• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been here twice and haven't seen it happen. The nearby Days Inn has pretty reasonable prices, though.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I can't go, going back to England like a week before. :[ A large scale PM tournament looks awesome, though, gl to everyone who goes!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Doctor X, do you know if people in the Ohio community will be able to house players who are coming from far away?
Depends on how many there are. I'd have to talk it over with Overswarm as well, but there might be *some* space. Other people in the area aren't that passionate about PM or live with their parents so I'm not sure how they'd feel about housing, but I'll ask around.

If there's more than like 20 people who need to stay the night, though, hotel rooms will probably be needed. Like I said in the OP, if we hit our goal and have a decent amount of out-of-staters' signed up, I can talk to hotels about maybe getting group rates. Even without those, though, prices on that side of town are fairly reasonable. Not a lot of people stay around there.

clowsui

Smash Legend
there's a days inn about 2 miles from the venue that costs 70/night

if i'm still in ohio i'll show up for the homies. i am a zss legend after all ;)))) (lol not really)

just so you know steve i'll bet that jesse is willing to provide 5-6 TVs for the event. so you'll probably be needing 5-8 more TVs and 15 Wiis total if you plan on getting like 60-70 people

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the record, when this becomes the largest PM tournament to date, I maintain that the prize for top three will be the same as the one I called at the APEX tournament. Character nerfs!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Speaking of the largest PM tournament to date, is there any way we would be able to reserve the venue for 2 days instead of 1? I realize this is asking a lot because the venue is a business, but even if we can't, would anyone support for Day 2 Smashfest? It would make the trip more worthwhile for OoS/OoR players and give us more time to focus on main events on Day 1 and push back side events (like Pie Crews, even though it's an imperative matter of pride :p) to Day 2 if necessary. I'd be down to Smashfest in hotels where players are staying, but if someone could get another venue or host, that would be great. Again though, this is asking a lot and if it's too much of a logistic hassle, I'd be down for a hotel Smashfest.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ That sounds really good.

Also, this tournament has a long way to go to match the triple digits from the P:M tourney at FC.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Speaking of the largest PM tournament to date, is there any way we would be able to reserve the venue for 2 days instead of 1? I realize this is asking a lot because the venue is a business, but even if we can't, would anyone support for Day 2 Smashfest? It would make the trip more worthwhile for OoS/OoR players and give us more time to focus on main events on Day 1 and push back side events (like Pie Crews, even though it's an imperative matter of pride :p) to Day 2 if necessary. I'd be down to Smashfest in hotels where players are staying, but if someone could get another venue or host, that would be great. Again though, this is asking a lot and if it's too much of a logistic hassle, I'd be down for a hotel Smashfest.
A 2-day event is certainly a possibility. I can talk with Arcade Legacy about it, but I'm not going to start doing that until I can get real commitments in the form of preregistration, though. This was, after all, the reason why I set all this pre-reg stuff up in the first place. I don't want to reserve for two days and have us only need the place for one. The venue's weekends are actually fairly busy with general hangouts and FGC people, especially in the summer, so we'd really be messing with their business if we asked them to keep it clear for us and didn't show.

Hotel smashfests would be amazing, and I know of locals who would be happy to attend them. Otherwise I can talk to OS--- who owns the house I live in currently-- about potentially doing something there on Friday or Sunday. Mostly that will depend on our turnout, though. If we get 50+ people we certainly can't invite everyone over.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Updated. Also put myself on there finally because reasons. OS volunteered to help TO a bit so I should be able to actually play. Omg.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Updated. Also put myself on there finally because reasons. OS volunteered to help TO a bit so I should be able to actually play. Omg.
I usually end up helping TO tournaments down there (ask Clowsui), so I'll tentatively offer volunteer services. I also naturally have a setup.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
I'll attend this if I get a willing participant in retrieving/returning me from/to the airport and housing me. Let me know!

I'll bring a setup, minus TV, and a recording setup.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Time to put this dedede to the testestest!! Comin in from south dakota for this...might goto evo too not sure...

Which is like 700 miles or so...dat fat pot bonus for a fat penguin!!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not sure I can make this anymore. There's a big event I go to every year and they just announced the date for this year ... August 10th :(

Scythe

Smash Master
if oro preregs then i will prereg
let's start a prereg train

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure I can make this anymore. There's a big event I go to every year and they just announced the date for this year ... August 10th :(
but you and Oracle need to have a title match

Doctor X

Smash Lord
yeah i'm slacking real hard right now
Lots of people are, even people that know for a fact they will be coming because they like... live in or near Cincinnati. *glowers at the people who know who they are and that I'm talking about them*

I mean, since the tournament is happening regardless, I guess that's ok, but without the pre-reg I don't have a good idea how many pies to buy. Also I don't know whether to negotiate a 2-day event and things like that.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Lots of people are, even people that know for a fact they will be coming because they like... live in or near Cincinnati. *glowers at the people who know who they are and that I'm talking about them*

I mean, since the tournament is happening regardless, I guess that's ok, but without the pre-reg I don't have a good idea how many pies to buy. Also I don't know whether to negotiate a 2-day event and things like that.
Please pre-register, people! It's a logistical nightmare to plan for a potentially huge event without knowing just how many people are coming. Step it up!

metroid1117

Smash Master
So apparently my cousin is having a wedding on the 9th... which means I can't go to this. Doctor X, you can use my pre-registration money to go towards the OoS pot or the pies. I'm sorry for hyping this up and then flaking out guys =/.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is it too late to push this back a week or something? I didn't wanna ask if it was just for me (although if I don't go, MD/VA won't go), but now metroid can't make it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom