• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help taking my title back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So today is the day? Well, good luck. I hope you reclaim your thrown. Just remember, if you don't reclaim your thrown, there is an entire message board sitting here waiting for a revolution.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
When the wife is away, the men... they will play. Oh yes, they will play.

Gentlemen, the day is now upon us. As of right now, I have exactly.... 1 hour and 20 minutes before the tournament is underway. The brackets have been set, character's picked, and irritated wives gone.

All of those answers that made this thread somewhat interesting will be answered today! Animals will be hurt. Stock lives will be lost. And hopefully... Titles will be swapped.

Today is my day of destiny. Will I go down as the George Forman of Smashing? Or will I be put in my place to join the ranks of the "De La Hoyas?"

Only time will tell.

Onward! To the battlefield.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Hey all. I'm just letting you know that the tournament is not over. It was taking too long to finish (we had a really good turn out and had to make 2 seperate brackets) and well, we've decided to extend it to this Tuesday. This originally worried me as I thought this would give people time to plan for a counter attack against me, but I think everyone is too pre-occupied on their current matches to care about their future opponents.

One thing I will tell you so far is... I AM PWNING.

I am a bit tired right now, as you can tell by the quality of my post, but I will make sure to post the tournament bracket as it is right now first thing in the morning.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Well, keep pwning! Pwn for us! Pwn for the title! Pwn to humiliate your nemesis! ^_^
Totally rooting for you!

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I have to say, you all are awesome! Thanks for sticking around as long as you all have.

Now, before I post the brackets as they stand now, let me give you a little background info. The tournament rules are as is...

Tournament Rules:
Double Elimination
10 Life Stock
No Items
Final Destination
1 Character Change (Only When Sent To Loser's Bracket)

Of course, most of the people in the tournament you do not know. The notable ones however, are as follows.

IWillBeatYouSteve - [Sarcasm] Gee, I wonder who this is? [/Sarcasm]
Krotch Kicker - This is my brother. Keep in mind, he is one of my biggest threats, as he knows how to CC (although he forgets to apply it sometimes).
Nikko The Geeko - This is the gentleman who I spoke of earlier. No. 4 on the tier list.
Jimilius Ceasar - Numnuts. I hope he get's knocked out soon. Of course, he will try to find someway to blame me for it.
TF - This is my partner, the one who I have been showing the ways of the Smash. He's pretty good, but still not fast enough to counter the numerous Fox players we have in this tourney.

Other than them, everyone else isn't really noteable. Not saying they are not good, but that it would take too long to list them with any sort of meaningful backstory. It's best just to leave them faceless anyways, as most of them have already faced the insufferable shame of defeat!

Anyways, here are the brackets...

THE WINNERS BRACKET

THE LOSERS BRACKET

As you can see, things have somewhat taken a turn for my nemesis. I might take the title back without even having to face him! I have also managed to stick it out against some of the toughest competition in this tournament (especially an early run in with my partner and my brother). Right now, I sit on the heels of victory in the winner's bracket, with Nikko as my only roadblock.

EDITED: Hey ya'll. I decided to treat you all to another tournament we were having on Sunday night. Originally, I wasn't going to post this (since I think random teams tournaments are CRAP), but I decided to anyways. You all are entitled to EVERY aspect of my progress, even if it means seeing me get handed in a tag battle. The rules were the same as the latter, with the exception of the double elimination terms. Also, random teams were assigned (with the exception of the Force team, as their tactics seem to include whining and griping), and it seems as if I always get the short hand of the perverbial stick. Here are the team breakdowns...

WeWillBeatYouSteve - IWillBeatYouSteve & Jimilius Ceasar
The X-Men - Charles Xavier & Vincent
HeckYeahI'mWithEste - EsteBeatDown & My Name Here
Usin' The Force - Darth Halacrast & Darth Nihilias
OMG We Suck - OMG I Suck & FoxHasSteelToeBoots
The Krotch Kickers - Krotch Kicker & Frag Your It
Town and Country - TF & Nikko The Geeko
Team Randy - Lord Randy & The Pie Maker

The team I am most worried about has to be the pairing of WeWillBeatYouEste, as it contains two players (No. 1 tier and No. 5 tier) who have an obsession with beating me down like Rodney King. Originally, this would not be a problem if I had been paired with a teammate who could watch my back. Sadly however, I was paired with My Name Here, who happens to be towards the bottom of the tier list (No. 14 tier). That's not saying his skill is bad. He's good in singles and could be very good in tag. However, he refuses to work as a team, and would rather go off and try to be the hero by setting up some elaborate scheme rather than just back up the guy who he knows can win it for them if he didn't have to face two good players on his own BECAUSE the other guy is spending his time trying to set up an elaborate scheme! (CATCHES BREATHE) Some people just need to realize this. Some players are Batmans, and others are Robins. When Robins try to go off on their own and take on the Caped Crusaders role, he ends up getting both of them captured by the Joker. I can see the events unfolding as we speak, and I predict a 2nd round outing for me in this particular contest. I also predict that my nemesis and his teammate will win this round. Town and Country have a decent shot (No. 4 and No. 6 tier players), but sadly I don't think it's likely. And my brother is in a similar situation with his teammate that I am in (No. 3 tier with No. 12 tier), so I predict his outing in the upcoming round also. Ah well, I still have the main tournament. LOL.

Oh yeah, just thought I would mention this. The tier list is based on the places everyone finished in during the last tournament, and only the top 16 tiers were invited to participate in this contest.

So, any of you have any predictions?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
you win... durrrr.

Edit: For the last match you should pick Peach and then tell your opponent about crouch cancelling. After that, only use her d-smash. Then you can do my beloved d-smash to d-smash combo (It's like 70 damage or something + nice knockback). At your level you can even use that move just for edgeguarding to... Wow, I just realized that Peach absoulutely ***** new players...

Edit Edit: Lower the stock down to 4 and have best of three matches. The tournament will go much faster.

Samochan

Smash Master
Not to mention being all FD, chaingrabbing pwns. ^^ Two dsmashes into tech/roll chased chaingrab, oooh yeah. At 120%, fthrow/nair to the finish, I doubt they know they can jump/shine out of it at 80% or have the ability to do so.

squaminator

Smash Ace
peach without practice is bad. it'd be funny, though.

kick *** estebeatdown!

i predict your brother will meet you again in the finals, after a tough fight against TF and breezing by your nemesis.

cemo

white walker
Try to get a more experienced Smasher to come over for the next tourney, to show you guys stuff and whatnot.

Anyways, good luck tomorrow.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wow, I just caught and I gotta say. I thought your nemesis would do better, but, I beleive form what you've said, his problem is finding a way around you're crouch canceling, if he just starts grabbing you or di'ing away form you down smashes or hits after you CC him then he could go back into a combo status.

squaminator

Smash Ace
grabbing is a problem, but estebeatdown already said he can wavedash to compensate for that. thats even if he does find out about his "magic".

the rest of it isn't concerning IMO.

cemo

white walker
Yeah, from what I can tell your brother adapts much faster than your "rival".
Although, that maybe just be because you play him more.

And I second the motion for 4 stocks best out of 3s.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Prediction: Your bro takes out TF and meets you in the finals. From there, I certainly hope you win! I've got faith in you! You losing would put a downer on this thread!

Figures, your rival never even gets to you. XD

smashknight91

Smash Cadet
You are so lucky that you get to play with those guys and practice like that often. Cherish the oportunity you have to play with them and keep learning those techniques. Most importantly, have fun man! ;)

squaminator

Smash Ace
momorize the rest combos for jiggs and watch some videos of king for jiggs. Ken and Azen are model marth players, along with husband and neo. Also, remember to CC and di.

Anther

Smash Champion
Radical.. post your own thread =p... its not good forum ethics to do whatcha doing =p.

Edited: Well, it is =p.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, I deleted this because it was a response to Dreamer's post. I decided to send him a PM instead.

Again, thanks for all your support! I can't wait to see how you all treat my fellow smashers after I direct them here.

I also can't wait to see how you all respond to my nemesis. LOL. Don't be too critical now... Well, I guess just a little.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I must say Estebeatdown, you have quite a story going for you. I've read the entire thing end to end, and well can only really say that I'm ecstatic and hoping (though it seems unnecessary) for your victory. I now wish my dad hadn't moved from Texas, as I would've loved to come to Midland and smash with you and your ...acquantainces/nemeses. But anyway, good luck and have fun.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm... I wonder what happens when you direct everyone here and your nemesis finds this topic. The thought alone is worth a good laugh. XD
*Starts laughing*

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If that's the case, then here's a message from me to said nemesis:

HULKAMANIAS GONNA RUN WILD OVER YOU, BROTHER!!

Zodiac

Smash Master
EStebeatdown beats down! that should be in your sig! Anyway,this is quite a story, I keep coming back to check this forum, hope you can video up of one of your matches sometime.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you an update on the tournaments and such.

Sadly, we were not able to finish the tournament yesterday. As stated before, I am married. This simple fact prohibits me from doing whatever I want to, whenever I want to. Not that I couldn't, as my wife does recognize I am the head of the household. However, I try to live my life as a Christian to the best of my ability, and the bible states that (along with a wife recognizing that her husband is the head) the husband should love his wife deeply, and treat her as if she was his own body. In that essence, I took her into consideration and spent the afternoon with her. I love her, and even though some of you might disagree with me (I'm guessing those who aren't married, LOL), gaming comes in a distant third on my list of priorities... right after her and my ministerial church responsibilities.

With this in mind however, that's not to say the tournament didn't go on, so to speak. After learning that I was not going to attend last night, my brother picked up the reigns and held a number of pivital matches at his home. Not every one was there, so only a few matches were decided. And I did get to stop by for a moment (he lives right next door) to play one of my matches while my wife was getting primped up for our night out. All in all, even though I was not there for the majority, alot of questions were answered. I have updated the tournament brackets up above, so take a look at the standings as they are.

Also as I stated before, not everyone was there, so there are still some holes to fill. Hopefully, we will get to finish on Thursday or at the latest, Saturday.

Thanks for your support guys! Hopefully, when this is all over and I have gotten to scream "HULKAMANIA JUST RAN WILD OVER YOU, BROTHER!" (as suggested by Dazwa) in the perverbial faces of everyone, I can finally put this itch to rest... Until Brawl comes out that is.

Oh yeah, and regarding the video. We are borrowing some equipment from one of my relatives to record our final matches. It won't be anything fancy, but atleast you will be able to see the final epic battle! I wonder who my opponent will be. The suspense is killing me!

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Again, thanks for all your support! I can't wait to see how you all treat my fellow smashers after I direct them here.

I also can't wait to see how you all respond to my nemesis. LOL. Don't be too critical now... Well, I guess just a little.
You shouldn't do that imo. If your nemesis learns competitive play, he will probaly destroy you beacuase he plays fox, the best character in the game. If anything tell your brother to go here so he can take over your title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom