• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is out: Come and help those in denial...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Even though Ness is kind of cool, I say Lucas is a decent replacement.

They should put Ness in as an alternate Costume for Lucas though.
Decent? From the screenshots and videos, Lucas would PWN Ness any day. Because he has his Snake recovery and NO FN Yo-Yo!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'd rather have the Yo-yo out than have the Melee Yo-yo, but I'd sell my brothers for the 64 Yo-yo. Things are looking worse for Ness. It's sad, but I've been preparing myself for this for a long time... at least I have Lucas. With the stick!! :D

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Was hoping he'd have the scepter though. Maybe there's still a little room for the chance that Lucas has a random FS like Peach, but I doubt it. Stick, bat and Scepter would be awesome, but I'm not counting on it.
Remind me...where in Mother 3 did he have a scepter? I've beaten the game, but I don't remember it at all.

BUCKET TWINS FOR BRAWL! :D

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Wario alone is special...

Well, at least this update deconfirms the idea of Ness being an alt costume for Lucas.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
So basically all I have read through these 100+ pages is support for Ness with some nice, well-thought out discussion and research, where as the opposition I have read nothing but spam, word twisting, insults and constant 'you-dont-know -hat-you-are talking-about' type of comments.

The supporters have definitely won the argument.

Ness for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So basically all I have read through these 100+ replies is support for Ness with some nice, well-thought out discussion and research, where as the opposition I have read nothing but spam, word twisting, insults and constant 'you-dont-know -hat-you-are talking-about' type of comments.

The supporters have definitely won the argument.

Ness for Brawl.
Except he won't be in Brawl so it doesn't matter in the first place

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Ok, how can you say something like this...

Except he won't be in Brawl so it doesn't matter in the first place

But then think you can turn around and say something like this...

I think your negativity is stupid

I also think worthless trolls should get a life
Way I see it, you are a hypocrite, and everything you say, as well as many others who I have seen do this exact same thing, can not be taken seriously whatsoever, since you people will just turn around and say something completely contradictory of yourself in another thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Way I see it, you are a hypocrite, and everything you say, as well as many others who I have seen do this exact same thing, can not be taken seriously whatsoever, since you people will just turn around and say something completely contradictory of yourself in another thread.
1) Ness honestly won't be in Brawl...that's truth.

2) Hippofatchin is a troll...Why the hell are you defending a troll?

3) Why did you search for different posts of mine in different threads

vesperview

Smash Hero

He said that in a different thread and Geno and Ness's situation are very different, Ness is practically gone, is very idiotic to say he's got a good chance of returning.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
1) Ness honestly won't be in Brawl...that's truth.

2) Hippofatchin is a troll...Why the hell are you defending a troll?

3) Why did you search for different posts of mine in different threads

Oi, you are ridiculous. Fine I'll play...

1: You make statements like this all the time, you are a troll.

2: Because of the first reason. You are a troll, so don't accuse others when you do the same.

3: I had just read both threads right after another, because I have support for Ness and Geno, so I want see what others have to say about them. While reading both topics, I noticed you made two very contradicting remarks, so I commented on it.

Sorry to burst your ego, I don't go around smashboards searching for everyone's posts just so I can call them out, don't have that kind of time, and it most likely won't be worth it, just thought I would give it a shot, see if you could see the error of your ways and all that jazz.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oi, you are ridiculous. Fine I'll play...

1: You make statements like this all the time, you are a troll.

2: Because of the first reason. You are a troll, so don't accuse others when you do the same.

3: I had just read both threads right after another, because I have support for Ness and Geno, so I want see what others have to say about them. While reading both topics, I noticed you made two very contradicting remarks, so I commented on it.

Sorry to burst your ego, I don't go around smashboards searching for everyone's posts just so I can call them out, don't have that kind of time, and it most likely won't be worth it, just thought I would give it a shot, see if you could see the error of your ways and all that jazz.
I am no troll...I was a major Ness supporter but after much research I have come to the inclusion that Ness won't be in Brawl.

Sakurai didn't even want Ness in Melee...he doesn't really like the character and has wanted to replace him with Lucas since Melee...When Lucas was confirmed, it basically dropped Ness chances significantly...the only thing keeping him alive was his moves. That is dead too

I have never seen you on this site before but there situations are very different.

I wasn't being negative, this is the truth. Ness won't be in Brawl

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
I am no troll...I was a major Ness supporter but after much research I have come to the inclusion that Ness won't be in Brawl.

Sakurai didn't even want Ness in Melee...he doesn't really like the character and has wanted to replace him with Lucas since Melee...When Lucas was confirmed, it basically dropped Ness chances significantly...the only thing keeping him alive was his moves. That is dead too

I have never seen you on this site before but there situations are very different.

I wasn't being negative, this is the truth. Ness won't be in Brawl

I don't post very often unless I feel I can say something significant. I mainly just read. I don't like trolling and try to not troll if I can help, though sometimes I think I may have.

I personally don't believe the situations to be much different however. You can actually find very, very similar situations in pretty much every single support thread. Every one has biased haters on one side and logical reasoning on the other. (MOST of the time)

I only read a few or you posts, but my experience on reading most posts by a single person is that they are like that all the time, kind of like vesperview, every time he pops into a thread you don't even have to read it really, it is the same stuff over and over.. You at least seem more civil, so sorry for jumping on you.

My reasoning for Ness to still be included, on top of everything said for him here, and why I still support him, lies in when Sakurai said he wanted to have around 40 characters. I not only believe there will be 40, but I believe it very possible that they can have up to 45, consindering time to make those characters and to balance them.

If he's not in, I won't be too sad, but a little still, mainly just the thought of losing that kind of a veteran. I don't mind losing Dr. Mario, because it souns/looks like they combined the aspects of Mario/Dr.Mario a little. I don't mind losing Pikachu since Pichu had evolved to take his place. (I know it is a corny idea, but it is still fun to think that.) And I hope Young Link is either WW or MM, don't really care which. (though I personally hope for both.)

Marth/Roy: No comment.

But when it comes to the original 12, I think I will just be sad. I may even cry a little bit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My reasoning for Ness to still be included, on top of everything said for him here, and why I still support him, lies in when Sakurai said he wanted to have around 40 characters. I not only believe there will be 40, but I believe it very possible that they can have up to 45, consindering time to make those characters and to balance them.
Hold it!

Since when did Sakurai ever say that the roster would only have 40 characters? Last I checked, this was never actually said, but rather a rumor and nothing more.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
Hold it!

Since when did Sakurai ever say that the roster would only have 40 characters? Last I checked, this was never actually said, but rather a rumor and nothing more.
He didnt say there would be, he said he wanted. Before the Dojo went to daily updates, and it had that little blog entry or whatever. He said something along the lines of doubling the amount of characters, but I think he would settle for around 40. That;s what I remember it saying, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, since I believe that blog was deleted completely, unless there is someone who saved it somewhere.

E P I C said:
Ness cant be in because Lucas is a beast.. Ness is just a little homo..
And this is the kind of biased trolling I was talking about in just about every single thread.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He didnt say there would be, he said he wanted. Before the Dojo went to daily updates, and it had that little blog entry or whatever. He said something along the lines of doubling the amount of characters, but I think he would settle for around 40. That;s what I remember it saying, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, since I believe that blog was deleted completely, unless there is someone who saved it somewhere.
While the original Dojo was deleted, Samurai Panda translated the journal writings. I don't recall ever seeing anything involving forty characters.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
While the original Dojo was deleted, Samurai Panda translated the journal writings. I don't recall ever seeing anything involving forty characters.
If you can show me a link to them then maybe I can find out what i was talking about. It is highly possible that I was mistaken, and i have always wanted to find them to remember exactly what I read, that is just what I remember. Though I didn't read any journal entries from samurai Panda, I read them straight from the translated Dojo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Until the game's available, every character is unlocked, and Ness is either found or found to be absent, no one knows this.

Amusingly, the stage New Pork City is the ONE place in Mother 3 that Ness and co. appear in the game...

Also, after seeing Wario's 'old school' update, I can see that even if Ness isn't a separate character, he could very easily be an alternate costume for Lucas, even so far as getting a different name graphic. It's not that complicated.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I hope people will realize that whether or not Ness is in brawl... speculating about him is perfectly fine... and if he is not in brawl.. Lucas will fill his shoes well.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For all those throwing "troll" around...

That's just a convienent excuse to ignor your opponent's arguments.

If you cannot make a logical counter-point to what your opponent is saying then either don't post or, better yet, admit that you don't understand the situation well enough to post a counter-point and let others who have a logical option as opposed to resorting to 1960s "red scare" tactics.

Yes, you heard me, it's the same tactics used by McCarthy and many others throughout history, trying to make opponent's argument seem irrelevant not based on the logic, but simply on the perceived alignment of the argument.

This is done by redefining words that evoke strong feelings of ungoodness (there's a reason I use this word, kudos to anyone who recognizes it) to mean anything and everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I have observed here is a good portion of the pro-Ness and anti-Ness crowd attempting to redefine "troll", a word that evokes strong feelings of "ungoodness", to mean essentially anyone who strongly opposes their closely held viewpoints. That's a meaning of troll that is certainly not held by all, but words have power, and by branding their opposition as troll they can safely ignor the opposing argument. It has already occurred in their minds, hence the argument is essentially between two brick walls, neither side evening considering the opposition's points, merely mindlessly chanting, "you are a troll".

Now that you all know what you're doing, stop it. Debate civilly people.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice

If you cannot make a logical counter-point to what your opponent is saying then either don't post or, better yet, admit that you don't understand the situation well enough to post a counter-point and let others who have a logical option as opposed to resorting to 1960s "red scare" tactics.

Yes, you heard me, it's the same tactics used by McCarthy and many others throughout history, trying to make opponent's argument seem irrelevant not based on the logic, but simply on the perceived alignment of the argument.

This is done by redefining words that evoke strong feelings of ungoodness (there's a reason I use this word, kudos to anyone who recognizes it) to mean anything and everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I have observed here is a good portion of the pro-Ness and anti-Ness crowd attempting to redefine "troll", a word that evokes strong feelings of "ungoodness", to mean essentially anyone who strongly opposes their closely held viewpoints. That's a meaning of troll that is certainly not held by all, but words have power, and by branding their opposition as troll they can safely ignor the opposing argument. It has already occurred in their minds, hence the argument is essentially between two brick walls, neither side evening considering the opposition's points, merely mindlessly chanting, "you are a troll".

Ima gonna sig this if you don't mind.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

Actually when someone says something like "Ness is out because Lucas is more important" thats being biased and trolling.. a statement like that with a lack of backup information would start flaming which is what trolls like.

or on the flip side if someone says "Ness will be in because Lucas has ugly jimmy neutron hair and is an original 12" something like this is trolling.

While I admit that people will often say things logical, its when they become very repetitive with what they are saying that they become trollish. For example if I say Ness still has a chance because he has a different moveset then Lucas, then someone replies by saying their moveset is not very different..

while this is true.. I could also point out that Sakurai said they were in the same family of PK users which could insinuate a commonness between them, then someone will go and say "they are to similar Ness= out", they are just repeating themselves and trolling to start flaming.

I understand what you are saying, but there are definitely instances where "troll" should be used.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
ye we no he gun b bak in coz da guy hoo translate teh americeen dojo is liek sum wite guy lulz and wite pplz dun no japznese so yeh he got teh trnslayrtion rong u no wut i sayin lul?

ye we no he gun b bak in coz da guy hoo translate teh americeen dojo is liek sum wite guy lulz and wite pplz dun no japznese so yeh he got teh trnslayrtion rong u no wut i sayin lul?
... fo sho?
Anyhow, trolls will and should be ignored and the humans trying to discuss a good topic will find ways around it. But...
This whole topic isn't worth discussing. I'm saying if Ness is in or not (personally I hope he is in) but we will never know until the game comes out and all is unlocked or until a dojo update confirms/deconfirms Ness. That is really the bottom line.
Any argument can be twisted (a least in this thread) by the opposing side (I made a post about this a while ago but it was overrun). This thread is pointless as of now.

Top Bottom