• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is out: Come and help those in denial...

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think this topic should die, the same thought I got a long time ago.
Personally, I think this thread should stay alive only to be fair. We insulted them and made them look like the lowest in the boards. Now that Ness is most likely in, they got the right to own us.

But just wait in Wi-fi mode. I'm not gonna get owned that easily >:)

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
The only thing left to do now is for someone contact a mod to change the title since grim lizard is banned. This WAS the 1st official Ness discussion topic after all.

Both this topic and Deku Boy's Ness topic can be moved to the eventual Ness subforum once his confirmation is made even more official by a DOJO update or eventual undeniably real Japanese leaked footage or pics.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Every time I see someone using Lucas, I'm gonna play as Ness and WIN for Ness' sake, to show that Ness means business, and to say "screw you!" to all those who thought Lucas would replace him.

GOOD. TIMES.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Every time I see someone using Lucas, I'm gonna play as Ness and WIN for Ness' sake, to show that Ness means business, and to say "screw you!" to all those who thought Lucas would replace him.

GOOD. TIMES.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
What pwnage? Words on the internet from people who THOUGHT they knew something they didn't. People can say they knew this would happen, but it's clearly obvious they didn't.
Perhaps I shouldn’t use such derogatory terms, but the supporters certainly had wishful thinking. I just don't think they should gloat to the people who thought Ness was cut that they were right all along and knew he would return, because they didn't and they are no wiser for it than the others. I myself was among the majority who didn't think he would return although I didn't think it was definite. I always maintained only a slight possibility that perhaps there was indeed a misunderstanding in words. But once again, the fans that 'won' the day only did so with a great amount of luck.
Luck had nothing to do with being right about Ness...
Well, okay, there were some Ness supporters who were got lucky, granted, but not every Ness supporter was a blind zealot.

Remember, we had access to all the same information as those who thought Ness had no chance, we just interpreted it differently.
Some saw that Ness and Lucas had similar moves with slight differences, and assumed that the differences didn't matter and thus Lucas was being groomed as a Ness replacement. Others saw the same thing, but assumed that those differences meant Lucas and going to be similar to Ness in the same way that Mario was similar to Luigi.
Some saw Sakurai mentioning Ness in the Lucas updates and assumed it was a subtle hint that Lucas was a replacement, and thus Ness was out. Others saw the same thing and assumed that Sakurai wouldn't repeatedly reference a character who wasn't there, thus Ness was in.

So don't say that it was all luck, because it wasn't. We had our reasons to believe in Ness, and we stuck by them even when those on the other side of the fence decided to go negative.
Being right is reason to be self-congratulatory; being right in the face of a negative majority is reason to gloat.

§leepy God

Smash Master

GOOD. TIMES.
I was thinking the same. But I would main them both becasue their awesome. Ness is back baby, (well sort of).

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Luck had nothing to do with being right about Ness...
Well, okay, there were some Ness supporters who were got lucky, granted, but not every Ness supporter was a blind zealot.

Remember, we had access to all the same information as those who thought Ness had no chance, we just interpreted it differently.
Some saw that Ness and Lucas had similar moves with slight differences, and assumed that the differences didn't matter and thus Lucas was being groomed as a Ness replacement. Others saw the same thing, but assumed that those differences meant Lucas and going to be similar to Ness in the same way that Mario was similar to Luigi.
Some saw Sakurai mentioning Ness in the Lucas updates and assumed it was a subtle hint that Lucas was a replacement, and thus Ness was out. Others saw the same thing and assumed that Sakurai wouldn't repeatedly reference a character who wasn't there, thus Ness was in.

So don't say that it was all luck, because it wasn't. We had our reasons to believe in Ness, and we stuck by them even when those on the other side of the fence decided to go negative.
Being right is reason to be self-congratulatory; being right in the face of a negative majority is reason to gloat.
thank you. thats exactly how i felt about it and if you like geno or not your getting a geno cookie! (courtasy of my kicka$$ editing skils)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee2/genosall/CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIE.jpg

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman

GOOD. TIMES.
Agreed, but I'm gonna play as anyone and for my sake am gonna hunt down anyone who plays me as Ness OR Lucas...

What can I say? I'm still shocked that Ness made it back in... :urg:

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I honestly laugh at the loard of people who said"lol glad Nesss gone, h3 wus lame." because, waaait... exactly what I was hoping all this time, but even I said a few days before the leak that he had his head handed to him.... which comes to show that the dojo can not be taken seriously unless there are photos envolved :p

Chepe

Smash Lord
People too stubborn to believe ChaosZero might be legit were the only ones who kept saying Ness was unlikely. Oh how I was anti-Ness after the famous Up Until Now update, and just thought that while it was sad that Ness was gone, it was for the better as Lucas was pretty much Ness improved.

Then ChaosZero showed up and him saying Ness was returning coupled with NyaseNya's same claim made it too much to ignore. Since then I was always expecting Ness' return. A similar thing occurred with Lucario-in Mewtwo-out, only I was in the middle of that one at the beginning of it here...

Top Bottom