• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT & 2GG Presents: Nice Shot Hugo RESULTS UP Pools + Bracket

forward

Smash Champion
Do you think we'll be able to play friendlies during B pools? If not then it's not fair to players in A pool because the B pool players will be more warmed up for the bracket.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Festizzio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J666!!!!

Do you think we'll be able to play friendlies during B pools? If not then it's not fair to players in A pool because the B pool players will be more warmed up for the bracket.
I think, judging from the section on spectator fees in the first post, that tournament players will be allowed some friendlies during the tournament. It implies that by saying that, "You may play friendlies during the morning and evening, but never when the tournament is actually going on. That's a right that you earn by entering the tournament." So it looks like we should be able to, as long as there's an open TV that isn't being used, which will happen if enough people bring set-ups.

Charoo

Smash Champion
yes there will be friendlies. Since Group B will have 7 people in their pool, they only need 3 tv instead of 4 tv. So there will be open TV for use.

for that matter, are pools going to be posted in advance?
sheridan is seeding it right now. So if he can send it back to me by tonight then yeah it'll be post in advance. He should be able to

my goal for doubles is to get as much done as possible in one hour. Then when pool starts, teams that are not playing in pools will play their doubles match. This will happen until it's not possible. Then when single bracket start, doubles will be finishing off by then.

If done correctly, there should be like 10 friendlies tvs at least starting from 4pm. As long as everyone come on time and don't be late

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
im just posting this in both threads in case you stopped reading the other one:

connor told me he MIGHT be teaming with sfat (idk what's up w/ this, i havent talked to him today yet)

but if me and connor are still teaming, can you please change our team name to

"The Suite Life of Zorc and Cody"

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
what sort of things are going to be considered when creating the pools?
my main concern is players in the same crew getting matched up in the same pool, which is uber lame.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Champ, how about if I try to make pools today, then I'll post them in this thread and people can tell me if there are any pools with too many people in the same crew/region or something?

Also I need to know if any people that need seeds aren't on the pre-reg list. Is Zhu coming, for example?

DJMirror

Smash Master
So.....

SuperRad - I miss you =(
Shroomed - $3? Doc Mario (I need money to mm other people! sorry!)
HugS - Sick *** Ganon? $5 (this is going to be dumb as ****)
Naota - $5 Fox (this is going to be tough as ****) (This guy is not going to show up huh?)
Tai - $4 total ($2 Marth/$1 fox/$1 falco)
SFAT - $?? (Fox/Sheik)
Sheen - $3 (Fox) -Another tough set to do with but i gotta try-
Little England - $2 each (Fox/falco/Falcon) -ah crap...-
PockyD - Marth vs Sheik $2

OoS players get first dibs haha

The Rules are All Neutrals (i'm not sure if you wanna include PS but we'll see) anything above $3 is 3/5, $2 or lower is 2/3

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
hey p

wanna MM?

any character you want, neutrals only, bo5?

EDIT: oops

$2 per character max 3 chars?

pockyD

Smash Legend
agh I forgot about setting up MMs

Here's my list from SCSA

Jkun (Marth) $2
Jkun (Sheik) $1
Jkun (Fox) $1
Fiction $2
FlameWaveK $3
zBOREDOMKINGz $3
WestBallz $5

anybody want to join in and/or change your terms? (and/or aren't coming so i can take you off)

I main sheik and I'm decidedly mediocre... I'd prefer not to have set-character MMs though (if we do set characters, we do neutrals only - otherwise, tourney rules)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
wanna mm pocky, i love marth v bad sheiks (no offense)

tlr, you got it. i'll go sheik/marth/fox, maybe falco instead of sheik if you're really easy (no offense)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
only if you really want to MM, Fly. I want some competitive money matches; not pity MM's. :)

edit: I think McCain wants to MM you for $100 Fly. but we all know he's gonna end up losing to your Sheik!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
MMs:
Jason 2/1/1
BuddhaLova 5/2/2
Johnny: 2 (unconfirmed)
Stab: 2
Festizzio 2-3 (please decide before the tourney)

Anyone else?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
fly is a liar; he plays friendlies like tournies imo, so of course his mms will be the same.

and me and connor are already gonna mm a ton =)

axe i wanna mm your falco for w/e

fly let's mm for $5

s2j obv we're mming

pocky whatever the most you're comfortable with is.

if wesBALLZ is going to this mm me plz $10

LuCKy

Smash Master
since everyone is talking about mms

people get at my falcon :]

ill be glad to take some rematches p

and johnny you're the main goal im going for on my falcon mm list lol sup

Adam M!

Smash Lord
im prolly not gonna mm people who **** me

sorry im not ready to get better yet

AXE 09

Smash Master
i have a question

how does HSR work?

let's say i pick pikachu the first match and win. will they be able to pick counterpick stages if i plan on going falco the second match?

same with falco. if i choose him for the first match and i plan on going pikachu the second match, can they still pick a counterpick stage?

MMs so far:

Bizzarro Flame (Pika vs Ganon, $2)
durr (Falco vs ???, $?)
Little England (any chars, $2)

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'm down for some MMs

but if it's somebody like tai or little england you have to seek me out cause i'll definitely forget
the only one i'll remember is JOHNNY
let's mm for 10 clams (or 5 if you'd rather)

good players, i'll come to you ;)

-joe

Top Bottom