• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help taking my title back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

squaminator

Smash Ace
i disagree, chunky. even if he learns the tricks, samus always has an advantage over fox, especially if both parties aren't extremely reliable in tech skill. don't believe me? check out the samus forums or the fox forums.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
You shouldn't do that imo. If your nemesis learns competitive play, he will probaly destroy you beacuase he plays fox, the best character in the game. If anything tell your brother to go here so he can take over your title.
Just because fox is the best character in the game doesn't mean he doens't have matchups that can compete with him. Samus is actually a good matchup with fox. Her rocket spam can get quite annoying, and her floatiness makes her harder to do u-throws to u-airs, and at high percentages, it is basically impossible to u-throw u-air (provided your opponent is decent at DI). I main fox and I regularly play someone who is good with samus, and I get ***** (I don't think I have ever beaten any of his top 4 characters ever). But my friend definitely is much better in every aspect of the game then I am.

Also, this thread has been a very enjoyable read estebeatdown. I can't wait till you introduce your friends to this site :D

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Darn you, making me go two pages back just to see the updated bracket! XD

I TOTALLY want a good shot in the video of everyone's expressions if you use Dazwa's suggestion! ^_^

Spill some blood and knock some heads! Win this for us!

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Gimme that video now... NOW! I have been waiting forever for it.
LOL. Ah, Corey. Your responses never cease to amuse me!

Don't worry about that video. It's coming. Remember, "I ain't got none of that there fancy magical people TV capturin' doohickeys", therefore I have to compensate by other means. We are going to borrow a camcorder and just record the final matches on Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to post them when I reveal the outcome of this glorious coop de' grace.

I cannot believe how popular this has become. Never in my mind did I think I was going to be treated in a manner such as this. I'm really somewhat dumbfounded by it all. It's like knowing your about to receive a great present from a real good friend, only to find that he instead bought you 2.

squaminator

Smash Ace
i think it may be because of three things
1. this seems like something you might read in a fantasy novel or play in a video game. it appeals to the audience in that way.

2. some or most of us are the best in our playgroup, until we found this site,when we became masters. we're watching you grow up before our eyes, just like we did.

3. we see what happens when smart people come here to learn, and not thinking that they are the best.

4. you make overall smart posts that are dun to read.

there are more reasons, but those ones came first.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I hope you get that video. We tried to once by buying 20 cases of deposable cammeras and clicked away at the screen while two people fought. It wasn't exactly the best idea ever :/

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Can I see that, Corey? I really wanna know how that one worked!

I think this is so popular because you're awesome, Este! You're likeable, a good story teller, and possibly best of all, we can read your posts. Plus, you definately remind me of me from a bit ago. Beat everyone I knew to the point where they stopped playing when I was nearby, then found another group of people and was on par with them. Unlike the last group, they are on this place, and we all kept improving. I love this topic. ^_^

Corigames

Smash Hero
Trust me, you do not want to see it. I found out most of my friends are terrible at making pictures because of this.

(If you are being serious, no. I didn't actually do this because that would be the biggest waste of money and time)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Uhh... I didn't think I was THAT convincing, but doing that and making a, huge none the less, flipbook would be pretty cool.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea, man, when I saw someone else posted here I thought maybe estebeatsdown got the video up and I got all excited, man.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
hey everyone. thanks for all of your patience with
the updates. i just wanted to let you all know that
i have not forgotten about you all, but i was not able
to finish the tourney this weekend. my mother in law
re-injured her leg pretty badly on friday (her knee
was already in really bad shape, which requires her
to wear a leg brace, and she made it worse by falling
directly on it while navigating a small step ladder
in her kitchen), so my wife and i have been here at her
house tending to her all weekend. we do not have internet
access here, so i am replying to you all via my phone.
i will be leaving today, as i must be back to work by tomorrow,
so my wife will stay here for the majority of the week. sadly,
there is no other family around the area that can help, so my
wife has undertaken this task. i will probably come back over
here on friday to help out more, if she is not well by that time.

there is a bit of solice in all of this though, regarding the
tournament that is. my brother once again took the reigns
and finished the bracket up to the finals. turns out your
predictions were correct about me meeting my brother in
the last match, but the way it got to that point is actually
somewhat shocking. my nemesis, who was favored to meet
me in the finals, never even made it to the semi's in the
losers bracket. he lost to ceasar in a tight match. supposedly,
his loss was the culmination of ill preparation, as he said he was
focused on myself and my brother, and never thought he would
have to prepare for someone such as jimilius. the rest of the
bracket went pretty much as predicted. my brother swept through
tf in round 2, and then cleaned up jimilius in the semi's (jimilius
actually didn't mind the loss, as he compared his win against
my nemesis as his "superbowl victory"). i actually wish i had been
present for the loser's bracket final against my brother and nikko.
from what tf told me, it was really impressive (from a n00bish pov,
i suppose). i've always enjoyed their matches, and to miss it was
really a disappointment. my brother won, of course. however, it was
not a lopsided win. i heard he won with only 1 stock left at around 50%
dmg.

anyways, when i get back today, i will update the bracket. i might
actually get to finish the tourney today, seeing as how my brother and
i live really close to each other. i do not know though, as i feel like we
should finish it with everyone present. wouldn't feel the same
if just my brother and me were the only ones there. also, im not
sure if my conscience would allow me to play videogames and have
fun while my wife is looking over her mom. call it a husband thing.
i actually think wives train their husbands to feel that way
when they are gone.

that would explain the subliminal tapes in her drawer, and why
sometimes i wake up with headphones around my head and
ears. =^D

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Etse. You own. your storytelling is top notch. do you write novels or short stories? its eems like you do in your spare time. ANywho as far as smash... You most delfino inspired me to keep on keeping on with my training. May your and your community continue to grow in smash so we can meet in the on the battlefield someday

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! It's good to be back.

I am sorry about the poor production value of my most recent update. As stated, I was posting from my phone, and was in much of a hurry at that.

Well, to get right to the point, here is where the tournament brackets stand. The tag tourney has not changed as I was not here to take part, but the loser's bracket has been concluded.

Winner's Bracket

Loser's Bracket

As you can see, we are on the heels of the conclusion that many of you have been seeking since page 1. I am nervous. Really nervous. Extremely nervous. There were two people that I had reservations of fighting when this tournament began, and I just happen to be fighting one now.

There is one breathe of relief. Since this is a double elimination tournament and I have not lost up to this point, this means that I must be beaten TWICE. My opponent must lose only once. And although some of YOU might believe that this is what a coward would say (I shall not name any name's), YOU must rememeber that I have already beaten Krotch Kicker once. Also, YOU are not in my shoes right now.

YOU are not about to attempt to prove everyone in your neighborhood wrong.

YOU are not about to attempt to take back a title that you held for over 5 years.

YOU do not have a whole smash community riding on the outcome, with YOUR defeat possibly leading to the attempted suicide of atleast 5 people (keep in mind, some of these facts are extremely over exaggerated. LOL.).

YOU, my friendly PM'er, are not me right now. And right now, I am more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I will take any bit of solice I can get, even if it comes in the fact that I have to lose twice.

So, low and behold, here we are. The threshold of destiny. When will the outcome be decided?

Tonight? Possibly. Only time and unforseen occurance will tell. But, as in the words of the infamous Dr. Thrax from C&C: Generals... "The suspense.. It's KILLING YOU!"

LOL. As it is I....

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Uh, why would "winners bracket lose twice, losers bracket lose once" being something a coward would say?

That's STANDARD in a tournament with a loser's bracket.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You taught him, you don't need to worry about it. What character does your bro use? I still hold by my first suggestion that you should just use peach and tell him to ONLY crouch cancel since it "kills" Peach. D-smash to win. THIS IS A SERIOUS SUGGESTION BTW. Peach is incredibly easy to pick up as well (it only is hard to implement her Wd and DjC).

BTW, calm down from all the pressure. The last thing you want to happen is to break down in the middle of the match (most of my matches involve me winning at the beginning and then being ***** for the rest of the match...). You're there to have fun. You taught your brother and you know his playstyle better than anyone else's. He probably knows yours just as well. This is the only problem I see right now (when tech skill is equal, better mindgames wins). What I'm trying to say is CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY. Choose a character that has much better anti CC'ing abilities than Samus. Who is the only person with that? Peach (well mabye jigglypuff but it's too hard for your level now...).

Try using Peach to show how advanced tactics can be used against you (WD'ing into Marth's F-smash...).

I'm the ramblin' bamblin' mushroom!

Lier

Smash Cadet
Can't wait for this epic showdown to conclude man. Great tale that you are telling and kept me intrigued for the past hour. HOPE YOU WIN! :)

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
wait doesnt your picture show that the tourney is already over? the bottom of the first one says "winners bracket winner: EsteBeatDown"

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
E Funk, there's still the Looser's Bracket winner who gets to take a shot at the finals. Which just happens to be Este's brother, probably his next biggest threat after his nemesis. Perhaps even his biggest at this point, who knows? Then again, Este, correct me if I'm wrong. As you made quite clear, I'm certainly not you, nor is anyone else here.

Win this for Smashboards! Win this for us! We're all behind you! Don't be nervous about it, kick some ***!

I feel bad for your mother-in-law, though. Hope that it turns out alright. Don't let that distract you from the win though! Get that title for us! And a video would be nice too. XD

Anther

Smash Champion
wait doesnt your picture show that the tourney is already over? the bottom of the first one says "winners bracket winner: EsteBeatDown"
o.o
In double elim tourneys the Winners bracket winner and the Losers bracket winner face eachother, as they are the only 2 players who haven't been eliminated twice.

Corigames

Smash Hero
How long must I wait before I get that fricken video? The world has stopped in preperation of this tape.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
How long must I wait before I get that fricken video? The world has stopped in preperation of this tape.
LOL.

Yes Corey. I share your frustration. I want to get the video on here as soon as possible myself. However, the final match has not taken place, and that is the video I plan on posting here. You see, the other matches were all well and good, but in the end though, the only match anyone cares about is the finale.

Believe me, I would have already had these video's up. In fact, I even attempted to get a video to you all the last time we had a smash round. The fact of the matter is, however, no one has a way of recording the video and uploading it to this vast information highway. My previous attempt was thwarted when we realized how crappy the quality turned out (we recorded 20 sec clips on a digital camera, which was perhaps the dumbest idea I have had in the history of dumb ideas). The only conclusion I have come to is recording the match with a video camcorder, taking that video to someone who can, in turn, transfer that to a disk, and then uploading that here. I realize the other option would be to just buy some equipment that could capture the video. But that costs money and as you know, being married and all, I have to be reasonable with all purchases. My first concern is providing for my wife, and I just don't see how buying video capture equipment would benefit her.

So alas, the wait continues. I am sorry for the suspense. Believe me, I want as much as you to have the video here to share with the whole smash community. However, good things do come to those who wait. I know it might not seem that way now, and I really don't have an arguement to reinforce my reasoning for using that statement, but... well... it seems like good thing to say at this moment!

Look. Kitties!

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find a good sig creator? I would like to get one.

Binx

Smash Master
Este, who is the better player between your rival and your little brother? I figure if you are better than your rival your brother will probably become better than him pretty soon also, especially considering that you beat him by such a large stock amount the last time I read about a match between them.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know what you mean about the video upload issues. The only thing I have his a video camera that records on VHS-C's. That can't really be turned into digital magic. If I could, I would buy the equipment too, but, although I'm not married, I'm poor. Hopefully you will find a way though. And as incentive, a kitten will die every day until that video is up starting tommorrow at midnight... now think of the responsibility you are under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom