• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Mathos, PKMN Trainer is indeed in the first pic along with Lucario, Jiggs, and Pikachu. But if you look at the other picture, with the arrow on the Claus sticker, you will see Lucas and Ness in the bottom right.
Thank you.
you are right but i wish clause was alongside with ness and lucas :(

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Its pokemon trainer. It makes no sense to have a sticker that affects 3 pokemon and ness?!? Nor does it make sense to have ness and lucas with the same game.

Go look at the second pic. Thank you. :ohwell:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Its pokemon trainer. It makes no sense to have a sticker that affects 3 pokemon and ness?!? Nor does it make sense to have ness and lucas with the same game.
And I thought you were one of the smarter people at this forum.

Oh well. At least you still have your skill.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
OMG THERE ARE LIKE $ THREADS WITH THIS SAME THING!

People... LOOK FOR A THREAD BEFORE YOU MAKE SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE!!!
You realize this thread is 41 pages right? This means that it's the main thread and that you should be yelling in the other ones.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You realize this thread is 41 pages right? This means that it's the main thread and that you should be yelling in the other ones.
yeah Ive been yelling in every thread that has this kind of title and Nope i didnt see it had 40 pages cause I posted that a while ago and left. Back then the thread was only like 4 pages. Guess I got major lag issues.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There's two stickers being discussed. When the groudon sticker is selected it shows PT, Pika, Jiggs and Lucario. When the Claus sticker is highlighted, it shows Ness and Lucas. The red hatted head with the groudon sticker looks different than the red hatted head with the Claus sticker. The only other character it could be is Ninten, which is not likely at all.

And Link and y.link don't make sense to be in the same game but w/e.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
The only chance that Ness is out right now is if the character icons at the bottom don't represent playable characters. It's slim, but I'd like a direct translation of the Japanese text next to the icons, just to be sure.

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
The only chance that Ness is out right now is if the character icons at the bottom don't represent playable characters. It's slim, but I'd like a direct translation of the Japanese text next to the icons, just to be sure.
I am just gonna quote kamekasu.

The katakana is far from illegible, haha. It says "Shiiru" or Seal, the Japanese term for Stickers in Brawl. I can't really make out the kanji, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was 混用 or こんよう. It seems the most logical choice as the furigana LOOKS kinda like konyou... Eh, it's a longshot at best. But I'm pretty konyou means combine. So a "combination sticker?" But it says that for the other stickers too.

Anyways... I found a link to the original video, and I think it should be added to to the original post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo
If you look more closely at the very first kanji, it seem to resemble (せん) more then .

Wow, first post.
専用

GENIUS. If it is indeed Sen, then this confirms Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness, while deconfirming other characters from those franchises. The phrase "せんよう" is used to denote exclusivity or dedication. For example, せんようしゃis the term used to describe a private car. This means that those stickers are restricted to only those characters. It's doubtful they'd exclude characters that have yet to be unlocked if they're aiming to show exclusivity.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
mmm, I still doubt Ness is in, honestly. There is a lot of proof saying otherwis and I realize this but I just don't see a need for him. I think things will get cleared up in the next week or so one way or another.

Cless

Smash Champion
mmm, I still doubt Ness is in, honestly. There is a lot of proof saying otherwis and I realize this but I just don't see a need for him. I think things will get cleared up in the next week or so one way or another.
I think you need to get your eyes checked or take off the goggles. Either one.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
GENIUS. If it is indeed Sen, then this confirms Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness, while deconfirming other characters from those franchises. The phrase "せんよう" is used to denote exclusivity or dedication. For example, せんようしゃis the term used to describe a private car. This means that those stickers are restricted to only those characters. It's doubtful they'd exclude characters that have yet to be unlocked if they're aiming to show exclusivity.
But since the stickers only apply to Subspace Emissary, it is possible that none of the villains (Mewtwo would be one of them) are shown in the "exclusive" list of characters the sticker works for, because said characters can't be played as in Subspace Emissary anyway.

The best way to confirm this would be to see a Mario-based sticker selected, and see if Bowser is shown. Could do the same for a Zelda-based sticker, or a Kirby-based sticker(though kirby would be iffy since Dedede has been both a villain and a hero)

Cless

Smash Champion
You really think that they're not going to let you play the other side in the SSE? Either that, or everyone's going to end up on the same side by the end.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
I must say that this news has really made my day. When I first found out that my favorite character will be returning for brawl I decided to come back here after so long to spread the news, but I soon learned that somebody beat me too it. Not only SWF's being overloaded, I also had to read though 42 pages of this! Just when things looked grim for Ness then I find out that he'll be returning after all! For me, it's so good to hear! Ness will be a clone, though or at least a simi-clone, which I don't have a problem with.

Jigglypuff. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a vendetta ageinst Jigglypuff! I hate her guts!! :mad: It was inevitable that she'll return and I couldn't deny that.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Say yes to Ness, baby.

Aw man, I really thought they were going to can him too, I'm so flippin' relieved right now.

Top Bottom