• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Jon?

Smash Champion
@SOS: I play one of the most boring characters to watch in singles but I still have fun playing. Maybe it's just me.

@Keith: Don't **** up your scholarship and lose it for nothing.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Stingers: Wake is kinda expensive. I don't think where you go to undergraduate is important so it is just best to save the most money. Although sharing stories with ppmd would be nice.

Jon: haha alright good deal. I will mostly likely go to nc state anyways

Villain: i am an imbecile. i know a few people going to alabama from my school b/c of scholarships. Yeah i will most likely go to ncsu

Duo55

Smash Ace
Jon I agree.
Rag, me and mits are taking a break from teaming with each other for a while. If I recall correctly, me and you had pretty good teamwork last time we teamed. You wanna team at the next event? I know you team with dub, but he never comes anymore. :( anyway its up to you man. I think we would ****.

Also, for the record, I was never intending on switching to MK, I was just saying that for the reaction. I'm a fox main through and through, and I'm not changing (Unless Leon S. Kennedy was the next featured character of Smash) Fox is the man.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Good shiz Sushi. I think Wake Forest is more of a Liberal Arts school from what I know. State has a new lab for chem majors that they built a few years back. It's really nice and it's on the newer side of campus.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
No, its not terrible, but its not what I wanted, and personally I think I should have won. But your right stingerz, all I can do is try harder next time. Also, don't ever underestimate shady. If you get comfortable on him he will **** you up. Good **** btw shady, those ffas were fun. I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishment man, I just don't dont think I gave you my best.
I understand and Shadow Moses is the best stage in Brawl, bar none.

As for the MK debate, I have no strong feelings on it anymore, but I suppose I still support banning him. I have no personal rage or QQ stories about MK, but he's still a little too op in my opinion.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
KOS-MOS needs to be in the next Smash...I'd main her no questions asked. idgaf about tiers

shady how much did u win for 1st?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
duo, do u ever use the grab release upsmash on mk's?

@ stingrz, i had a 2.4475 in high-school and need a 2.5 for the scholarship. ( i bull ****ed in highschool) so the reps from the university told me to either go and talk to my principle to either sweet talk her to putting my GPA .5 higher, or use my wake Tech GPA. once thats done im set to leave for next spring. who knows, i may end up just d.icking down my principle and she will give me the extra points.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
"Top 5 payout is basically standard at ALL Ohio tournaments and most MW tournaments. Since this system started the MW has been the only region to see GROWTH over the last year in tournament attendance/frequency. I would recommended TO's everywhere payout top 5 regardless of the size of the event (I mean if its like 8 people maybe not but anything over 13 or so it great."

i think we should start doing this too. nc smash needs some new peeps.

@keith: lmao good luck dude

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
@Seth: You're Wario's gotten a lot better since the last time I played you. Sorry about the lame laser lock I got on you on Battlefield. It was the most hype I've ever gotten from my singles matches.
I swear to god me and jon play eachother every tournament. It's about time our matches got some hype. the laser lock was hilarious wario looks funny as hell bouncing on the ground like that.

oh and good teams games. that cosby guy was mad legit.

work on that meta matchup. Once you get it down you should be placing top 3.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
How in the world is top 5 payout related to growth in the scene?

Or do you just mean growth in tournament attendance? What a weird thought.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Omni forfeit his matches bc he had to run the ****ing tournament that was already 3-4hours behind schedule.

nobody would play their matches if i didn't force them to, it was kind of really stupid.

why cant the brawl players find their opponents on their own like the melee players did? -_-

Duo55

Smash Ace
thats another thing, this tournament is awesome cuz there were like 43 entrants in brawl for a bi-weekly. That is amazing, and a couple of no names stood out this time and made top ten. I hope they return. Foxy keep up the good work.

Also shady, that snake ditto ffa on shadow moses was probably the most fun match of the night for me lol. I was probably caught on fire by explosions 95% of the time XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Top 5 payout means that new players kinda think they have more of a chance. Its just, seeing more people get paid kinda makes them think it's more realistic, and they stick around longer. I think its a good idea.

and I hope all you guys were tellin all the new people to check out smashboards and stuff. we could use more ppl posting here as well.

Jon?

Smash Champion
If we increase pay out to top 5, we would get more entrants. I got fifth place at this 40+ man tournament and I feel I didn't accomplish anything since there was no prize/reward. There are lots of people who think like it is pointless to enter since it is just throwing their money away. More entrants means more hype.

@Stingers: I agree. I think tournaments with more than 25 or 30 people should do payout to top 5. At least let 5th place get their entry fee back.. shoot.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i heard stockfield beat sauce. thats pretty cool, glad to see him doin some damage. but on sauces defense he dosent play as much as he did last year. ( even though is oli is legit and he shouldn't get discouraged)

btw i was wrong about flamingo. he was always my boi, but i used think he had a lame a.ss ,nub a.ss, campy a.ss mk, but he has gotten alot better.

edit: from what i've seen, fox and jiggz are more broken in melee, than mk is in brawl, just sayin

Duo55

Smash Ace
duo, do u ever use the grab release upsmash on mk's?

@ stingrz, i had a 2.4475 in high-school and need a 2.5 for the scholarship. ( i bull ****ed in highschool) so the reps from the university told me to either go and talk to my principle to either sweet talk her to putting my GPA .5 higher, or use my wake Tech GPA. once thats done im set to leave for next spring. who knows, i may end up just d.icking down my principle and she will give me the extra points.
MK has to sky break on purpose in order for it to work, and NO mk does that. Also I think he has enough time to jump aire dodge anyway.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Top 5 payout means that new players kinda think they have more of a chance. Its just, seeing more people get paid kinda makes them think it's more realistic, and they stick around longer. I think its a good idea.
Eh, maybe for Brawl. When Melee tournaments get about 10-15 entrants around here it's kinda silly to pay out to top 5.

Interesting thought though. Can't say I'm crazy about the idea really, but it's interesting.

@Keith's edit: how do you figure?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I really think top 5 payout should be standard for any tournaments with 13> entrants. It really makes ppl feel like they have more of a chance. Ohio uses 48/22/14/8/4/4. lets start doing that.

I mean for first place, does the difference between 100 and 80 really mean that much to you? But for the people that get 4th, and 5th, just seeing some compensation for their work really means a lot.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe it's just for me, but when I started playing, I didn't feel like I should have gotten money when I got 4th at my first tournament. I felt like money was a right reserved for top 3, and I had to work for it, since that had more meaning.

What I guess I'm saying is, Top 5 is good, but at smaller things, it's not THAT good. Top 3 almost always is worth paying out to though since it should be rewarded moreso than just acknowledging the prestige that top 5 comes with.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ duo. what? nah man, when ever u grab, pummel 3-4 times then stop. ur grab has them in the air so they almost always air release.

@ pp, stignrz is right about top 5 payout getting more attendance. dont know how it is with melee cause i dont know how many people averagely attend dem shin digz. and its just cause jiggz seems to win all tourneys now, and fox seems to be that "go to char" when **** hits the fan. and ive complained about it before, but he can reflector most chars off the stage at 10%.. that **** is unlike anything mk will be able to do in brawl. but then again, im one of those people who dont think mk is broken, i just think he's slightly more op than snake. and diddy is better than both of them..

Duo55

Smash Ace
I really think top 5 payout should be standard for any tournaments with 13> entrants. It really makes ppl feel like they have more of a chance. Ohio uses 48/22/14/8/4/4. lets start doing that.

I mean for first place, does the difference between 100 and 80 really mean that much to you? But for the people that get 4th, and 5th, just seeing some compensation for their work really means a lot.
I agree, I think pp is just being greedy cuz hes used to winning first and likes that money. Even if its only enough to buy a happy meal I remember the first time I made money, it felt real good even though it was only alittle bit. It inspired me to play better.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
did keith say that?

lol snake beats diddy. and the new tier list has MK then Snake then Diddy...but I think it should be MK then Diddy then Snake :/

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol at diddy beating snake keith.

and duo you should def team with rag. you guys would place top 3 every time.
no, i know snake beats diddy, but overall as a character, i think diddy is better. and i think diddy beats mk 55-45. i've always thought that, even before adhd continually beat m2k

edit: sauce wtf? thats ur **** char and especially against snake. who did u use?

edit2: i lul'd at duo's post about pp. i wanted to say that but i thought pp would take it badly.

null55

Smash Master
and ive complained about it before, but he can reflector most chars off the stage at 10%.. that **** is unlike anything mk will be able to do in brawl.
Keith... that's the nature of Melee. it's called a gimp. it's infinitely satisfying or heartbreaking.

Top Bottom