• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is Awesome

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I'm only free on Wednesday or Thursday. . .

and tourneys don't run on weekdays. ;)

I'll do whatever you'll play our double Ness to.

TheLake

Smash Master
winner of that has to play h box and Is double yoshi team

or vudu and lakes ice climber ganon special

perhaps even mark and aarons infamous double mario team?

Eiklmen...we can do double fox or some ****

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi there melee nesses! Came to see how you're doing. Saw a match with Ness vs. Falcon recently and the yoyo glitch/thunderjacket was used and it was pretty awesome.

Falcon still won though.

Anyway, just saying hi. :happysheep:

odinNJ

Smash Lord
im guessing you saw the hax mofo match.

yeah, alot of people see that and think "wow ness is cool"

cool yes,
good no

but still, hi :)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I got some really good footage of my Ness vs. Eikelmann this weekend. Once it gets posted I'll put a link in here.

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
I got some really good footage of my Ness vs. Eikelmann this weekend. Once it gets posted I'll put a link in here.
Awesome, I'll watch.
I've been playing Ness lately, and it's proving to be surprisingly effective.
He has such crazy physics to work with.

R:U:N

Smash Cadet
Hbox this had better not be the last time we see your Ness
cuz that was the most hype **** of apex for me at least
#NessForS
#YLisBroken
Naah, but seriously that was damn awesome pulling out Ness in not just any tourney, but apex against armada

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
HBox, I'm very impressed with your Ness (especially the movement!!), but I have one big piece of advice: use N-air. I don't think you've used it in any of your matches against Armada. I have no doubts that you would've taken one game off him with your Ness if you used it at a crucial moment (forgot which moment that was but I know there was one). It's also pretty good OOS since it comes out on frame 5. Also jab reset with D-tilt -> tipper F-smash would've been better than B-throw that one time but I don't know if you had enough space for a tipper then.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
ness is def great i was happy to see the two characters i use at the top level of play and really wanted hbox to win even though i main ylink and ness is just a play around character but hbox is sooo LEGIT ..if he added some glitches i would be so amazed

Vudujin

Smash Lord
If HBox goes into the hyperbolic time chamber with baby Ness things will look much different against Armada's Y.Link next year.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Vudujin, your movement with Ness is insane! It reminds me a lot of how Yoshi moves on platforms.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff Vudujin! I love the ledge canceled PK Fires. Needs moar bair tho ;)

I just got back from a recorded smashfest with Matt.Zeb, was playing pretty well. Hopefully have some new matches up soon

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm beginning to think this character's only worthwhile moves for facilitating winning are his bair, grab, and dair. Not necessarily in that order.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to think this character's only worthwhile moves for facilitating winning are his bair, grab, and dair. Not necessarily in that order.
I'd add fair to that, but I otherwise agree. Uair's pretty good too, I've been using DJC uair as an out of shield option a lot lately and it's been working pretty well

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Personally I think you have to use every single one of his moves. They don't have much gestalt going on, but they all have a unique applicable purpose.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think you have to use every single one of his moves. They don't have much gestalt going on, but they all have a unique applicable purpose.
Except downsmash. There's always a better option than downsmash.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Downsmash is sick!!!!!!!!! His worst move and I understand completely where you're coming from. . . . but it's freakin' awesome.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
On fast fallers, with certain DI in a small percentage range, you can combo it into an arial. Potentially useful with edgegaurding, however I'm pretty sure there are always better ways you can edgegaurd.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I like to use it with his jab. Look at his hitbox for that and you'll know what I mean. It's good with u-tilt too.

Top Bottom