• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Oh and of course Mewtwo, Blaziken and any of the other Pokemon are DECOMFIRMED.

EDIT:
Even if you don't agree with Young Link (Or WW Link, Toon Link, w/e you call him) you can surely agree with a 4th LoZ character.
Young Link with Cel-Shaded goodyness plz.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Dedede isn't a villainous character. He is greedy, and he is gluttonous, but not to an evil extent. He has often aided Kirby in games, or simply been misunderstood or possessed. That cannot be said for Meta Knight, who specifically says he is trying to kill Kirby multiple times.

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
The katakana is far from illegible, haha. It says "Shiiru" or Seal, the Japanese term for Stickers in Brawl. I can't really make out the kanji, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was 混用 or こんよう. It seems the most logical choice as the furigana LOOKS kinda like konyou... Eh, it's a longshot at best. But I'm pretty konyou means combine. So a "combination sticker?" But it says that for the other stickers too.

Anyways... I found a link to the original video, and I think it should be added to to the original post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo
If you look more closely at the very first kanji, it seem to resemble (せん) more then .

Wow, first post.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Heh,my roster is now complete. They could release the game with roster as is and i'll be more than satisfied with it. At this point anyone else is just icing on the cake.

bd43

Smash Cadet
Dedede is likely to play a villian either way, so I hardly see your point. My point is that Mewtwo should be there. And he isn't.

S2

Smash Lord
Which pic are you looking at Ink?

The one with the pokemon is PT.

The Ness one is for the Mother sticker, it just has Ness and Lucas.

I kinda looked at the pokemon pic and thought the same thing at first.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo and Claus may very well not be in. They are by no means deconfirmed as many people are saying however. It would be in Dedede's nature to eventually join the good guys. It would be Mewtwo's nature to get caught in Pokeball and never show his face again after you beat him.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
There's one thing bugging me; Ness's head is noticeably larger than Lucas's...

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
It will be in fights as well Beamblast. Notice Lucas's head isn't ginormous in screen shots like Ness's was in Melee. I guess Ness is still a freak of nature.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
If you look more closely at the very first kanji, it seem to resemble (せん) more then .

Wow, first post.
専用

GENIUS. If it is indeed Sen, then this confirms Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness, while deconfirming other characters from those franchises. The phrase "せんよう" is used to denote exclusivity or dedication. For example, せんようしゃis the term used to describe a private car. This means that those stickers are restricted to only those characters. It's doubtful they'd exclude characters that have yet to be unlocked if they're aiming to show exclusivity.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
If Claus is as popular as a kick to the groin, Lucas is as popular as a slightly harder kick to the groin. I remember Sakurai specifically saying Claus was more requested because of his "secret" or something to that effect.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
And I concur with other people who are saying that some of the characters might not have a role in SSE. Consider those characters who are unlocked through modes other than SSE, for instance?

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Claus is the most requested character from MOTHER 3 and was very important to its story. That's all I'll tell you.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know what Earthbound/Mother is. By the way, I found out who Claus is, **** fools wouldn't even tell a simple thing...

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The katakana is far from illegible, haha. It says "Shiiru" or Seal, the Japanese term for Stickers in Brawl. I can't really make out the kanji, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was 混用 or こんよう. It seems the most logical choice as the furigana LOOKS kinda like konyou... Eh, it's a longshot at best. But I'm pretty konyou means combine. So a "combination sticker?" But it says that for the other stickers too.

Anyways... I found a link to the original video, and I think it should be added to to the original post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo

Wow, first post.
専用

GENIUS. If it is indeed Sen, then this confirms Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness, while deconfirming other characters from those franchises. The phrase "せんよう" is used to denote exclusivity or dedication. For example, せんようしゃis the term used to describe a private car. This means that those stickers are restricted to only those characters. It's doubtful they'd exclude characters that have yet to be unlocked if they're aiming to show exclusivity.
Another discovery is going to be lost because of the torrent of pointless posts such as "WHO IS CLAUS?" Do a Google search. Use Wikipedia. Don't clog up the thread.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
That would still only confirm they couldn't use that sticker, which could easily just translate to not being playable in SSE and still being playable elsewhere.

Sash

Smash Apprentice
専用

What if its mentioning exclusive as in "This sticker is exclusive to the following:"?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
That would still only confirm they couldn't use that sticker, which could easily just translate to not being playable in SSE and still being playable elsewhere.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. However, what Netto-kun and I found confirms beyond doubt that it isn't an elaborate hoax, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of researching the specific kanji and trying to fit tiny furigana into a fake screen cap/video.

My believe is the same as yours: Mewtwo is not playable in SSE, therefore you cannot use stickers on him. The claims that Dedede is a villain are true, but people seem to forget that his initial "villainous act" was stealing food, and after that point he was responsible for breaking the Star Rod and stopping Nightmare in "Kirby's Dream Land." And the only reason he was a 'villain' in "Dream Land 3" and "Crystal Shards" is because he was possessed by Dark Matter. So, technically he isn't a "villain" per se, but just a mischievous character whose acts can be construed as villainous.

EDIT: Haha, sorry UNKN{OWN}iXi, I guess I overreacted.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Also, even though stickers can be used on Meta Knight, who is a villain, who says he gave the Halberd to the SSE? I'd fight'em if they stole my ship and were trying to turn me into a trophy.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Wow....this is huge....we FINALLY found a leak. It's really wierd though. I watched the video to the wii website link and during the sticker pages on the bottom was blank. So I paused it to rewind it to the beginning of that part again and low and behold: On the bottom right it showed a sticker with the faces of Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario (!), and jigglypuff. So to anyone who wants to see proof you have to pause it and "slide" the vid to 4:20, you should see it clearly. On the Sonic sticker (if paused) you see Sonic's head. I also saw Ness's head beside Lucas' though I only got to see it once....wierd.

I don't understand how movies work too well but could someone tell me why you can ONLY see it when it's paused and your "sliding" through the vid?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
That's not Ness, it's Poke'mon Trainer

The fact that aside from him only Poke'mon are shown is a bit of a giveaway.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

For you idiots still thinking it's Pokemon trainer.

Anyway, it's safe to assume that Nintendo made such a ****-up because they already had the full roster unlocked before making the vids. Why Mewtwo and Claus aren't on has already been explained by some.

Weegee

Smash Rookie
I saw that the video with the link was posted on Brawlcentral.com.

Finally some prophet/leakers debunking.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Really Serebii? That seems strange to me. Though I guess not if characters like Jigglypuff are playable in SSE, who would most likely be unlocked by beating Classic, isn't important, and doesn't really have a personality of its own.

Top Bottom