• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEO's Hyperbolic Time Chamber (The IRL version)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Perfecting technique in private to minimize mistake making + playing with people occasionally > Playing with people a lot

get ***** dan

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Perfecting technique in private to minimize mistake making + playing with people occasionally > Playing with people a lot

get ***** dan
Yes, but I have fun in life which is what is more important when playing a video game.

get ***** . . . well, I won't post your real name here, because then your fanboys will start squealing, lmao.

*waits for Neo to actually start winning money again like he should be and then **** me.

EDIT: Also, Mario vs Sheik threatens to be epic.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMAO @ dan and nathan

all u have to do is look up bach's fc6 top 32 vid (believe it's part 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iO1WvDPik

"My name is Nathaniel Eugene O'Guinn, that's my initials, n-e-o, i've been NEO technically since 1986 so it's not from The Matrix all you Matrix fans! I'm the original. Yes. Next question."

3:02 - 3:17

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
LMAO @ dan and nathan

all u have to do is look up bach's fc6 top 32 vid (believe it's part 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iO1WvDPik

"My name is Nathaniel Eugene Oakland, that's my initials, n-e-o, i've been NEO technically since 1986 so it's not from The Matrix all you Matrix fans! I'm the original. Yes. Next question."

3:02 - 3:17
it's o'guinn

Yes, but I have fun in life which is what is more important when playing a video game.

get ***** . . . well, I won't post your real name here, because then your fanboys will start squealing, lmao.

*waits for Neo to actually start winning money again like he should be and then **** me.

EDIT: Also, Mario vs Sheik threatens to be epic.
yes because we all know that i have no social life, nice post count btw... when did you register?

DAYUMN *****, TKO GTFO

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
nice post count btw... when did you register?

DAYUMN *****, TKO GTFO
If you're implying I have no social life, you're quite obviously mistaken. As for my post count, it was largely accumulated last summer.

I would think that without even without talking about my life outside of smash, posting on a forum and interacting with other people, and playing smash WITH OTHER PEOPLE warrants a social life. In the end, I still stand as the one who actually enjoys this game, and manages to have fun. Seriously, after making this thread, LOL @ you even implying that I have no social life. ROFLMAO :laugh:

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
If you're implying I have no social life, you're quite obviously mistaken. As for my post count, it was largely accumulated last summer.

I would think that without even without talking about my life outside of smash, posting on a forum and interacting with other people, and playing smash WITH OTHER PEOPLE warrants a social life. In the end, I still stand as the one who actually enjoys this game, and manages to have fun. Seriously, after making this thread, LOL @ you even implying that I have no social life. ROFLMAO :laugh:
naw not at all it was just a good burn response

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
... THere's a stor...

fffffffffffffffffffff

something about the pope. Not really.
fffffffffffffffffffff....ail?

wow, 1671 views and only 61 posts. $10 says it's only because it's made by NEO with NEO in the title.:laugh:

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
My notes from today: (note - if it seems like there's something I already should know on this list, I do. It's just to practice/improve in that area, or add something to my game)

- DJ to reset spacing
- Fthrow --> Usmash read
- Bthrow --> Fsmash read
- Dash away, dash back --> DB or Grab
- Dtilt and Fair approaches
- OoS options
- Fair --> AD away
- Mixup of landing methods (DJs, ADs, DB1 stall)
- Z-dropping nanas and nades in a match

And now back to whiffing more attacks until Minty comes online or I find someone who's better then me to wifi with.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Hey Rukkiko, you seem to know the most about B-Throw. Can you tell me some of the key differences between this throw and D-throw?

I always thought D-throw would always make B-throw redundant.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hey Rukkiko, you seem to know the most about B-Throw. Can you tell me some of the key differences between this throw and D-throw?

I always thought D-throw would always make B-throw redundant.
Dthrow is way better then Bthrow, in terms of trajectory, damage, ad KB. However, no one expects a Bthrow for this purpose, so it can make a good mixup.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
What about Frame Advantage?

(Yes I could look at frame data for this, but I'm also wondering if this is a good throw to use against heavy characters, in case B-throw is less affected by their weight than D-throw.)

EDIT: NM, throws aren't listed there, I just checked.

EDIT2: Thanks Rukkiko.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Bthrow isn't worth using unless they're at really high percents(I think it's like 100+'ish or something) and you want to be able to follow up. Otherwise, dthrow is better since it does more damage and sends them at a better angle. That's my opinion anyways. Bthrow sucks and has a horrible frame advantage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Back throw is good around the 60%.

It will have a better frame advantage than dthrow on all characters.

Like after hitstun change, on Mario, dthrow will go from +3 to -12.
Back throw will go from -13 advantage to -6 at around the 60s. Hence Back throw is better than dthrow from about 40% until 70%.
Donkey Kong, dthrow will go from -1 to -17. Back throw will go from -18 to -12. Meaning back throw is more advantageous than dthrow at higher percents as well.

Over all though fthrow is always better +14 to -3 on Mario, +12 to -5 on DK. But bthrow definitely is better for a 'backwards' throw if required at the mid percents mark, always.

(P.S. all the 'second rate' advantages are for air dodges, add +12 for ATTACKS -> So depending on your opponent's habits dthrow may always be better)
Oh but of course the dthrow trajectory is probably more useful too, lol.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
I've actually started training like this a week or 2 ago...It's surprisingly effective. O_O
Muscle memory and all that stuff. Longest time I spent doing this was...4 hours straight? lol

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
M4ge! You don't know me yet but I'm a friend of Kevin's (hippie). I heard you play Marth, welcome!

I need to set aside sometime once my cousin leaves, I could only get abotu an hour in on training today.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
M4ge! You don't know me yet but I'm a friend of Kevin's (hippie). I heard you play Marth, welcome!

I need to set aside sometime once my cousin leaves, I could only get abotu an hour in on training today.
Your name sounds really really familiar...
Did you go to the PGN's GT tournament? I think I might've seen your tag before...

And yeah, I played a ton of friendlies with Hippie 2 days ago. I'm trying to main him. (Since Link isn't really tournament viable. *sad face*)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Your name sounds really really familiar...
Did you go to the PGN's GT tournament? I think I might've seen your tag before...

And yeah, I played a ton of friendlies with Hippie 2 days ago. I'm trying to main him. (Since Link isn't really tournament viable. *sad face*)
Ah I see, well Marth is **** so yea =P And no, I went to Knightmare's GT however.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
OH. That's it then. I went to that too. I played Link and got ***** by everybody. >_>
This is why I decided to pick up Marth. -_-

Top Bottom