• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
sorry, but i first checked the videos on game trailers and then cheked them in wii page.. and found that the place where that icons were supposed to be is blank...

i can't say if it's because this info is fake or because the video was redone without the icons once the leak was weel known... anyone does remember seeing theicons on the video???

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
While I am glad that Ness and Jiggly may have just been confirmed (and I couldn't care either way about Lucario, but the more the merrier), I don't want to believe it yet, just so that I won't get totally crushed if those little icons turn out to be something else (perhaps a labeling system, for example).

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
sorry, but i first checked the videos on game trailers and then cheked them in wii page.. and found that the place where that icons were supposed to be is blank...

i can't say if it's because this info is fake or because the video was redone without the icons once the leak was weel known... anyone does remember seeing theicons on the video???

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
ROB is from Star Fox or something. Not quite sure.

But another note, this greatly pleases me. And frankly, it's much better than today's Dojo update...

But there are three questions that this chunk of info brings up.

1. Is Lucario replacing Mewtwo, or has Mewtwo just not been unlocked on the game they took the screenshot from?

2. Will there be anymore Earthbound reps?

-and-

3. Will all the Lucas haters FINALLY stop whining?! What changes is Ness's moveset going to recieve to avoid any claims of the two being clones of eachother?

Personally, I'm hoping for Lucario being Mewtwo's replacement. Five Pokemon reps is absurd.

I don't really care about more Earthbound reps, because I've never played the series.

And lastly, they better stop whining I'm guessing it'll be another Luigi type thing. Two of his special moves will be the same, but with modifications ((I'm thinking PSI Magnet and PK Flash/Frost.)), and then the others will be brand new. And then he'll keep the rest of his Melee moveset, because Lucas's regular attacks are supposedly different.

:\

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
My god. There is a second Sonic Character......... I've be going back and for over the video cause I haven't been able to see it yet and I saw like the very top of a second character next to sonic by accident. It wasn't even the who icon just the very top and it was less than a millisecond I just got a glimpse of it but it's there. I believe its between the 21st and 22nd second. But it was so quick i couldn't catch it.

EPX2

Smash Ace
There is no second Sonic character. Also, we don't know if Mewtwo has been replaced - I doubt it, though. Given that Sakurai's bothered to bring Ness back, it really makes no sense for him to remove a unique character like Mewtwo.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
My god. There is a second Sonic Character......... I've be going back and for over the video cause I haven't been able to see it yet and I saw like the very top of a second character next to sonic by accident. It wasn't even the who icon just the very top and it was less than a millisecond I just got a glimpse of it but it's there. I believe its between the 21st and 22nd second. But it was so quick i couldn't catch it.
I'm sorry, that's a video error. There is nothing there.
Kunckles chances have gone to zero.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

>.> there's two pics, one of them is with PT, pika, jiggs, and lucario and the other one when the claus sticker is highlighted showing Lucas and Ness.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
It's very very very weird. If you watch it normally, there is nothing there at all. But if you select the 4:20 manually, you see them all! I also saw something breily next to Sonic's face in one of them. I'm going to try to find it again.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Mewtwo shouldn't be gone. There's honestly too much going for him, not only in SSE story, but he should be mega-buffed in Brawl... you know... because of the horrid piece of trash he was in Melee.

By the way, check this video for the unedited version.

Unedited Version

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman

I am 100% positive that the icons were in the video at one point. I watched that one part like million times last night (on the official Wii website). Nintendo blanked it out once they found out about the leak. So anyone claiming the screenshots are fake is wrong.

Cless

Smash Champion
R.O.B. is a stupid extra peripheral for the NES that greatly helped NES sales in America.

Also, for the person that say the AC character enhances magic and that confirms Ness more, Ness and Lucas use PSI and it clearly says so on Claus' sticker. An AC character could use magic attacks for all we know. Anyone, this might take Claus out of the picture unless they made separate stickers of the same character with the same name for the sticker, or another Claus sticker is called something else (like how the one Sonic sticker we've seen is called Classic Sonic).

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
To ThatInsaneKid:1. Is Lucario replacing Mewtwo, or has Mewtwo just not been unlocked on the game they took the screenshot from?
I believe mewtwo just hasn't been unlocked. Some of the stickers say new meaning they just unlocked or found the sticker so everything in the game isnt unlocked most likely also I think there would be a bit more stickers than that if everything was unlocked.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
"Up Until Now" is my new taunt for online play with Ness. I openly laugh all those who laughed at me for saying he was coming back. and to those who said that Claus was better than Ness...WHAT NOW? (sorry for being cruel, but im excited)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Maybe the AC sticker was meant for zelda or krystal, krystal can use magic u know.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I rewatched the trailer a few times. It's real.

Woot!!

Lucario is in!

Edit: One thing though, It looked like it was listing all pokemon characters, so... Mewtwo deconfirmed? :(

Same goes for the picture with Ness and Lucas. No Claus = Claus deconfirmed? :(

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I would just like to say "I told you so". That is regarding Ness. Lucario kind of makes me sad because Mewtwo is likely gone now.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
"Up Until Now" is my new taunt for online play with Ness. I openly laugh all those who laughed at me for saying he was coming back. and to those who said that Claus was better than Ness...WHAT NOW? (sorry for being cruel, but im excited)
Yeah yay this pretty much confirms clones are back.....but yeah lets all celebrate that we now know the first clones of the game Ness and Lucas.

I guess that's not official though it would be very strange if they changed Ness' moves and gave them to Lucas if Ness was coming back. So I think pretty much confirms clones

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
As I do hope that Mewtwo will return, already said previously, he could be one of those bosses in SSE with the guns, so they cannot be equipped with cause he can't be playable?!

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
Lucario
Ok fine. He's in. I'm pretty sure this deconfirms Mewtwo, which sucks, though Lucario might be an ok character.. At least Mewtwo should be a boss in SSE.
Jiggypuff
Hated this guy in Melee, don't know why hes back. But, whatever. Mabye he'll be better.
Ness
Well, ****. Clones ahoy!

Hey, mabye if I be a consistant whiney baby about Mewtwo like Ness, he'll get in!
:ohwell:

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
To ThatInsaneKid:1. Is Lucario replacing Mewtwo, or has Mewtwo just not been unlocked on the game they took the screenshot from?
I believe mewtwo just hasn't been unlocked. Some of the stickers say new meaning they just unlocked or found the sticker so everything in the game isnt unlocked most likely also I think there would be a bit more stickers than that if everything was unlocked.
That or Mewtwo is not playable in SSE. He could be like Bowser or Wario... not playable because he is a villain.

Top Bottom