• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEC9: Philadelphia, PA. Sunday, December 7th.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Crappy turn out, lmao.

Oh well. It was fun anyways.

Doubles:
1: Mew2King and ChiboSempai
2: Inui and Atomsk
3: Snakeee and AndyG
4: Alex and Crismas
5: PRiDE and Blue

Singles:
1: Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
4: AndyG (Olimar)
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Olimar)
5: ChiboSempai (R.O.B.)
7: PRiDE (Yoshi)
7: Rush (Diddy Kong)
9: Blue
9: Jeron
9: Alex
9: Crismas
13: MasterChibi
13: SSZero

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk lost to Mew2King in winners and then AndyG in losers.

I lost to Snakeee in winners and then beat ChiboSempai and AndyG. I was denied yet another epic set with Atomsk!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, what a freakish character. Snakeee refuses to use her in friendlies against me and says it's because he doesn't want me to learn what to do.

His character is so gay. The d-smash is safe on block and you can't sidestep it. It also hits super far for no reason. Her f-b is also super cheap.

I don't know what to do against ZSS and probably never will due to how infrequently I get to play against her.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah, what a freakish character. Snakeee refuses to use her in friendlies against me and says it's because he doesn't want me to learn what to do.

His character is so gay. The d-smash is safe on block and you can't sidestep it. It also hits super far for no reason. Her f-b is also super cheap.

I don't know what to do against ZSS and probably never will due to how infrequently I get to play against her.
QFT. I suck vs ZSS. Ive played snakeee in a few online sets and lost. She is so annoying.

Im a little more used to her in terms of edgeguarding/punishing her recovery since my friend started to main her for awhile but overall im still bad at the matchup.

Edit: GJ AndyG, though I didnt expect you to lose to MK. But still good stuff.

Also why are you getting mad at Pride rofl

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Edit: GJ AndyG, though I didnt expect you to lose to MK. But still good stuff.
Huh? I usually **** Olimar and I'm an extremely experienced player. Me losing to AndyG would have been a huge upset.

Btw, thank God nobody in your state is a top ZSS. You all use MK/Dedede/Snake, characters I'm amazing against. :)

CO18

Smash Hero
Huh? I usually **** Olimar and I'm an extremely experienced player. Me losing to AndyG would have been a huge upset.

Btw, thank God nobody in your state is a top ZSS. You also use MK/Dedede/Snake, characters I'm amazing against. :)
I just know AndyG from online is all XD.

We have a really good Zss he just doesnt make it out to too many tourneys but hes really good. Not sure if hes gonna be at gigs or not.

I really only use DDD in singles. Ive refrained myself from using mk again in singles cuz I hate him so much. Only person I might still use him against is Rx- but well see.

I use mk in teams sometimes though.

Yeah weve got the mk/ddd/snakes in Fl.

Im pretty sure FL has more good Dedede's than any other state. Weve got 5 that can like consisntely get Top 10 at every tourney.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
When I played Snakeee at Xesticle he ***** me harder than anyone has ever beat me in tourney 2 stocking me twice.

After playing Sneak's ZSS alot I learned what it can do and was able to 2-0 Snakeee at one of your tournies Inui. You really need to learn the character and it won't be that hard. That's how I destroy Olimars. Force Atomsk to learn him and the match up should be easier.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Snakeee already knows the deal when he fights me DDD counters his ZSS lolz

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk wins with Dedede, though.

How do you guys fight that freakish cheap character? He only used Zelda/Sheik against me in friendlies and wouldn't let me learn the match-up.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Atomsk wins with Dedede, though.

How do you guys fight that freakish cheap character? He only used Zelda/Sheik against me in friendlies and wouldn't let me learn the match-up.
i stand there wait till he does something back throw but usually when hes at 100+ i spam up tilt
and his Sheik was beating up on my wolf with that f-tilt lock. good job at your placing snakeee.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Shoutouz:
1: Mew2King - Yay we won! Let's play beat the Inui!
2: Snakeee - Wow your amazing lol. I think this is the first time in a while that we've both been in a tourney and haven't gotten matched up.
3: Inui - I really liked our set, you're MKs gettin pretty dam nice. I had a lead both times and lost it :( Good stuff
4: AndyG - Too goodz, Olimar is broken. Snake v Toon Link MM happening soon lol.
5: Atomsk - We tied! We're just as good as each other!
5: ChiboSempai - 'gratz on winning doubles
7: PRiDE - Nice set
7: Rush - Welcome new ToS member
9: Blue - Double Sonic is brrrroookkkkenn (translates to: They're too slow!)
9: Jeron - Nice ROB
9: Alex - Sorry I dont like MM'ing GaWs lol, its ROBs worst matchup
9: Crismas - Fun friendlies. Haha beam swords are awesome
13: MasterChibi - You're practically stealing my name lol, you can't use it
13: SSZero - Glad you're entering tournies now, keep it up and you'll get good

Rocann

Smash Lord
1: Mew2King (Meta Knight) - That oreo cake looked REALLY good.
2: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) - Way too good.
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake) - Too close... next time (hopefully :()
4: AndyG (Olimar) - You can do better.
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Olimar) - Raising your hand was less embarrassing than I thought it would be.
5: ChiboSempai (R.O.B.) - Try eating the manchowder before the tourney next time. It improves your reflexes.
7: PRiDE (Yoshi) - Only played you in doubles. Really fun yoshi though.
7: Rush (Diddy Kong) - Here's hoping they let you in ToS. Too good for your first couple of tourneys.
9: Blue - Wow O_o
9: Jeron - ?
9: Alex - ?
9: Crismas - My controller is 8000 times cooler now, and you a dollar richer. Win-win.
13: MasterChibi - ?
13: SSZero - Come to more stuff!

Elitem42

Smash Rookie
I really wanted to come to this. Inui, what happened to your getting second like you told me you would on Saturday. JK man. I understand.

--Coma

Snakeee

Smash Master
When I played Snakeee at Xesticle he ***** me harder than anyone has ever beat me in tourney 2 stocking me twice.

After playing Sneak's ZSS alot I learned what it can do and was able to 2-0 Snakeee at one of your tournies Inui. You really need to learn the character and it won't be that hard. That's how I destroy Olimars. Force Atomsk to learn him and the match up should be easier.
Yeah, good stuff back then, but me and Faded Image agree that Falco is her toughest match up and I have someone else I'll be using next time we play :)

i stand there wait till he does something back throw but usually when hes at 100+ i spam up tilt
and his Sheik was beating up on my wolf with that f-tilt lock. good job at your placing snakeee.
Thanks, and I don't know why up tilt has been working against me when I've played you. Atomsk couldn't hit me at all with that when we were playing friendlies (and he hardly ever uses it in tourney). I was being stupid and trying to airdodge through you and do my own up-tilt...what a stupid thing to do :laugh:

Thanks for the shout outs guys. I'll do a few myself

Andy G it- was fun teaming with you, and I'm still shocked you took out Atomsk and almost Inui too. I have to stop underestimating people I call "wifi players."

Inui -Good matches and honestly if you were in my shoes I believe there's no way you would give people practice against your main too often either. I don't really like you blaming our sets completely on the match up knowledge, but I will admit that it is a nice advantage.
Well, also keep in mind that I had to come up with 99% of everything I do on my own. That includes ZSS' metagame, how to fight each match up, how to recover, etc. So, I put a lot more work into my character than most people have for theirs. I think you saying that Atomsk to play ZSS like I do in a day is nonsense, because she's one of the characters that take the longest to master. He can get to a decent level with her quickly, but to have all the experience someone like me has with her is a different story.

Atomsk - I'm so glad I didn't have to play against you lol. My biggest tourney threat besides M2K, but don't worry everyone has a bad day and at least it was at a tournament with a crappy turnout -_-.

M2K - I'm happy to be able to at least win a game against you still. I think it shows that the one game I won before wasn't a fluke. You use that Up-B with Meta just like Marth's...actually I do that too when I play him.

Pride - pretty good placing. Sorry, I couldn't warn you about the turnout but if you and Blue didn't show up it would have been even worse lol.

AlexStrife - you're getting better, and it shows in the friendlies we played. And, even though this turnout sucked, it was still fun hanging out with you guys.

Crismas - *Luigi dash attack* Don't forget to let me know about China Town Fair/Bubbletea :)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

MK main who spams tornado complaining about ZSS using words such as "super cheap"

LOL

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i'm not trying to be a ****, snakeee apparently seems to work very hard on his main

inui shouldn't be so blatantly disrespectful when he's maining a lame character such as metaknight, spamming tornado when he doesn't know a match up

the rest of the cast doesn't even have that option, stop whining

Inui

Banned via Warnings
the rest of the cast doesn't even have that option, stop whining
Dedede has shieldgrab camping in every match, as well as his massive weight to fall back on.

Olimar can run away and throw Pikmin and pivot grab camp in every match.

Falco always has the high-damage CG and laser camping.

Snake has grenade/C4 camping and just f-tilting out of shield all the time.

Game and Watch has b-air camping and u-b escapes.

Diddy Kong has banana pressure, or he can swap to camping with the bananas.

Every top tier character has nonsense they can spam when they don't know a match-up.

However, MK's nonsense only works on heavier characters. The stuff the other characters have easily works on everyone. ZSS ***** the tornado.

Snakeee said:
Inui -Good matches and honestly if you were in my shoes I believe there's no way you would give people practice against your main too often either. I don't really like you blaming our sets completely on the match up knowledge, but I will admit that it is a nice advantage.
Well, also keep in mind that I had to come up with 99% of everything I do on my own. That includes ZSS' metagame, how to fight each match up, how to recover, etc. So, I put a lot more work into my character than most people have for theirs. I think you saying that Atomsk to play ZSS like I do in a day is nonsense, because she's one of the characters that take the longest to master. He can get to a decent level with her quickly, but to have all the experience someone like me has with her is a different story.
I think that if someone directly asked me for practice against a strange character I wouldn't refuse. Atomsk gave me a lot of practice against Olimar, which is why I can beat that freak. It negated his chances to beat me in tourny, but he still did it in order to help me in a match-up. I guess me getting better helps him a lot since we're crewmates and doubles partners, but still. I think if I knew how to fight your character I'd have a much better chance, possibly the greater chance, of winning. I guess I learn match-ups slowly.

I wouldn't need Atomsk to have your level of experience to get me good against ZSS, lol. I'd only need him to have experience against the characters I play. Brawl isn't a hard enough game that it takes eons to get good with a character.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well thanks a lot for backing me up there Neo

Inui, I would probably give you help in the match up if there were other ZSS mains around here that you should actually worry about. Not trying to put down other ZSS players, but at least no one in our region really plays her at all. So any training I give you would be solely to beat me which you're admitting is the reason you want to play against her anyway. And, I'm not saying Atomsk can't learn ZSS, but it will take longer than most characters. He does have a head start though, since he's played against me quite a number of times.

By the way, it's kind of ridiculous how you listed all the broken tactics of the top tiers, and are complaining that one of Metaknight's broken moves isn't as effective on ZSS as on other characters. So.....you're complaining that you have to fight me in an about even match up???

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm complaing that you have a vast amount of experience against my character and know exactly what to do while I know next to nothing about fighting yours.

I can't fall back on the tornado, or even d-air camping, against ZSS. She shuts down both options.

I was just proving NEO wrong about only MK having the option of falling back on something extremely gay when you lack match-up knowledge.

The problem with MK's gayness is that it is negated by lightweights.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I'm complaing that you have a vast amount of experience against my character and know exactly what to do while I know next to nothing about fighting yours.
I have fought one other MK and that was xzax for two games which didn't do much for me. you have who you claim to be the best olimar in the country to practice against all the time. you don't hear me johning about it. just take it and get it next time

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Inui - I don't really like you blaming our sets completely on the match up knowledge
That's what he does all the time :laugh:. Prior to playing Chu he said he had matchup experience against Kirby from Atomsk then complained Kirby was a weird character and that Atomsk's Kirby sucked so he had no experience against Kirby. Earlier then that, he complained that he lost a Snake ditto set against Yes because he had no experience in Snake dittos. He probably didn't but Yes hadn't traveled OOS at all yet and no one in NJ besides him and Inui play Snake frequently so he didn't have experience fighting Snake period. Inui had Snake practice from OOS and probably some from Ether when they were in Montage, but that didn't keep him from johning about it

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman

I can't fall back on the tornado, or even d-air camping, against ZSS. She shuts down both options.

I was just proving NEO wrong about only MK having the option of falling back on something extremely gay when you lack match-up knowledge.

The problem with MK's gayness is that it is negated by lightweights.
is that why tornado worked against Boss?

and as far as MD/VA at this tourney... wouda been there, but had to work, darnit.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Well thanks a lot for backing me up there Neo

Inui, I would probably give you help in the match up if there were other ZSS mains around here that you should actually worry about. Not trying to put down other ZSS players, but at least no one in our region really plays her at all. So any training I give you would be solely to beat me which you're admitting is the reason you want to play against her anyway. And, I'm not saying Atomsk can't learn ZSS, but it will take longer than most characters. He does have a head start though, since he's played against me quite a number of times.

By the way, it's kind of ridiculous how you listed all the broken tactics of the top tiers, and are complaining that one of Metaknight's broken moves isn't as effective on ZSS as on other characters. So.....you're complaining that you have to fight me in an about even match up???

Don't respond anymore, Snakeee

lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Inui: ZSS is gay. I can't fall back on doing one thing over and over and win.

Top Bottom