• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I've just never landed an fsmash of any consequence on a competent player.

I'm pretty terrible though.

Oh, it sped up by about 50%, btw. It's only got the last part of the warlock punch animation.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
fsmashes are really easy to land in ganon dittos.
though thats the only time I use ganon, so maybe they're just really easy to land

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Let's go outside and have a joint.

And then me and M2K were blunt buddies and the world was awesome. We had adventures and all sorts of fun.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Singles Results (there was no doubles)

1) Ragnarok
2) Shady Penguin
3) Bebi/Villain/Keith
4) Foxy
5) KillerSOS
5) Mekos

I think that's about right.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol results are never what i expect. i go in thinking shady will win and keith wins. i go in thinking shady will win and rag wins. good stuff rag

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol results are never what i expect. i go in thinking shady will win and keith wins. i go in thinking shady will win and rag wins. good stuff rag
its because me, shady, rag, and foxy are all so close in skill, its really a coin flip each time and really depends if someone is having a good or bad day. Stingers is like the pp of the brawl community, because he is clearly better than all of us.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
no i thought he still played.
but **** my b ledger sorry to be so quick to judge.

lack of interest in smash is just a characteristic of someone who plays brawl, so i made a poor assumption. i forgot that the same sentiment for a brawl tourney could be expressed by someone who plays melee, but also used to play brawl. no hard feelings bro.
No hard feelings. I was just being emo because I just finished working my way through several dozen logical errors in my program, then commenting it and spending 2 hours filling out bull**** testing scenarios and I wasn't really in any mood for people giving me **** for not going, haha.

EDIT: Brawl players in general probably have a LOT of interest in smash, just because it takes a huge amount of dedication to continue playing a game where people are willing to play like Keith's MK, or Keith's Wario.

Keith, jk bro, you're a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
do u not agree with this statement?
Not really

Don't get me wrong Keith you've been improving like crazy and you have killer potential.

But at the same time, you four are not close in skill enough to call it "a coin flip determines the outcome"

Shady still beats all three of you most of the time and outplaces all of you. Foxy I have not really seen play enough to say much about him. Rag and you I will agree with though to an extent, Rag is quite inconsistent (sorry bro), he's an amazing Brawl player, but sometimes he doesn't do as well as he should. As for you, I would say you guys (you and Rag), tournament-wise, are on par especially with recent results. But as far as skill goes, I still think Rag is a little better than you.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
it is true that shady has one more tourneys overall then us... ehh its rely hard to decide. the top 2 are definitely stingers, shady. I out placed rag at ncsu 6, he outplaced me and foxy at billfest and ncsu 7. and i outplaced foxy at ncsu7. its hard to decide.

stingers, shady, rag, bebi, foxy. in that order? (if just looking at ncsu 6,7 and billfest).. to hard to decide, thats why im not on the panel lol

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
Rag beat shady twice this tourny. once with dk and once with mk if I'm not mistaken.

edit: I had a good time at this as always. even tho I lost early to foxy and shady I thought I did pretty good. idk I just felt more prepared and smarter this tourny. but I'm not done learning yet.

and foxy's dk it legit.

can't wait for the summer bros.

Foxy

Smash Master
Shady didn't win 2 or 3 tournaments in a row due to losing to Rag/Keith/Foxy. I think it's safe to say that he is within our skill range.

I really do agree with Keith's statement 100%, we're pretty close in skill, and it's just about who has a good or bad day that determines results (although I would say it's more the other three, and I'm slightly below them).

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Shady didn't win 2 or 3 tournaments in a row due to losing to Rag/Keith/Foxy. I think it's safe to say that he is within our skill range.

I really do agree with Keith's statement 100%, we're pretty close in skill, and it's just about who has a good or bad day that determines results (although I would say it's more the other three, and I'm slightly below them).
To be fair, I've never even lost a single round to you out of the 3-5 sets we've played.

I did just 3-0 Keith and he only closely 2-1'd me last time with a new style I wasn't used to.

As for Rag, I'm not sure how it'll go next time we play, but I do have a good overall history against him. Kudos to him for his well-earned victory though.

Not to sound arrogant, but this is the truth.

Top Bottom