• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Spring Season Tournament! No entry fee! HERB3 is the 1st DEADLINE

DJRome

Smash Hero
With great pleasure, I am introducing the NC free entry tournament for Spring!

This tournament is free to enter but pays out for top 16. Everyone I have seen go to tournament this past season is included. If you are in NC and want to be in the next one, go to a tournament! Then if you're still not on, bug me :p.

Here's how it works:
1. Pick any time to play your tournament matches. The deadline for this game will be posted as time goes on.

2. Play using the MBR rules.

3. If you do not play your match by your deadline, both of you are dq'ed. But it's free so whatever ;).

4. Follow this thread as new things may be introduced as time goes on.

Payout:
top 3 $5
top 8 $3
top 16 $1

Here's progress so far!

DJRome

Smash Hero
luckily, moophobia has elected to decline from this. and crio is now entered in place of moo

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
can we play the matches AT herb 3? i really hope zakat goes to either the duke or SOS if we can't. i'm not goin to raleigh's tourney...

vZakat

Half Genie
I would like to request that I not be on this because of my lack of attendance (how'd I even get on it?). Even if I did get a chance to play chris I can't guarantee I'd be able to continue through the bracket. And I think dq'ing both people for not playing the match is unfair. If one person does attend tourney's and the other one was unable to make any, I would say that the person who made it to stuff should just get the win and the other is knocked into loser's.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I beat emb in tourney twice last summer, so unless he goes to HERB3, SOS, or then NCSU, I win right?

edit: because it's complete bs for me to be dq'd if he doesn't show up to stuff.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I beat emb in tourney twice last summer, so unless he goes to HERB3, SOS, or then NCSU, I win right?

edit: because it's complete bs for me to be dq'd if he doesn't show up to stuff.
Yeah, you should definitely get it if we don't get to play. You'll beat me down. I want to play you anyway though. Gives me an excuse to actually play someone besides Asheboro, which I always enjoy a lot. :D

If no other time, then definitely at HERB 3. There's a decent chance I'll make it to SOS, and a small possibility of Duke this weekend, but I'll be at HERB for sure.

Sorry we haven't been to stuff for the past month. Asheboro has seemed kinda uninterested aside from me and JMH. He's had store johns and I haven't felt like going if no one else did (johns). Hopefully we'll get back on track.

Oh, and I'll mention this to JMH and Popo. Hopefully that'll get them to make it out.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
you'll probably meet me at herb if you go... I unfortunately dont make a ton of tournies due to only getting one weekend off a month. Although i potentially may find myself with every weekend off in the near future if things decide to go well for me.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
you'll probably meet me at herb if you go... I unfortunately dont make a ton of tournies due to only getting one weekend off a month. Although i potentially may find myself with every weekend off in the near future if things decide to go well for me.
. . . craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

*frown* I wasnt planning on goin to herb 3, namely because of lack of skill. Secondly because I dont want to be all over the place if I dont have my own car.

I dont even know where/when HERB 3 is. . . or why its called HERB in the first place.

Guess I need to lurk more.

Edit:
so i have to play nisp
how is nisp?

Top Bottom