for a fact that Ness is in and Marth is out.

What the heck happened to Mewtwo though?

Did Sakurai believe that Mewtwo was popular at the time, therefore adding him?

Maybe he believes now Lucario is very popular, especially in Japan, therefore removing Mewtwo (having lost his feel) and adding a new feel. Maybe he also felt as if Lucario's Aura Sphere was the same as Shadow Ball, so that might be why he replaced aswell.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Well technically, the Pokemon Trainer is 3 unique characters. Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard each have their own movesets and individual moves, therefore they are their own character.

Sakurai mentions Sheik and Zamus being their own characters with their own abilities, so why not say the same for PT? Therefore, the Pokemon have gained more than anyone else I think.

Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario. HOPEFULLY Mewtwo is still in, HOPEFULLY!

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Wait HOLD UP! It you're extremely fast at pausing the video and playing it back to back, I caught THIS screen a split second after the one with Ness and Lucas. What is that piece of a character NEXT to Lucas?

I have yet to see anyone mention this.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2329/37890281hi2.jpg
That is actually the back of Ness' hat with the front of Lucas' hair. I was able to get the same effect with Sonic.

It's just a glitch, no Claus unfortunately :(

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Wait HOLD UP! It you're extremely fast at pausing the video and playing it back to back, I caught THIS screen a split second after the one with Ness and Lucas. What is that piece of a character NEXT to Lucas?

I have yet to see anyone mention this.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2329/37890281hi2.jpg

Also, it looks to be like a PERFECT line under the top part of the character's head area, therefore suggesting that this leak was INTENTIONAL. Who knows, but it seems more than likely that they would leak Ness in this manner and partially giving us someone else for us to speculate.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I don't mined Jigglypuff and especially Ness, I just think Lucario is a waste of character and could be replaced with another, better Nintendo character (there's loads).

If they have Lucario, then I'll be very suprised if more popular characters like Captian Falcon or Falco doesn't turn up.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
That is actually the back of Ness' hat with the front of Lucas' hair. I was able to get the same effect with Sonic.

It's just a glitch, no Claus unfortunately :(
Oh yeah you're right. That's weird.............

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Huh, now that I've looked at the alleged "Claus hat" at a more zoomed in level myself, it's pretty clear it IS just some glitchy combination of Lucas and Ness. Oh well, I guess we'll have to find other evidence regarding Claus, if there's any at all... it was interesting while it lasted though! :)

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Huh, now that I've looked at the alleged "Claus hat" at a more zoomed in level myself, it's pretty clear it IS just some glitchy combination of Lucas and Ness. Oh well, I guess we'll have to find other evidence regarding Claus, if there's any at all... it was interesting while it lasted though! :)

haha Yeah. Oh well, 'twas fun :lick:

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
But I'm wondering is..

Why exactaly is there room for 4 character "heads"?
I guess because 4 is the maximum for any franchise's characters?

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser

Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer

Zelda: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Also, if you check n-europe forums, you'll see that Serebii himself admits that he knew Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff were in.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245&page=376
Who cares...
Serebii could predict that a cookie would be the next newcomer and I wouldn't believe it.

Prophets can't compete with official proof.

BTW.

Let me get a close up of the supposed "Claus Claim"
Decide for yourself.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Then how do you explain Earthbound?

Also, one of my friends said this:

Perhaps, the heads dont normally show up on the head screen if you haven't unlocked them?

Thats just an idea.

espio87

Smash Ace
want to hear (or in this case, read) something funny? I ripped the video like 15 minutes ago and the icons didn't appear. so I'm now waiting to watch the video on the website

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
want to hear (or in this case, read) something funny? I ripped the video like 15 minutes ago and the icons didn't appear. so I'm now waiting to watch the video on the website
Don't bother, you're not going to see the icons on the website either. Nintendo has covered up the video again just like it was before the Stickers update, since they are now more than aware they have majorly screwed up... if you want to see these little icons for yourself, see if somewhere like Youtube has an updated video.

espio87

Smash Ace
Don't bother, you're not going to see the icons on the website either. Nintendo has covered up the video again just like it was before the Stickers update, since they are now more than aware they have majorly screwed up... if you want to see these little icons for yourself, see if somewhere like Youtube has an updated video.
in that case we can be sure that it was a "D'oh!" moment from nintendo:grin:
also, i don't think the character that is with ness is lucas, i think it's zelda
EDIT: I though it was zelda, that until I saw it was claus's sticker. D'OH!

RayJT9

Smash Rookie
They removed the part with the icons from the official site. Go to brawlcentral.com to see the version with the icons in it (youtube link.)

--Ray

EDIT: Beaten to it. XD

Dr. Death

Smash Rookie
Well, I watched the video on wii.com and if u pause it at exactly the right time it shows the heads, even more confirming it

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
Man they definitely have people on the boards and whatnot to cover this up so quickly, but at least i got to see the original before that so i can be sure of its truth. :)

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Wow I seriously think that is Claus.
I'm 100% sure it's just a part of Ness' hat and Lucas' hair that got distorted by the video file somehow.

Just copy this picture:

Then place the 'supposed' claus helmet between Ness and Lucas.
Voila, mystery solved.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Also, the whole "stickers on magic characters have been disproven".

There was an arrow showing what sticker you selected.

Claus and Groundon were one of them, and they showed their series characters.

But of course, this does not mean that all sticker's will have representitives.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I think you may actually have something here.

Finally, analyzing every little screen shot has got us somewhere.

Well done.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi and Wario are their own series.

I'm suprised you haven't known that.

Yes but I mean that they don't have four characters, Wario and Yoshi that is. Therefore, unless it doesn't ALWAYS have to have four, then that theory of four is flawed.

:psycho:

CojaxCojax

Smash Rookie
This news has excited me enough to stop lurking and make my first post. :D
Jigglypuff is back, therefore I want to buy it.

Top Bottom