• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is out: Come and help those in denial...

NukeA6

Smash Master
I learned an important lesson in all this: never stop believing, even if the future looks bleak.

EPX2

Smash Ace
...... Why isn't this thread closed yet?
... because there's no reason at all it should be closed? Other character support threads are left open, even after a character is officially confirmed on the DOJO (see 1, 2, and 3), so why should this one be treated any differently?

Dear MetaSonic and other like minded folk:

We're still gloating because, we win, you lose. We probably aren't gracious winners, but we've earned that right.

We're going to make you feel every inch of this victory.
You know, it’s not anyone’s fault if they didn’t believe Ness would return, and bashed those that did. If people are to blame, it’s Sakurai’s translators for not being clear about what they meant, and Sakurai for including a character who appears to be a near-copy of an outdated character. All logic pointed to Ness having been cut from the playable roster this time around, so it was perfectly acceptable for doubters to believe he wasn’t returning. Don’t praise yourselves for being the only ones who believed in him; in fact you were quite stupid to believe Ness would return based on what we were told, but you just got really lucky.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
OMG! He's in!?! Thanks for the breaking news!!!![/sarcasm]
Listen "Wise Guy" I said that I believe this. I never said anyone else had to. This is what I and some of the other people on this forum believe and that is that. No need to be sarcastic.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
since when did this thread actually support ness
i mean look at the title, i talks about ness being out.
unless...never mind where's an actual ness support thread?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I was thinking... maybe this thread should stay open.. as a permanent reminder of how the Ness supporters were right all along... up until now?

EPX2

Smash Ace
You know, it’s not anyone’s fault if they didn’t believe Ness would return, and bashed those that did. If people are to blame, it’s Sakurai’s translators for not being clear about what they meant, and Sakurai for including a character who appears to be a near-copy of an outdated character. All logic pointed to Ness having been cut from the playable roster this time around, so it was perfectly acceptable for doubters to believe he wasn’t returning. Don’t praise yourselves for being the only ones who believed in him; in fact you were quite stupid to believe Ness would return based on what we were told, but you just got really lucky.
Oh, no, no. Don't even try that - those who went around attacking others, regardless of whether or not they believed Ness would return, should not get off scot-free. They need to own up - you're responsible for your own actions. You were misled into believing Ness wouldn't return? Alright, that's fair enough, the translation was admittedly vague. You decided to take this conclusion and use it as justification for labeling those who did believe he would/could return as "delusional," "moronic," "********," and so on? That's completely on you.

Not directed at you, by the way, that's meant generally.

Oh, no, no. Don't even try that - those who went around attacking others, regardless of whether or not they believed Ness would return, should not get off scot-free. They need to own up - you're responsible for your own actions. You were misled into believing Ness wouldn't return? Alright, that's fair enough, the translation was admittedly vague. You decided to take this conclusion and use it as justification for labeling those who did believe he would/could return as "delusional," "moronic," "********," and so on? That's completely on you.

Not directed at you, by the way, that's meant generally.
Perhaps I shouldn’t use such derogatory terms, but the supporters certainly had wishful thinking. I just don't think they should gloat to the people who thought Ness was cut that they were right all along and knew he would return, because they didn't and they are no wiser for it than the others. I myself was among the majority who didn't think he would return although I didn't think it was definite. I always maintained only a slight possibility that perhaps there was indeed a misunderstanding in words. But once again, the fans that 'won' the day only did so with a great amount of luck.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I got bored so I made this Interview with Sakurai about the leaking of Ness:
(Made out of Quotes used for Lucas' updates)
DB: So Sakurai now that Ness is revealed how will this effect Lucas?

Sakurai: While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

DB: Well I guess we will find out soon, but what are their connections.. some say they are too similar.

Sakurai: They are from the same family of PK users. But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different.

DB: How is the combat different?

Sakurai: he does not have the same standard moves.

DB: Interesting. But I like many others have seen their specials.. like PK Fire which look similar.

Sakurai: This is also quite different from Ness’s. It flies perfectly sideways, even in air.

DB: Oh sorta like a Mario/Luigi relationship moveset wise..

Sakurai: They are from the same family of PK users.

DB: Yes.. I know you said that already.

Sakurai: P...K.... STARRRRRRRRSTORRRRRRRRRM!

DB: Well that concludes our interview.. Sakurai has lost it.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Only if the original degree was specified...

I think you need another one then (linguistics course).
You're not getting it. The original degree WAS specified as soon as I specified the degree of the second one. As soon as I say one is more, the degree of the other is automatically specified as being less.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
No, I knew from the beginning that it was a weak translation, so how does that make me stupid? Also, it is indeed their fault for bashing, flaming, and trolling. Nobody made them come in here and get nasty and rude, it was their choice to do so.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Dear MetaSonic and other like minded folk:

We're still gloating because, we win, you lose. We probably aren't gracious winners, but we've earned that right.

We're going to make you feel every inch of this victory.

Oh I remember the good times...

"You're in denial."
"Lucas took all of his moves, there's no reason for him to be in the game."
"Only minor tweaks."
"Up until now."
"Sakurai even said it."
"Get over it."
"Onett doesn't mean anything."
"You're all morons."
"Stupid fanboys."

Oh the list goes on... Sure, both sides have done their fair share of mudslinging...
I remember calling you a cod piece, once.
That doesn't matter though.

Because Ness, is in fact, still in the Smash Brothers series.
As a playable character.
Which made us right.
And your facts very nonfactual.

Up until now, you were a pretty obnoxious adversary.
Now, spoken in true Pokey fashion, you are just another meal to us.

Love,
Ness fans.
1. Before you start gloating, let me inform you, I really don't care
2. Am I seriously supposed to go emo or something over the confirmation of a character? Please tell me, or maybe I'll go cry. [/sarcasm]
3. How can you make me feel something, that's only simple words on a computer screen. It truly doesn't bother me.
4. Your insults never bother me, but amused me b/c you were frustrated
5. Actually, things like that will remain factual. His inclusion doesn't make the facts, nonfactual. It just doesn't apply to this situation anymore.
6. Another meal? lol I still will be a pretty obnoxious adversary
7. In reference to #6, I will pwn you on Wi-Fi with Sonic Speed, even you Asbestos should know what that means.

-Meta_Sonic

P.S. See you on the battlefield

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You're responding, so obviously you do.

And Asbestos, going "we win, you lose" is just flaming the flamers.
Nice logic, and I guess when I don't want to do something, that makes me scared to do it? I just hope that Asbestos looks closely at the last number on my list. It's going to be a good Brawl, also, I'm officially challenging DeuceBlade as well.

No, I knew from the beginning that it was a weak translation, so how does that make me stupid? Also, it is indeed their fault for bashing, flaming, and trolling. Nobody made them come in here and get nasty and rude, it was their choice to do so.
Well I said in my second post that maybe stupid was the wrong word to use, but still overly expectant. The entry detailing Lucas's special moves wasn't the only thing Ness had going against him. Even before then, his chances were looking a little shaky. It is supposed that Sakurai intended to replace Ness in Melee with Lucas but didn't because of delays in releasing Mother 3. Then we saw that Lucas did indeed make it to Brawl, and that he appeared to be very similar to Ness. And then we get to his special moves. Even without "up until now", the fact that all of Lucas's special attacks were virtually the same as Ness's seemed to suggest that he was really out. So we had every reason to believe Ness wasn't coming back. Even now I question Sakurai's decision. So back to the people here. No, they didn't have to be rude (I never was), but it was perfectly acceptable for them to try to argue that Ness had been cut. Then again, this is the internet. People here are ruder than in person.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Well I said in my second post that maybe stupid was the wrong word to use, but still overly expectant. The entry detailing Lucas's special moves wasn't the only thing Ness had going against him. Even before then, his chances were looking a little shaky. It is supposed that Sakurai intended to replace Ness in Melee with Lucas but didn't because of delays in releasing Mother 3. Then we saw that Lucas did indeed make it to Brawl, and that he appeared to be very similar to Ness. And then we get to his special moves. Even without "up until now", the fact that all of Lucas's special attacks were virtually the same as Ness's seemed to suggest that he was really out. So we had every reason to believe Ness wasn't coming back. Even now I question Sakurai's decision. So back to the people here. No, they didn't have to be rude (I never was), but it was perfectly acceptable for them to try to argue that Ness had been cut. Then again, this is the internet. People here are ruder than in person.
I have no problem with people debating. However, you shouldn't be trying to excuse those who attacked anyone who didn't agree with them (Biggie Smalls, Luke Groundwalker, and vesperview come to mind) on the grounds that it's not their fault because everything (in their eyes) seemed to point towards Ness not returning. The choice to begin insulting others and labeling those who realized that "up until now" wasn't significant in any way as delusional Ness fanboys was made solely by them and as such, they nor anyone else shouldn't be trying to deny any responsibility for that. Sakurai didn't post those messages - they did.

So you still think that Sakurai will possibly remove Ness from the game after this?
Brawl? Probably not. At this point it's probably too late, and then there's the theory that Nintendo leaked the character images on purpose. The theoretical next Smash Bros.? Probably.

I have no problem with people debating. However, you shouldn't be trying to excuse those who attacked anyone who didn't agree with them (Biggie Smalls, Luke Groundwalker, and vesperview come to mind) on the grounds that it's not their fault because everything (in their eyes) seemed to point towards Ness not returning. The choice to begin insulting others and labeling those who realized that "up until now" wasn't significant in any way as delusional Ness fanboys was made solely by them and as such, they nor anyone else shouldn't be trying to deny any responsibility for that. Sakurai didn't post those messages - they did.
Ok, valid points, but people here still shouldn't gloat about what they thought they knew all along.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Haha, Meta_Sonic, trying to put a bold face on thngs after you've been so badly owned. You can say you don't care all you want, but the fact is that all of your insults were shoved right back down your throat.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Haha, Meta_Sonic, trying to put a bold face on thngs after you've been so badly owned. You can say you don't care all you want, but the fact is that all of your insults were shoved right back down your throat.
Cy Cy Cy, I never insulted anyone in my arguments. I just stated my points and opinions. Truth be told, I can't be owned by a bunch of words on the net. We'll see who laughs on Wi-Fi, that's if you not too scared to face me.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
This forum doesn't have room for E-thugs.

Please exit through the nearest window.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
This forum doesn't have room for E-thugs.

Please exit through the nearest window.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This topic's title needs to be changed to "Ness is in: Come and help those in denial..."

Top Bottom