• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is out: Come and help those in denial...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It certainly will. The first release date didn't feel that far away though, b/c I knew all I had to do was wait till Christmas, but the delay changed everything.

The one thing that helps me the most is that this is a slow period in the fast food industry, so I get less hours, meaning the time without Smash is a lot more tolerable.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
SHUT UP YOU ARE MAKING ME TOO EXCITED! my doctor says if I get excited I'll hurt people.
LAWLLAWLLAWL FINAL ROSTER IS COMMING UP LULZORZ.

Soon this thread will finally have its answer, can't wait.
It soon will (Which is probably a "Ness won't be playable" But we'll have to see.) I Mean this will solve a LOT Of threads, The PM-JR-Geno situation, Who will be the 2nd MOTHER Represenitive, Etc.

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for the final roster. Then again, it still won't shut up the Ness obsessers. "Even though hes not on the roster, he still have a chance! HE does, he has too!" blah blah blah. He gone, the end. Its more then obvious.
And please, no haters. I have a right to my opinion as well as you have a right to yours.

Master Cat

Smash Rookie
Indeed. I really want this to end. xD
And it has. Tonight. With the Ness supporters gaining the victory.

It is a shame that the "Ness isn't in Brawl" topic ended up being selected as the "support" thread. Oh well. He appears to be in now, and that's all that matters, aside from him getting buffed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And it has. Tonight. With the Ness supporters gaining the victory.

It is a shame that the "Ness isn't in Brawl" topic ended up being selected as the "support" thread. Oh well. He appears to be in now, and that's all that matters, aside from him getting buffed.
HOPEFULLY.

We aren't sure what the icons mean, it seems likely that they refer to playable characters to attach stickers to, but we're not sure, yet.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I got over it too (though the scars will never heal... ;0)

If this somehow turns out to be fake, or a jump to conclusions, I'll only be mourning for Jiggs. Even since Lucas I always had a fear Ness would not be returning... once I see him in game or on the Dojo, I can completely rejoice and breath a sigh of relief, but for me this is just huge hope.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Having Ness come back is... rather pointless... Sure, he was my best character in Melee but him and Lucas basically occupy the same roles in their respective games. What Sakurai has basically done is create a forced clone character instead of giving it to someone more unique like Claus/Masked Man. Bad move, Sakurai, bad move...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Lucas is the "clone" lol, Ness was in Brawl before Lucas. People seem to forget that an awful lot.

Anyway, they would be only B-move clones at best, because in the famous "Up Until Now" update, Sakurai himself said that his A moves are for the most part completely different.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
They LOOK completely different too. Personally I think Sakurai cares about Ness (aww :3) and wants to give him a moveset that actually reflects Ness in Earthbound, and chucked his OLD B moveset onto Lucas ;D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Expect the various trailers we've seen have shown that the differences are so laughably minor that it really doesn't matter. Regardless, Lucas is the Mother character that's available from the get-go so, yes, technically Ness would be the clone character despite Luca's moveset being heavily based on Ness's Melee one. From what people have seen, Ness and Lucas have virtually the same basic stats too so what we are getting is more like Marth-Roy then Mario-Luigi...I hope this doesn't mean that clone characters are going to be clogging the roster again...

Chepe

Smash Lord
If he DOES have a new B moveset, it would be a sign of Sakurai actually caring for NESS more than Lucas lol! I am just glad that he decided to keep the old 64 gang together. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Ness has truely been revamped and given new moves then, yes, I will be happy that he has returned. He was the 5th most requested character to come back in Sakurai's journal so I guess he didn't turn a deaf ear to those fans. (In case you're curious, the Ice Climbers were the most requested followed by Game and Watch, Ganondorf, and Peach, respectively.)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
If Ness has truely been revamped and given new moves then, yes, I will be happy that he has returned. He was the 5th most requested character to come back in Sakurai's journal so I guess he didn't turn a deaf ear to those fans. (In case you're curious, the Ice Climbers were the most requested followed by Game and Watch, Ganondorf, and Peach, respectively.)

I have a pretty good feeling that he'll make him as diverse from Lucas as he possibly can.

Either way, Ness is still in. Friggin' A. ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess a few people owe DeuceBlade an apology. Well, not only DeuceBlade, but... still.

Do I get to face a little less dire wrath from Ness supporters for admitting that he is not completely impossible?

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
OK, I was wrong. My apologies to any Ness supporters that I may have shut down.

(You have no idea how much this pains me, but I feel that being a man means admitting my mistakes :] )

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I guess a few people owe DeuceBlade an apology. Well, not only DeuceBlade, but... still.

Do I get to face a little less dire wrath from Ness supporters for admitting that he is not completely impossible?
As long as you didn't say the following:

"Up until now" deconfirms Ness

Lucas has Ness' moveset so he is deconfirmed

or if you flamed someone for supporting Ness.

Then your good in my book.

Lol at vesperview..

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice

Did you call people "stupid" or "idiots" for pointing out that "Up Until Now" does NOT always mean "Up Until Now and No Longer"? If not, no wrath your way. The people who posted that crap for pages and pages, on the other hand, may as well not show their faces again. (points at vesperview)

Fawriel

Smash Master
As long as you didn't say the following:

"Up until now" deconfirms Ness

Lucas has Ness' moveset so he is deconfirmed

or if you flamed someone for supporting Ness.

Then your good in my book.

Lol at vesperview..
1. Did.

2. Did.

3. Not sure. Don't think so.

Did you call people "stupid" or "idiots" for pointing out that "Up Until Now" does NOT always mean "Up Until Now and No Longer"? If not, no wrath your way. The people who posted that crap for pages and pages, on the other hand, may as well not show their faces again. (points at vesperview)
Search function time!

*searches*

... apparently, the word "stupid" hasn't crossed my proverbial lips in this thread...

....... I said that Sakurai would be an idiot to include both Ness and Lucas. And I stand by that claim.

*protects his face*

finalark

SNORLAX
.... I already said sorry for all of the flaming and Trolling on the Ness support Thread but I think I should do it here to....

Please forgive me.

Ness for Brawl!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm glad to see Ness get into brawl even though so many doubted him.

It just goes to prove that nothing is certain.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
1. Did.

2. Did.

3. Not sure. Don't think so.

Search function time!

*searches*

... apparently, the word "stupid" hasn't crossed my proverbial lips in this thread...

....... I said that Sakurai would be an idiot to include both Ness and Lucas. And I stand by that claim.

*protects his face*
Why would it be bad for Ness and Lucas?

Ness is awesome, and so is lucas.. which is why they will be awesome in the subspace together!

ps: atleast you didn't go around calling people an idiot and saying we were in denial... like vesperview, red darkstar furby, and luke groundwalker

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's just my opinion that Lucas is good enough as a representative of the great Mother series, and should be in the roster alongside Lucas or Flint instead of Ness, who got his time in the limelight in the two previous Smash games... I think anyone who's an actual fan of the series should be able to have overcome that change.
But, oh well.
It's not like I have anything against Ness. It just feels very unnecessary, and would be a slap in the face if the horrible leaks turn out to be true.... but.... that won't happen.

So I guess it's worth it just to see Luke Groundwalker eat his hat.

You have flown too close to the sun, Luke! It was only a matter of time until you fall on the dark path you have taken!! Turn back now, before it's too late!
*dramatic music plays and for some reason massive waves crash against a cliff in the background*

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Ummm, nobody owes DeuceBlade an apology, he was completely illogical about his reasoning and was calling everyone who did not agree with him a troll.

The LOGICAL people who knew that Ness was not deconfirmed deserve an apology from some of the posters here, not the people who were constantly throwing out personal attacks.

Top Bottom