• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is Awesome

D

Deleted member

He's my secondary and Ness dittos are great.

He really does make the game so much more fun.

/ihavethebestnessyoucantarguewithit

:D
i watched you play ness at apex. idk how you beat the people you did, but i'd body your ****.

and then promptly get 4 stocked by your jigglypuff

omg at all of your apex videos against kage. i mean really jesus christ.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
Yo Hungrybox, Ima big fan. I would love to have a ness ditto mm sometime in the future (once my job stabilizes and I can travel to tourneys)

#madlovebutIgottaproveyahwronglol

GZTGoazt

D

Deleted member

peach vs ness is a ****ing awful match. what were you expecting, a miracle?

Max?

Smash Champion
/ihavethebestnessyoucantarguewithit
Yeah, I can't ****s with that, but until you play against the OT, the title remains in question ;)

peach vs ness is a ****ing awful match. what were you expecting, a miracle?
I mean, Hbox sorta ***** a certain peach main who got 9th in bracket at Apex in almost every match they played... soooooooooo

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
yeah umbreon peach ness is one of nesses better matchups, he can shield stab and combo the **** out of her
imo hbox your ness is pretty solid but Mofo just has an absolutely unbelievable knowledge of ness, not to mention that he can utilize 90% of it, i dunno i can't give you the crown just yet.

Max?

Smash Champion
Ness Tier List (Updated for 2012):

Hungrybox ?
Teh Mofo
The OT
PC Chris (sorry PC, you been slacking lately)
Vudujin (remains to be seen)

----

*1000 other fake *****s*

Mow
Simna

D

Deleted member

okay so...what can ness do to peach again? besides absolutely nothing.

seriously, enlighten me. would rather fight sheik.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
vudujin has a very good ness. i say its deff up there top 3
Vudujin does have a very good Ness, I've played it. Don't know how rankings would be though and honestly all this Best Ness and top 3 etc. bull**** is doesn't mean much, we definitely need more data (optimally tournament) to draw any solid conclusions. I've yet to see Hungrybox's Ness, but it probably is better than mine because surprise, he's a world-class player who knows how to space like a mother****er.

Not salty at all though, I'm actually excited that Hbox is playing Ness. Ness players are few and far-between, so the progression of his metagame doesn't have much synergy. Hopefully Hbox will either get some videos up or share some of his tactics.

okay so...what can ness do to peach again? besides absolutely nothing.

seriously, enlighten me. would rather fight sheik.
Like Max said, fair combos into itself really well on Peach. I don't feel like getting into the nitty gritty, but another thing is that Ness is one of the few characters that can punish a shielded downsmash, with a djc bair. I even try to bait it, because Peaches are so used to being safe afterwards. When they figure out that they can't just spam it, it puts a hole in their game both offensively and defensively.

By the way, I'm leaving for India tomorrow for a month and a half, but when I get back I'm releasing a guide on my method for aiming PK Thunder.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why are there three maxes in this thread O_o;

How can you fair a grounded Peach? She can just cc d-smash it. And how does ness deal with turnips?

Max?

Smash Champion
Don't know how rankings would be though and honestly all this Best Ness and top 3 etc. bull**** is doesn't mean much, we definitely need more data (optimally tournament) to draw any solid conclusions.
lol, you know I'm ****ing around with these "rankings". There's no reason to have a PR for 'character mains' anyway, unless you want to make people unnecessarily salty and bring up a bunch of arguing based on arbitrary bull****. ESPECIALLY for a character like Ness where NO ONE uses him and he isn't tourney viable at all lol

But we all know my Ness is the best tho ;)

Why are there three maxes in this thread O_o;
Yeah we've discussed this before, it's weird right?

MAX CREW BATTLE.

Also Julien, while you're in India you should try and hit up those Sri Lankan Roys and the Cambodian Y.Links.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Max, that wasn't directed at you, you were obviously trolling (I approve) and I'm totally with you on everything you just said.

Except for me, Ness is a viable option in tournament. Not because I'm amazing, but because sometimes it's just my best option.

Maybe you're saying that if it's anyone's best option to pick Ness in tournament, then they aren't a viable entrant... that may be true unfortunately. Though, I plan on proving this wrong.

Max?

Smash Champion
Yeah your Ness is the truth, and if there is someone out there who can prove his true potential, it's you. Still tho, Ness loses to cape exclusively, so he's garbage tier LOL

D

Deleted member

Except for me, Ness is a viable option in tournament. Not because I'm amazing, but because sometimes it's just my best option.

Maybe you're saying that if it's anyone's best option to pick Ness in tournament, then they aren't a viable entrant... that may be true unfortunately. Though, I plan on proving this wrong.
I think Ness is an excellent choice for you in tournament. Being a scrub is choosing to pick some option other than what is best to win, but since Ness is often your best chance to win I don't think it's scrubby or a bad idea at all.

I remember back in the day I used to think ness was a mid-tier with under-exploited movement tricks. now everyone uses those movements as standard, go figure.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Cyrain told me that he played you Mofo and thought that you should've gone Ness vs. him. =/

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
I did, he ***** me first match. Then I switched to Fox, and he ***** me again. Second time I lost to him in tournament (RoM, Apex). No salt though, he played well.

I'm coming for that ***.

D

Deleted member

i mean you beat the peach but tbh it just looked more like an average opponent being mind****ed than anything new to the MU that i don't already know. some of your **** is gold though.

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
i mean you beat the peach but tbh it just looked more like an average opponent being mind****ed than anything new to the MU that i don't already know. some of your **** is gold though.
It wasn't about beating the Peach (he obviously did not know the matchup at all), I was just showing an example of a bair oos punish after he dsmashed.

N64

Smash Champion
Ness Tier List (Updated for 2012):

Hungrybox ?
Teh Mofo
The OT
PC Chris (sorry PC, you been slacking lately)
Vudujin (remains to be seen)

----

*1000 other fake *****s*

Mow
Simna
do you not remember losing our ness ditto? N64 ness da best ness.

Max?

Smash Champion
We could've just done a 4 stock match and had the same result.

But nah, that's for *****es. Come back to Tristate soon homie! Next time we'll do 99-Stock Pichu dittos. Or perhaps.... a salty runback?

Top Bottom