• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help taking my title back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! How is everyone? Myself? Well, I could be doing really good, or I could be in a perverbial hell. I could be lying in bed right now, drying the tears from my face and my laptop, or flying on a figurative cloud with 1000's of little Kirby's at my wing. Guess it kinda depends on whether I lost or not, huh? LOL!

Anyways, it is kinda sad to see this thread nearing it's end. I've really enjoyed "hamming" it up for you all, as MookieRah so appropriately stated. I certainly hope more opportunities arise where I can relate a 10 paragraph story to you on how my cat just ate it's food (in the most epic of ways, of course). Until then...

Now, in respects to the video. I really wish I had the extremely "ellusive" recording to post at this moment. However, as I stated before, it is being transfered to CD. I would have had it earlier, however that was totally dependant on my visiting family and their technological generosity. My uncle, a smasher himself, was to bring his USB supported digital recorder. They however, never even made it out of South Texas. For any of you who live here in the Lone Star State, you probably know about the massive storm that hit the Valley area and kept everyone in their houses (due to the golf ball sized hall and flooding). My family lives in that vicinity, and was therefore not able to make the trip in time for my sister's wedding. My sister was, of course, upset at the developements. I had mixed feelings. While I was happy that my house was going to stay relative free for the Labor Day weekend (this happiness set in after I found out that they would be fine, as they were not in the actual storm but just being kept from leaving town), it wasn't until after the initial joy subsided that I realized, "Holy Crap! I still need a camera!"

Now sadly, I was not able to find a replacement USB camera, as you can plainly tell. I did however, manage to commender a plain jane mini VHS camcorder from my other sister (due to also get married in September). It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but hey... A general goes into battle with the army he's got.

So, this sets up the scene for the epic, final battle. Sadly, the audience was not upto the standards I had hoped for. It consisted of myself, TF, his wife and my final opponent... my brother. However, my mood for this was lifted when I thought about the fact that my audience extends well beyond the regions of that living room. I had an entire smash community waiting for the results, and they would soon be witness to this happy (or tragic) ending...

Man, I sure can't wait to find out if I won my title back or not. ^_^

squaminator

Smash Ace
even if you didn't come out on top, i feel that you, or we maybe?, have already won. Only the people that have been taught the ways are victorious. And thats enough for me.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
even if you didn't come out on top, i feel that you, or we maybe?, have already won. Only the people that have been taught the ways are victorious. And thats enough for me.
This may well have been the cheesiest thing that I have ever read in my life.

Keep up the good work.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Corigames

Smash Hero
Este, eventhough that storm seem terrifying, did you practice while you were boxed in? Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you give us a finite list of all the things you have successfully accomplished and the things you are currently working on? This way we could throw in some more tips for you eventhough this is all over.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
*Time freezes to await the video once more!*

Screw the two people watching the match, you have a good dozen or two more at least waiting for this one! We're all waiting. Weee'reee alllll waaaiiitttiiiingggg... So hurry it up! XD

Smash Rookie
I just read through 17 pages of posts waiting for the epic conclusion of this thread to find...

I hate life.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, is it wrong that this thread is the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week.....and I graduated this week....
Incredible story though. I decided to read it instead of sleeping!

Maplestory

Smash Cadet
lol

Who here is MarthPlayer001? Because that is really a lame youtube s/n... And I didn't mean to close this epic thread. It kept me occupied for maybe 30 minutes reading it. Poor thread.:(

Maplestory

Smash Cadet
Maple, shush mangz, I'm 22 and I've been in this community for a long time and am a known good player AND I still love this thread. It's fun and refreshing, and reminds people of how they started out, or people can relate because they are in a similar circumstance. If you aren't into it, that's cool, but don't tell people they are stupid for not realizing Este is hamming it up a bit to make it more exciting (we all know he is btw, but that is what makes it such a good story).
Don't worry, I enjoy the finer arts, and this is a great, epic thread. AS said before, I didn't mean to insult anyone.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Liar, I get straight A's, in Adv. Math, Gifted and Talented program, Spanish, etc....
Not to brag, and sorry for multiposting.
How advanced can pre-college math get? I just read the textbook once a chapter and got A's every time. Not to brag.:lick:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Look on the bright side. We're all so intent on seeing the video and hearing the end of the story that we may end up discovering the secret of immortality just so that we can wait forever for it.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Liar, I get straight A's, in Adv. Math, Gifted and Talented program, Spanish, etc....
Not to brag, and sorry for multiposting.
2 things:

1) That post is unprovable and irrelevant, and it makes you look like a giant tool, and...

2) While being clever may mean someone is booksmart, I can tell you for sure that being booksmart does not make someone clever.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Also if the gifted and Talented program you are talking about is GATE, it really is not that hard. And for the multi posting there is an edit button. Not trying to be mean just pointing that out.

I have been following this thread for a while. Can't wait for the matches, the backstory gives this match a feeling of epicness.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Look on the bright side. We're all so intent on seeing the video and hearing the end of the story that we may end up discovering the secret of immortality just so that we can wait forever for it.
Actually, I fore saw this and have already attained the secret to immortality.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not immortal, because I have a mortal wound on my head from where my brain exploded from laCK OF THIS DARN VIDEO!!!

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
LOL. You guys are hilarious. When it pertains to mortality, I believe we are all screwed.

Anyways, yesterday as my wife and I were having dinner, I got a phone call from my friend who just so happens to be getting the video ready. He said he managed to get it on disk, and that all I needed to do was pick it up and edit it to my hearts content. Now usually, I do not appreciate anyone calling me at 10:30 in the evening (yes, we were having dinner at 10:30 in the friggin' evening), but this was good news and I decided to let it slide this time, as it seems that the deciding factor between you all having immortal souls or not depends on this video! After I disconnected the call, I ask my wife if she could go pick up the disk the next day (which would be today, for all of you not keeping up).

This, for reasons unknown, seemed to irritate her. She seemed to not grasp the importance of this video. How do I know that? Because she asked me, "I don't know what is so d*mn important about this video." Now, my wife is not one to use that type of language on a regular basis. Therefore, I knew she was becoming frustrated with the mental occupation I've had the past month with this situation. Therefore, knowing that I would not be able to convince her of my convictions alone, I decided to show her how many people were waiting for this video. I lead her here, to Smashboards.com.

I told her to read the entire thread. Read the stories, the comments, the arguments, the encouragements... read EVERYTHING. I told her to notice the dedication of many of the smashers here, the words of wisdom dispersed at every opportunity, THE AURA (not the smell, the AURA) THAT FILLS THE ROOM WHEN READING JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE CHEERING FOR HER HUSBAND!

So she did. She read, and read, and read. She read for about an hour. As I observed her, I noticed moments of confusion, mental strain, anticipation... I saw frowns, smirks, eye rolls, and she even LOL'd a few times.

I knew she was all done when she stood up and started to stretch, indicating her desire to go to bed. I asked her, "So, what do you think?" She responded in the exact way I thought she would...

"LOL, you are all ********."

LOL! I couldn't help myself. She had just sat in front of a computer screen for the better part of the evening, reading our story, only to conlude that my cohorts and I are mentally disabled.

Now, hold on a second though! Before you go tearing into my wife, realize that this was expected! We smashers are on a different level than others. Just as we might call someone a "******" for loving to play with radioactive scorpions, others who do not know the ways of the smash will react in the same way to our fixation to a video game. Therefore, let us not say anything about my wife, but embrace her willingness to still go and get the disk for her mentally dysfunctional husband and his equally ******** friends.

Anyways, as it goes, I should have the disk by tonight. I am going to edit it, as it is attached to the same recording as my family reunion from 2 years back, and then post it here. Friends, your wait is almost done! Embrace me brothers! The time for our deliverance is almost at hand!

LOL, maybe my wife was right. I am just a little bit ********.

Just a little.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hahah, I couldn't have expected much better. You must've loved the response when you heard it.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Yeah. It was the best. And she didn't say it in a ridicule type of way. She said it in a way that a person would if they were watching a Jack4ss movie while laughing their butt off.

Anyways, that's how I was hoping she would respond, to be honest. If I could atleast get her to smile, then I knew she would be willing to indulge my smash fixation for a little while longer. Atleast until the end of the weekend.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
At least she doesn't hate smash with a passion. My girlfriend thinks it's something that she has to compete with, and honestly, I am lucky to get to play smash with my friends once a week these days. I don't see how it's much of a competition when I spend over three times more time talking with her than I do playing smash as well as clocked in way more driving time to see her than I have for any tournament, but most girls just don't get it and some refuse to even try and understand it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Another great addition, wonderful! It seems I got the day of of working for Friday so I will be looking forward to the video este!

Binx

Smash Master
My girl friend doesn't really understand either, she is really nice about it though. Haha. Funny stuff este. Can't wait, although I dont have any plans of attaining immortality so I can wait longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom