• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Oh no... just no... >_>

If you want to watch REAL cartoons, how about Ren and Stimpy! Now that was the real **** with butts!
Dog and cat butts aren't really my thing.

Besides, I get enough catbutt when I'm trying to watch TV and my cat wants attention.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Nah, yall gay.

In this thread we need to talk about prospective hair styles or wardrobe ideas for Kevin for Genesis II. It's his first national as best in the world and he needs a different type of...swag, if you will.

And even if you won't, he still needs some swag, ya know?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lmao I already told you bits if I win G2 then I'm taking as much of NC as possible and going shopping because I apparently need it and it'll be hilarious. XD

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
it's really nice to have my controller back.
tech skill feels almost natural again.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i haven't had a good controller since pound 4.

toph's spare is the only other one that ever was good for me

stingers

Smash Obsessed
how do you guys feel about the Justin Wong vs. EVO thing?

http://shoryuken.com/content/evo-ruling-regarding-power-up-2011-4410/
http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/284935827 - the match in question. starts at 1:56:00

personally, I think it is total BS @ what evo did. a player can do WHATEVER they want, 100%, no questions asked. if they wanted to throw the match, that's A-OK in my book. and I say this as a competitive video game player. the only thing that would make that 'illegal' is if they were found betting on themselves to lose somehow. that's it. if they're trying to legitimize their sport, they need to learn how to run tournaments first. I've been to SF4, MVC3, and lots of smash tourneys, and I'd say literally every smash tourney I've ever been to has been better run then the SF4 and MVC3 tourneys. Random seeding and only top 3 payout even at NATIONALS, which is freaking laughable. When you're playing for a pot, you DO NOT do a 70-20-10 split in thousand man tournaments. EVO is a joke...
and lets say justin wong's girlfriend broke up with him, his dog died, and his parents home was destroyed by a tornado all in the same day, right before a huge tournament. if he's not playing up to par that day, should he be punished for losing? lmao

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's definitely a grey area. For sure, Noel stood to gain something from Wong losing, and there's not really a question that Wong was sandbagging. Maybe Wong just didn't want to take Marvel seriously at that tournament. That doesn't change the fact that it looks a lot like bracket manipulation. And bracket manipulation is really pretty underhanded, IMO, so enforcing rules against it is good practice if you want to discourage it in the future.

But then, even if this really is a case of bracket manipulation, it's not like there was collusion. Noel wasn't party to it, and he was the one who stood to gain the most. So he shouldn't be punished.

Then isn't Justin just losing in order to lose? Even if he just wants his friend to win, is that something he needs to be punished for? I don't really have the answer to that. I understand why Evo made their decision. But even if the reasoning is cut and dry, the actual morals at play arent.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
phoenix on point?

i don't even play that game and i lol'd. thats like purposely SDing for a stock or two at the beginning of the match. why he's being punished is still a little weird, as ph00t pointed out, but he could've been a little more subtle about it, i can imagine.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
has anyone seen the new apex thread? **** looks like its gonna be good. next january...

also, it looks like whatevers goin down at mississippi state is gonna be amazing. armada is gonna be there. august something or other.

****, i'll still be in my internship.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Apex is going to be AMAZING and we all must go!

That MI thing.....I'll be trying to get to.....something else in August lol. Maybe that'll work out otherwise though?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Really? That's strange......

I don't know much about controller bonding but that's really lame bro. =( I could try to help you break one in a certain way sometime if you want but otherwise I don't know what to say....

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I MAKE THEM LOVE ME

BREAK THEIR BACK LIKE CAMEL

but yeah, none have been any good. the only one that was really good (even better than my original) was toph's secondary controller. i borrowed it at p4 and i 3 stocked rockcrock and felt good man

Top Bottom