• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ohh yeah i've had plenty of tw. I remember 5 years ago when I first started picking some ganon, ace would call his f air "the train wrecker" . lol
Haha awesome, all this talk is making my heart want some smash, damn you.. lol.

Edit: Chester and PKM were reminiscing yesterday about how smash was a lot more fun for them in the past and something changed in them... like they would get frustrated playing friendlies but I didn't understand what they were talking about.. I said it was about how awesome the people are around smash and then you get to beat strong opponents when you play in tournament. You know you chill around and play, that's it.. All this to say that yes I would probably play indefinitely. =P

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
That's exactly how I feel part of the time. The game was super fun, then super frustrating, then REALLY fun and now it's just fun sometimes but mostly it just makes me unhappy and I get bored.

Coming from me I think it's even funnier. I remember somebody estimated that overall everyone in this state has spent more time playing me over the years (around 3 1/2 years of playing + I used to play foreverrrrrrrr when I did play, especially at house tourneys). Sucks it took me so long to find my perfect brain state/improved attitude to play and now I'm kinda sick of the game. Oh well.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's exactly how I feel part of the time. The game was super fun, then super frustrating, then REALLY fun and now it's just fun sometimes but mostly it just makes me unhappy and I get bored.

Coming from me I think it's even funnier. I remember somebody estimated that overall everyone in this state has spent more time playing me over the years (around 3 1/2 years of playing + I used to play foreverrrrrrrr when I did play, especially at house tourneys). Sucks it took me so long to find my perfect brain state/improved attitude to play and now I'm kinda sick of the game. Oh well.
Well.. wtv choices you make, make sure it's a conscious one and that you don't regret it. =)

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I wanna play a bunch of smash chris, figured i'd consider going to raleigh since there's more peeps, plus there's always getting laid. BUT, I think i'd ditch her if enough people wanted to smash, lol. it's a nice back up though. i'd prob hit up the dub over her too, so if no one wants to play then we ON.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Look at this, this way.. you can get laid ANYTIME YOU WANT. But getting people together for smash is a lot harder to do.. look at opportunities and choices... weigh it in loll.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sometimes i find the end goal of becoming a top player not one i want to work towards. idk.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't blame you. Not only is it kinda overwhelming but there's a lot of other not fun stuff that goes along with it. Better to set smaller goals along the way that you can knock out that kinda get you to that point eventually, which is what I did. I never actually planned on trying to be the best. XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey I have the apush exam tom. too. i had ap comp sci on tuesday too lol...friggen ap >.> schoolpays for the tests tho yay =]

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
don't sweat the AP tests guys, all you do is place out of classes that will up your GPA in college. Unless you are much more studious than I was, then yeah, it would be cool to place out of things / graduate faster.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
^He's right. Free A's never hurt to start with.

Also John, I've had that same thought. It's fun to be as good as a pro level player but not really that much fun to be one.

EDIT: Kage, I guess it's harder for you to get with people. Living in Raleigh you can find several people to play with on any given day. Girls...are schedule changers because particular opportunities/openings (no pun intended >_>) present themselves much less freely and frequently and therefore make them priority.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
hahahah openings

THE TRAIN WRECKER lol

Yeah gotta love those A's in college. Don't place out of everything, your life could potentially suck.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the free A classes are boring...youll still have plenty left long as ur AP stuff is in ur major. And stuff like calc is way easier in high school than in college. Idk what apush will even rlly get you out of, but good luck.

lord karn

Smash Master
Eh, at UNC the bio/chem 101/102 classes are much harder to get A's in than the higher level ones. . .

Edit: Actually, I just generally find higher level classes easier.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i think it depends. I breezed through chem101/102 at uncw(and that's saying something being that I never went to class and didn't care whatsoever)... yet general bio 1 and 2 were insanely difficult. They call it weed out bio for a reason, because it's **** tons of memorization and the test questions are worded to intentionally mislead those who are.... 'very' familiar with the content instead of absolutely 100% familiar with it. Like when you come across two answers that could both be right and you wished you would have studied that section a little more. Maybe since chem is more math related it came easier, idk. I think all schools/classes are boring anyway.. well, I've had a few that i have liked, but in the long run it's a joke / piece of paper / a set of skills/knowledge that 3/4 of students will not use in their profession. BUT. . . it's something we all gotta do. long term goals help me with not hating school :>

and yeah karn, some higher level classes are easier. I think it's to do with the weeding out stuff I was talking about, and the teacher.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh believe me I def. wasnt sweating the AP tests lol. **** was free (the test itself, not the difficulty of said test)

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i'll never forget what our school counselor said to me after I slept through my AP bio test. "Son, you know what your problem is? you got a problem with that four lettered word. You know what that word is. WILL. W - I - L - L"

lol @ highschool

lord karn

Smash Master
I think higher level classes are easier because they focus a lot more on creative/critical thinking. It's a lot easier for me to get motivated in school when I'm actually learning things that are interesting. In lower level classes a lot of it is about memorization, and it's hard to get motivated to learn that simple stuff that if you were in any real life situation you could just look up on google.

BEHR

Smash Hero
oh im taking SAT tomorrow.

did yo guys take it and what was your scores?

BEHR

Smash Hero
what the **** im nervous as ****.

lol knowing me ill perform poorly.

**** it.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
verbal section is stupid. I mean if you actually read those stupid passages that they ask the whack questions on then yeah it's not too bad. but I think I played with my ti 83 instead or something.

the math is at least straight forward... all the questions i missed were from simple mistakes.. missing a negative or not doing the order of operations properly in some easy silly problem that was meant to confuse you. So take your time I guess.

btw stingers 2040 is good

BEHR

Smash Hero
i will ima have to be there until like 1 so ima try to do well. It is my first time and all.

have you tooken it high? like on weed or Ritalin?

SleepyK

i got a 2100

with my sick reverse asian scores
750-770 on the writing and reading sections

600-640 on the math

something like that

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I got a 1420 or something.

Back in the day when they didn't have that essay ****.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
James, nice.. sleepyk too.

I come from a small school.. I think 1 person got like a 1400-1420 or something in my grade(we had no asians). and I still beat her in math... dave's math/verbal was even more lopsided than mine. 780-480 (if i recall correctly)

SleepyK

there was this korean girl who got a 2400 at my school :/

i got the **** from my parents because it wasn't me

Top Bottom