• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DJ vs ZIO?

Hardly. Make it NC vs ZIO.

I have a taste for the bigger picture. Come at me, y'all.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well ZIO, you wouldn't be trying to bring things back to the way they were in the old days, would you? I'll gladly go fetch a few posts I've found by some of your biggest fans that would be well-received by those who are less than pleased with your latest semi-mod status.

Edit: Handorin at BANKS

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bring things back, Pp? It was all in fun. Those guys I argued with, one is a good friend, and those I still don't know, I doubt they meant anything by it.

Of course, I did come in NC vs ZIO. Still doing it, though, because I guess that's just how I do.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
In fun? I have no clue where to begin to respond to that, but no. You know that's not true, and I know that's not true.

That's "how you do" because you ask for it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yup.

I've talked to most of them, PP. They were being funny because I was the new guy, but they never meant much by it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ZIO................there were blatant insults hurled at you. No jokes. Insults. Tearing you up out the frame. No jokes. Hurtful words without humor. No jokes.

If you "talked to them" about it, then you probably heard what you wanted to hear I imagine. Those people could have told obvious half-lies and you would have believed them so long as you could tell yourself(or others who were ignorant) that they were really your friends.

I really don't want to elaborate on this more.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And why do you care? As long as I hear what I want, I'm satisfied. And they are what you said they were - words. Nothing more, nothing less.

There's one man I truly thinks never liked me, but even then, I think we could get on better terms.

This is about me, bro. And if I'm okay with it, I see no reason why you want to enlightening on the "truth" of what happened in the past.

Trust me, I have been refreshed on what happened, as I was bored and re-read some of what went on. I admit, as well, I was an idiot, probably still am, but I won't see it until I re-read this stuff a few months form now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Why do I care? I care because I don't want you screwing yourself over with a group of new people who don't really know you. You have a dang chance to get on good terms with everyone, but you're choosing to throw that away.

I guess if you need a few months to figure out what you're doing, then chances are it'll be wayyy too late by then.

Your call though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Why do I care? I care because I don't want you screwing yourself over with a group of new people who don't really know you. You have a dang chance to get on good terms with everyone, but you're choosing to throw that away.

I guess if you need a few months to figure out what you're doing, then chances are it'll be wayyy too late by then.

Your call though.
pretty much summed it up.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Is it so wrong to want to have Y'all follow that darn rules? If we do, no Mods get's on you, and we could be on our merry way. Why, when I try to merely lead y'all in the right direction, I get chewed out? Better me than a super Moderator dropping in and changing everything.

It is the only role I can fulfill in this community. I think. Cause I don't want to simply socialize. I want to actually get something done.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have played smash, and when I did I realized something. I am not good competitively. I get angry if I lose, as I have too high an expectation of myself, even in friendlies. Is it fun to play with someone who gets angry, and busts his controller on his forehead because he loses?

But, yes, if I were to play someone, Ganondorf was a primary choice. As I have played him before. Him, Martha, and Rice climbers were the ones I played.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The "darn rules" aren't fun on a social forum. As much as mods/rules/buttholes try to deny it, forums are social and I frankly don't want to come on here and see only discussions of tiers, PR arguments, MM serious trash talk, and castration. I'm fine with it when it is needed(which varies), but I'd prefer if we just broke off and did our own thing once all of the important matters are settled. Plus, every NC thread that stays bumped is a good sign to those who are interested in joining the scene/looking at it. I'd also imagine that newer players would like to see social behavior in these threads so they feel like we're people and not smash elitists that will only look down upon newer players(to ease assimilation into the scene).

If you're honestly supporting the rules, then I find it VERY hard to believe that you could also want what I just listed as well(don't try to tell me that you can keep threads bumped with that dry BS discussion either).

You actually had some intelligent spam back there ZIO. It was funny. Then you just stopped for whatever reason and killed it again. You have the potential to just chill like the rest of us. You honestly do.

Get something done? Like what? How does making us turn into frightened forum citizens do ANY sort of good? I'll tell you right now, if the rules were severely enforced, then a good majority of posters here simply wouldn't post or would just post much less. Quite honestly, I can't say I blame them. If you take internet forum fun away from NC right now, then you don't leave us with a whole lot. We're all just dudes who like to play smash competitively. We don't have crews we're close with. We don't socialize a whole lot outside of smash, if at all. Being on this site and enjoying times we had together and will have together is all that keeps some of the best friends I've ever had with one another, and I'll be f*cked if I just let it go down without saying anything about it.

If that seriously isn't good enough for you ZIO, then I am deeply sorry for you.

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure enforcing the rules is pretty much the opposite of getting stuff done. And it's boring as hell.

And honestly, I don't really care if any mods are informed of our ways or whatever. I'm sure they already know and I'll still continue posting the way I want to regardless, anyways.

DJRome

Smash Hero
pp, u should go socialize via bodies of water.

and zio, this pseudo-intellectual bs and faux-effectiveness junk is pretty stupid.

your point is that people should get stuff done. get what done? the purpose of each regional zone is to provide a forum for discussion. if the severity of our violation is truly that egregious, mods will take care of it. that is their job.

there is no strict rubric for forum discussion. in fact most of the discussion pp referenced are contained in other fora (latin ***) that are far more appropriate than a regional thread. but this is a smash forum and we are smashers. and how we behave irl during smash events is translated to how we proceed online. it is in all forms smash related.

i don't know what kind of accomplishments you think a regional forum can have, but as the chinese saying goes, it's playing piano to a cow

Top Bottom