• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Foxy

Smash Master
I think this is all pretty accurate. This is usually an obstacle most states have to go through because there are usually only one or two of each character in a state. That's the main reason why highly populated areas have high skill levels; they get practice vs. different styles of the same character.

Although, if you really learn most decision points, you can get pretty good without being that clever. Although I guess that wouldn't be pro level, and that's what you're talking about.

Also, air dodging is almost never good for some characters, theoretically. It is very applicable for most floaties, because their air-dodges are better. Spacies are only going to use airdodges when they are really close and with a jump (i think?). Any other time you're pretty much auto dead. I mean, if you play m2k or someone and airdodge with a non-floaty, you're going to die, and it's going to be purely reaction based.
Yeah, I was saying theoretically it's not an option. Practically speaking, it does work. Although, in situations that aren't the ones that I mentioned that it's good, you're pretty much gambling and hoping your opponent doesn't mess up. That's why I try to use it only when I'm desperate.
That probably goes along with our individual perspectives on the metagame and exactly what leads to winning or skill. But I'm not sure how to explain it right now I'm not heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm teaming with jim if we can go. unless like...i have to team with someone to get a ride. i wouldn't really be against that but... jim is only going for doubles, so have that one on your conscience. jerk.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
so no go for you guys to come here? :( i have a hard decision
We already ordered the boxes and don't want to travel to duke and drop more money when we had already told lots of people a month ago that "Hey, let's draft Oct. 30th at the brawl tourney".

Sorry. :/

IDK How many people we have now. Me, Paii, ledger, jon, devin, daniel, karn, mullins, daivd, makes 9 definites. then davids bro, SOS, justin, djrome, makes 4 maybes for 13 total. If you can bring 3 people excluding yourself and every maybe drafts, we'd have enough to do two drafts. (And I think Karn is bringing a box? Karn?)

Foxy

Smash Master
We THINK we can use North Hall but we're just assuming based on last year and have no permission

I've asked people on campus to double check but nobody has yet

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Hey man are you coming to this?
I thought I could for a little while, but now, I doubt it. the next 3 weeks for me are inundated with exams, college apps, and other assorted ****ty things. And stingers, lol I was joking, wifi dubz are good enough for me.

Foxy

Smash Master
me wally stingers mekos etc

we all know how much you can learn to coordinate online and it's a really big deal in brawl teams probably much more than individual skill

you guys should definitely team at least once

keith did they all get you to join them?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well.... kinda lol. i recovered my account from a year and a half ago, cause apparently i needed to merge old wow with some battlenet BS. anyways im not going to play until Catacombs comes out, but i am using a trial account just to see the new stuff they did. Hunters having focus instead of mana? i approve greatly.

but what i dont like is... i dont see viper or serpent sting as skills... wtf

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
well.... kinda lol. i recovered my account from a year and a half ago, cause apparently i needed to merge old wow with some battlenet BS. anyways im not going to play until Catacombs comes out, but i am using a trial account just to see the new stuff they did. Hunters having focus instead of mana? i approve greatly.

but what i dont like is... i dont see viper or serpent sting as skills... wtf
Youll get them soon, im sure.

Serpent sting is actually pivotal to your rotation.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Jon played wow from late 08 up until like june of this year or something.

he loved it, me and a few other quit, so he was all alone. he found a new arena buddy and kept playing. Whenever starcraft 2 came out is when he quit WoW actually. He would most likely still be playing if starcraft 2 did not come out.

For those who do not know Jon?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
It is less amusing by far, but not ****ty

more than 11 million people play the game.... dats mo den Hawo weach and barcraft combined.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I really can't stand computer games for some reason. I feel like if I could play WoW on a TV with a controller that wasn't a keyboard I would be fine but I don't like playing games on the computer.

Top Bottom