• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help taking my title back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
that was a great ending. youre an awesome storyteller, este.

and is it possible to have a second version of the vid with JUST the match to post up? if not thats fine, but i think it would be easier on everyone than having to get 5000 pms...and yes, that many people ARE reading this thread.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't know what to think. Not that I'm unhappy for you, because you certainly regained respect at your church and definitely gained respect here, but I feel underwhelmed. I think you should have won. How? I need yet to see the video, but how? All the time spent with your brother, you were seeing him improve right? Weren't you improving with him?

Oh well. The theme of this thread is "Reclaiming the Throne", but it turned out quite novely. After an anarchy period, where there was no ruler (aka, you not being there), the people cried out for a king again. They challenged you into doing it for them. They set up this tournament to declair who would be king over the Smash (locally of course). Giving you time to search for training, you turned to faceless sprits from far off lands. Through their words you were able to improve. Through their collective experiences you grew stronger. But as you stood there before them learning, a young sibling stood in the brush feasting off every word.

One night, while at the saloon, you were challenged. You had not been training long, but your skills were apparently well met. Bodies laid before you. Word spread about your victory that day, and that is when the training became more serious. You brother also caught word of the victory, and also began training.

The spirits helpped in the ways that they were knowlegeable in. Although he could not console with them every night, for domestic issues are far more important than becoming a great fighter, he kept learning and training. But ever vigilent to keep up with his older brother, the younger took note of the older's abilities and applied them in his own time, privately.

Many nights passed and one night the older came upon the house of his mother. His brother was there, training hard of course, so they began sparring. Amazed by his younger brother's abilities though, he still felt that he was better but was glad to see that the family was strong.

The night of the great tournament was upon him. This is where the next king would be found. Many challengers of the throne approached, many wwould never see the light of day again, figuratively speaking. Starting with the lower lives, he worked his way up quickly. Each match was just a punching bag, the only hits on him were the ones that he allowed. No challenger would ever be able to compete with him agian. Until word of a masked fighter began to rumble the audience. Who was it? His nemesis? The one that wanted to take the thrown from him? No, he was taken out by the masked fighter.

The tournament could not continue though, as family issues, weather, and time would not permit it. It seemed as if God wanted there to be more time for the brothers to keep practicing, for he knew that they would need it to claim the thrown without question.

Once again, the moon rose over the fight night. With the older brother on one controller, and the masked fighter on the other, they began. Both faught without mercy. They both read the others moves like open news articles to the public. Each time a move was discovered, another came out. Each blow was devestating. The former king took the lead, becoming confedent. The masked fighter though, was able to withdraw his feelings and continue the fight, gaining momentum and, eventually, the lead. All watching were surprised to see this fight occuring. The master was being greatly challenged by a no name. The battle continue on much longer than anyone could have anticipated.

Down to the wire, the former king got frustrated, feeling his confedence slip from him. How could someone be giving him this challenge? He continued to fight till the very end. With one last blow, he fell to the ground. He looked up at his competitor. Were all those hours of training wasted. Had the spirits mislead him in the arts of smash? Then, it hit him. He was able to see through the clever disguise and quickly hugged his competitior and held up his hand. There was a grand cheer from the audience.

The nemesis appeared from the crowed, "What do you chear for? This loser? He is not fit to be king!". The old king gave a hardy laugh to that. He responded "Yes, it may be true that I am not fit to be king. One day in the future maybe, but not today. But I will tell you who is." He turns to the fighter next to him and takes off his mask. "My brother".

Another cheer rings out. Then, fade to black. This is where we do the credits. What do you think? Montage ending, a blooper real, or just play a straight song? I don't know.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I was hoping for someone to vote that.

I would like to say two things:

Sorry for my complete destruction of English grammar and spelling throughout the entirety
of this thread

and...

Everybody! Huddle in. Let's get a group picture!

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Eh? Complete destruction of English grammar? I must've missed that from you...

*Huddles in with a big grin*

Cheers!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I re-read the entire thread after making my wall of text, I notice sever problems with grammar and spelling (especially Throne, not thrown...).

PS.

CLICK
Now where do you get screenshots developed? Wal-Mart?

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm just popping in to say that this thread rocked! Big time! Nooow then, any jobless film directors out there?

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I re-read the entire thread after making my wall of text, I notice sever problems with grammar and spelling (especially Throne, not thrown...).

PS.

CLICK
Now where do you get screenshots developed? Wal-Mart?
lol, like sever is supposed to be several and notice noticed :p.

But in all seriousness, excellently told este, and good going to your brother. I had this kinda premonition that some kind of upset like this was bound to happen...it always seems too. I hope that you may continue to be a good husband and good minister AND good smasher. But after finding out you didn't win, I now no longer want to see the video...why must you spoil such things for me ;_;

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, Corey, you are not the worst by far here. At least you punctuate, capitalize, and can be read. ^_^

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
lol, like sever is supposed to be several and notice noticed :p.

But in all seriousness, excellently told este, and good going to your brother. I had this kinda premonition that some kind of upset like this was bound to happen...it always seems too. I hope that you may continue to be a good husband and good minister AND good smasher. But after finding out you didn't win, I now no longer want to see the video...why must you spoil such things for me ;_;
Aren't you interested in seeing how well his bro did? I'm interested in a good match, no matter who wins. I do think it was weird though to have the final bout a 10 stock match. It should have been several 4 stock matches.

And yeah, I PMed Este and still haven't gotten a response yet.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
It seems that, unlike many of us who have nothing better to do but refresh this page and hope something happened, he has a life. This has been proven many times, unfortunately for us. XD

So stop complaining about not having a response yet! It doesn't help things! ^_^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It seems that, unlike many of us who have nothing better to do but refresh this page and hope something happened, he has a life. This has been proven many times, unfortunately for us. XD
You guys should do the following then:

1. Get a GMail account.
2. Set your smashboards settings to auto-subscribe to threads you've posted in, and to email you whenever a post is made in a subscribed thread.
4. Download GTalk

Whenever you're logged onto GTalk and someone posts in a thread you've posted in (say...this one), a mini tab comes up in the bottom right corner of your screen to let you know someone posted.

you'll spend DAYS looking for step 3 >_>

Corigames

Smash Hero
Or I can just keep refreshing this page!

F5... nope

F5... nope

F5... nope

WHERE ARE YOU ESTE!!! ESTE! ESTE. EStE. EstE. este. este...

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Holy Crap Cory. That was one of the most awesome posts I have ever seen. I was literally glued to my computer screen while reading your summary, despite the fact that I already knew the outcome. LOL. I showed it to my brother, and he literally would not calm down after he read it. He's not the kind of guy to read an entire 10 page thread, but he just had to see for himself the hype behind our epic match after reading your little recap. He was comparing himself to Rey Mysterio all night long after your "Masked Fighter" reference. (On a side note, my wife recently added my brother to the mentally disabled list. She just happened to be passing by as we were reading the thread in it's entirety, to which she again replied, "********!")

I took some pictures of us, just so you can see the faces behind the fighters. I look a little ridiculous, but hey... Think of this as the credits.

Este Beat Down
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/EsteBeatDown.jpg

Me In Minister Mode
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/EsteBeatDown2.jpg

My Better Half
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/EstesBetterHalf.jpg

Krotch Kicker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/KrotchKickerPlayingDDR.jpg

Lord Randy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/LordRandy.jpg

The Pie Maker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/ThePieMaker.jpg

I Own At All Games
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/IOwnAtDDR.jpg

My Guild Wars Website - The Fury Of Monkeys!
http://www.furyofmonkeys.proboards101.com/index.cgi

Also, I have not forgotten about you all and your requests for your video. My inbox is flooded with PM's, so I had better get on the ball. LOL. I've just been really busy. I've got a 25 minute talk I have been preparing for our Wednesday night service, so my time on the net has been limited. My guildmates in Guild Wars have let me know about my absense (LOL), but like you guys, they understand. Glad I have officers that can carry the ball for me while I am gone. I am also thinking of giving my brother the video and just letting him post it, since he has all day to do so with school being out and all. I will talk with him about it.

Hehehe, so I see alot of you all are suprised that I am a minister that "games" huh? I honestly thought I had mentioned that before... But yeah, I am a gamer. I think that is why I can relate to alot of the young ones in our congregation, not to mention I am young myself (24 years old). I try and keep them out of trouble on the weekends, so I invite them to gaming sessions when I am able. We all have alot of fun, and I think its a great way to associate. No rated "M" games though. LOL.

On a side note: Konami code PWNS.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Start.
Start's optional. It just either unpauses or starts the game.

Now then, on to the good stuff...

HUZZAH! HU-FREAKING-ZAH! VIDEOS!

Or that's what I assumed when I saw the links. But nooooo, they're just cruddy pictures. Pfffft.

Oh, who am I kidding?! I love this thread. ^_^

Here once again to say I can't freaking wait. XD

Corigames

Smash Hero
Thanks Este. for some reason though, I pictured you looking more like an older Roy, for some reason >_>. Anyway, get me that video soon. PLEASE.

Kop

Smash Rookie
Thanks Este. for some reason though, I pictured you looking more like an older Roy, for some reason >_>. Anyway, get me that video soon. PLEASE.
Lol! That was what I thought too. Before he showed us his picture I always thought of him as "someone who looked like Roy". Misleading avatars :(. <.<

Sky2042

Smash Apprentice
I also totally thought this man was going to be older. **** the English language! :D

Wtb video, pst. Willing to bargain the price.. say, how about you get coreygames and I get the video? :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Let me revive this thread with these questions:

1) Where'd Este go?

2) Has anyone gotten the video yet?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Saddend I am, for a champion may have been breed but forgot to the void of famelessness. We weap for thee.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Este, come back to us! I know you're gonna make me feel sad and stupid when you do come back and say that something happened in real life that makes perfectly logical sense and deserves attention, but you haven't yet and now we want that video! Rawr!

Please?

Ithias

Smash Rookie
i really hope este doesn't pull an angelobangelo
-_-; im still waiting for that moneymatch vid (for like 3 months now)
although it might've been posted, but a quick search for angelo's posts shows no more after like march so i kinda assumed he hadn't :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom