• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey non-pound goers, I'm gonna be at UNC Chapel Hill tomorrow and saturday for a school-related event, if anyone's in the area and wants some games, message me and we can work something out :D

and to all you Pound goers GOOD LUCK, Peepee make me proud I'll try to tune in on the stream ;D

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hey guys, spoons pretty good, you should hit him up if you can.

that means you, tj. :) (he'll be a good comparing tool since i played him like a few days ago)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm surprised there ARE people not going to pound. It's so sad.

:(

You're missing out on the best event of the year, possibly even in recorded smash history, ever. And NC will be the light that Steals the show.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Um Zio have you seen the price to enter melee singles? lol

Yeah I know I could have pre-reg'd sooner, but f*ck that. Yeah I said it. F pre-reg'ing for shiz.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But, you are not obligated to enter the tournament. I'm not. But I'm pretty darn sure I'll be enjoying myself.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Traveling is tiring as **** and stressful... Driving sucks and if I fly I'm always next to the 500 lb guy that's spilling into my seat. Plus all the money you have to drop? I'd rather just buy some beer and watch the livestream personally. It would be different if it was closer and if I was as good as PP.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
there's nothing compared to actually being there o.o

it's like going to a concert vs. listening to the cd. theres no contest

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
there's nothing compared to actually being there o.o

it's like going to a concert vs. listening to the cd. theres no contest
Agreed. I was scrambling around work trying to get someone to take my shifts tomorrow and Sunday, but it wasn't meant to be.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Well yeah, I agree it's not the same but that's aside from the point. I just went to a UNC game a week ago in chapel hill (yeah, I didn't hit anyone up... didn't have time) and had mid court tickets, 12 rows up. Half the time I was wishing I was at home watching it on my HD. Even though I'm a die hard unc fan I just came back from 30 inches of snow and moving furniture to a new house for a week, and I'm sitting in my seat thinking 'I get to drive back home and get back at 3am, then start my schedule of a full-time job getting up at 4a 5 days a week and 15 hour school days on my 2 days off'.

So yeah I get my associates degree this semester, finally.... and i've been talking w/ my gf about where she wants to live and stuff. We're thinking state ecu or the dub...., leaning towards the latter two now. What do ya'll think?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alright guys, I don't leave until 3(darn it Seven!!!), but I want to post this now because I'll be doing stuff in a while to get ready.

I've worked hard, studied a lot, talked to great players about minute aspects of matchups, and gone over a lot in my head. The only thing left for me to do is test all of my efforts out on other people who have been working just as hard as I have to prepare. I plan on doing well and repping NC, Falco, and myself really hard. No matter what happens, it's always easier doing this stuff knowing that I have you bros to support me, and I wanted to let you all know that I am thankful for that. I won't disappoint you guys!!!

As an aside, I plan on somewhat regularly giving updates to a few people in NC through text(let me know how available you'll be) so that it will be posted somewhere for you guys to read. I don't think I'll be doing much talking on the phone except during food breaks and maybe at night.

TO THE PEOPLE IN MY CAR, AKA LORD KARN AND DJ ROME: Lucas isn't coming, so we can get moving when Seven and I get to you. Karn, we're coming to get you first because I think DJ is closer to the right interstate we need to get onto.

Edit: POUND 4 LIVESTREAM:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261649

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
See y'all soon. We should all hang tonight before the great event and go to IHOP.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't hate me now! In our car, we'll have L0zR, TC, Choconilla, Thunda, and Me. That's right - 3 people who don't play. But **** it, we love the community enough to keep showing up to events like this.:embarrass

Top Bottom