• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
mother **** I don't want to be seen as an alternate to the state tourneys. My tourneys are going to be legit and hopefully just as popular as the state ones. They are just here on the weekends that state doesn't have theres so NC has more tourneys. I dont want state and duke competing for brawlers. Not getting good attendance is what cause State to shut down in the first place. Boohoohoo. Please everyone don't look at the 2 tourneys as competing against one another. Just come to both......please!
He has a point. State smashers think they are to good to travel.
Uncle you should go to both.
My bad. I should have only spoken for myself, since that's who my statement really applies to. Ideally, I'd go to both tourneys in a heartbeat. Durham isn't far from Cary at all. The problem is that I go to college in Charlotte.

On top of that, I can't really come home at my leisure because I don't have my car with me. My terrorist of a brother is currently using it to commute to Wake Tech. As for my parents, they need to drive too. Every car we own is being used, and I'm the odd man out since I live on campus. When I come home, I always take a train. I try to time my home visits with tourney dates. Due to all of these inconveniences, I can't come home as often as I want. This is why I'm basically choosing between NCSU and Duke, as much as I hate to do it. I can't go to both, unless someone helps me out for one of them.

Yeah, there are other players at my school who have cars (I rode with them to HERB3 and MLG Raleigh, in fact), but I'm not sure they'd be willing to drive all the way to bi-weeklies like NCSU and Duke. Also, I know that Snap lives pretty close, so if you're willing (and have space), Snap, I'd love to ride with you one of these days.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
My bad. I should have only spoken for myself, since that's who my statement really applies to. Ideally, I'd go to both tourneys in a heartbeat. Durham isn't far from Cary at all. The problem is that I go to college in Charlotte.

On top of that, I can't really come home at my leisure because I don't have my car with me. My terrorist of a brother is currently using it to commute to Wake Tech. As for my parents, they need to drive too. Every car we own is being used, and I'm the odd man out since I live on campus. When I come home, I always take a train. I try to time my home visits with tourney dates. Due to all of these inconveniences, I can't come home as often as I want. This is why I'm basically choosing between NCSU and Duke, as much as I hate to do it. I can't go to both, unless someone helps me out for one of them.

Yeah, there are other players at my school who have cars (I rode with them to HERB3 and MLG Raleigh, in fact), but I'm not sure they'd be willing to drive all the way to bi-weeklies like NCSU and Duke. Also, I know that Snap lives pretty close, so if you're willing (and have space), Snap, I'd love to ride with you one of these days.
lol no worries; I really hope u can make it to both. Snap said that he would probably come to these and if he came he would probably be bringing sushi and kadaj. So it sounds like there will be one extra seat in his car.

Please snap help out the only badazz bowser we have!!! I wanna take on this bowser so badly. I've never seen bowser played in tourney aside from Mr. Eh but I wanna go against a legit bowser so bad. If not, I guess I can just friendly uncle at NCSU. But I would love for the koopa king to be able to make a presence at all NC tourneys.

Foxy

Smash Master
They finally got back to me after a week, but no luck. =[
It's a pretty popular room.

So, our only option is if we want to try to use North Hall as the alternate venue again - but that's always kind of a mystery, it's supposedly free to do whatever you want in, one RA we asked the first time said that as long as it wasn't being fully reserved, we could have the tournaments there, and we've obviously had a number of them there (including the biggest one). I've always felt a little odd about it though, seems to me that bringing 20-50 people with equipment on no notice to a publicly available room, and be generally really loud (although that only bothers people actually in the room until later at night).

Obviously we've done it there many times and explicitly stated what we wanted to do and got a go-ahead the first time, and countless people have of course seen the tournaments going on there and there have never been any complaints or such.

I guess it's up to whoever lives at North Hall this semester (I think Flamingo does, does anyone else?) to decide, since it's the resident of the building that takes the responsibility for anything that goes wrong (unlike Bragaw where I'm signing onto responsibility with the application).

Also, it's a new school year and sometimes policies change, someone might want to double check with an RA if it's still publicly available for large group events as long as a resident is part of it.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yay......my prior obligations may end at 3 on this day......meaning I should most definitely make it to singles. wootwoot!!!

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
FOXY, I AM FINE WITH NORTH HALL.

wait.... is that where the first one was at?? err... the one with bill/me/yay/lozr/brawl+/david and all that ****? the one that's in that commons area upstairs? cuz that's by far the better one.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
ugh foxy's just trollin cuz now the most people ever will come

ur so see-through austin step ur game up

stingers

Smash Obsessed
advertise this one, and bill it as a pre-halloween smashfest/tourney and tell people to like dress up if they want and shiz...idk, lets get this big, get off ur ***** ncsu =x

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
****, if this is on the 30th, I'm gonna miss it. Weirdly enough I'll miss it because of homework from a class I'm taking at NCSU. god ****, pick a better date bro.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I was hoping a separate thread would actually be made for round 9. Then I realized that with 646 pages of posts, there was probably a bit of discussion of 9. Anyway, yeah **** my life.

Top Bottom