• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
So October 30th confirmed?
please do it october 30! I want a tourney so bad. And a tourney coinciding with halloween will let me test out a/some costume ideas. Still pretty sure I'm going as the green ranger though. Either that, or a kickazz bluejay with a laser gun.

Foxy

Smash Master
October 30th confirmed for my intended date - as usual I'll have to go to state as soon as is convenient to fill out the form and try to get the room reserved. If that works out, it'll be official. But consider it confirmed.

We actually hosted one last year on Halloween - it was pretty fun.

I won't update the OP until we make some more decisions about the events and such.

Basically - I'd love to run Brawl and Melee, but Brawl itself takes a whole day to run well, especially if we want lowtiers (and I really do), and we'd have to work out a crazy 2-day event for Melee. However, there still might be a solution for that. I'd like to give the Melee crowd a reason to show as well.

I'm still going to be running pools for Brawl, especially if we have a number of newer players come this time (I heard a couple of people mention it). It gave us an excellent spread of results for the recent Brawl PR's while giving newer players more experience.

Tentatively, I want to have Brawl Singles with pools, Brawl Doubles, and Lowtier Singles. Anything more would probably be a pretty strict schedule, depending on setups and such (which I personally am a hypocrite about because I haven't worked out my hacks to make my setup usable).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i would play zelda no matter what tiers were done, lol. js, D is bigger and opens up more options then that tiny low tier

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Anything more would probably be a pretty strict schedule, depending on setups and such (which I personally am a hypocrite about because I haven't worked out my hacks to make my setup usable).
Send me a PM or IM sometime and I can get you set up. Not now though. Studying/bed for 3 test tomorrow, yay.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Oct 30 or beyond is fine for me.

Anyway, in the interest of time, I really think you should just stick to Brawl singles and doubles, Foxy. Anything else added on will be too risky, especially if you want to do pools.

If you were to work out a two-day event, though, then I say bring on the Melee singles, doubles, and Brawl low tier singles.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Keith, ur gonna actually be able to use jiggz in this tourney then....lol

cause she sux in this one

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol nah

brawl low tier, im going ike

GG everyone else.
Prepare to get juggled to 50% with Zelda Upsmash and then have gimp-status stamped to your head when I switch to sheik. Hope I go against you first round lol.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
keith u relize ike is out of low tier now right?
new teir list and everything...
where is this new tier list you speak of?

edit: nvm I found it; I'm glad ZSS is moving up; and I am excited they created the new Zelda/Sheik (i've been saying they needed this for the longest time); but I don't she is adaquately placed; a Zelda/Sheik should be in the top 20; they each have solid match-ups on a good portion of the cast; and switching between them for their tough match-ups should bring those a little closer. But I guess 23rd isn't a bad placing.

LOL at Zelda dropping below link. By time competitive brawl ends Ganon will be above her. LMAO

Foxy

Smash Master
GofG had almost the first sticky thread in the Lucas forums :3
oooooooooooooldschool lucas

anyways

stop talking about tiers

okay snap wario is trash

he will be legal in lowtiers hes so trash

happy

Top Bottom