• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Hi plur!!! =)
Heeeeeeeeeeeey plur
How's it going?
rumor is the new smash is based on what the team has seen from pm

http://www.nintendosource.com/wiiU/smashbros/iwataquote.html

i for one am thrilled cause peach raaaapes in pm from what i last played of her
also of course cause that means theyll hopefully transfer the wavedashing and l canceling over...
OH you ****ing douche-lord I am not amused

i think after years of johns it needs to be explicitly said

rule # 1: play the ****ing game
yes

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
I honestly believe that God is moreso a great pool player than someone who is always controlling things.

Like, what if God, at the beginning of everything said. . .Okay, I'm gonna touch this one thing, shoot it off at an angle calculated down to the millionth of a degree. Pre recorded messages, recursive programs, bank shots and everything. He then makes a pact not to interfere unless absolutely necessary.

Thoughts?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I honestly believe that God is moreso a great pool player than someone who is always controlling things.

Like, what if God, at the beginning of everything said. . .Okay, I'm gonna touch this one thing, shoot it off at an angle calculated down to the millionth of a degree. Pre recorded messages, recursive programs, bank shots and everything. He then makes a pact not to interfere unless absolutely necessary.

Thoughts?
sounds like deism.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
sounds like deism.
The watch maker analogy. God creates the universe, winds it up, then lets it go.

...I disagree.
had some girl try to tell me that, have you ever played Black and White? (I think that's the name of the game)

There are major differences between what I'm proposing and Deism.
One being that from Deism, there is a pervasive sense that God created the clock simply to keep time, in other words, creating a machine as a means to an end. A clock keeps time, and all the gears that make it up are not as important by themselves as they are towards making the clock tell time.

I prefer to think that rather than gears, we and the situations surrounding us are more like billiard balls, in that we do have great effect on eachother, each individual is intensely more important, as an individual, than a gear in a clock would be. The goal is to get as many of us into our best possible situation (holes on the edge of the table) as possible. The Player could easily grab each of the billiards and push them into the holes Himself, but doesn't on principle. The Player can also tilt, shake or use His breath on the table, something I refer to as Miracles. this doesn't happen often.

Another point, Deists avoid religion, like agnostics.
Religion has its place. . .more on that if people would like to talk about it.

i think god's a fat ****** watching TV

waiting for the commercials
Classic Cam. Have you read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? or seen the movie?

godzilla

that is all
*Smirk* You have to say it like the japanese films.

*points dramatically* GOH JI-LAH!!!!

edit:
also/ Why are we mad at Dop?

Dop

Smash Journeyman
had some girl try to tell me that, have you ever played Black and White? (I think that's the name of the game)

There are major differences between what I'm proposing and Deism.
One being that from Deism, there is a pervasive sense that God created the clock simply to keep time, in other words, creating a machine as a means to an end. A clock keeps time, and all the gears that make it up are not as important by themselves as they are towards making the clock tell time.

I prefer to think that rather than gears, we and the situations surrounding us are more like billiard balls, in that we do have great effect on eachother, each individual is intensely more important, as an individual, than a gear in a clock would be. The goal is to get as many of us into our best possible situation (holes on the edge of the table) as possible. The Player could easily grab each of the billiards and push them into the holes Himself, but doesn't on principle. The Player can also tilt, shake or use His breath on the table, something I refer to as Miracles. this doesn't happen often.

Another point, Deists avoid religion, like agnostics.
Religion has its place. . .more on that if people would like to talk about it.

Classic Cam. Have you read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? or seen the movie?

*Smirk* You have to say it like the japanese films.

*points dramatically* GOH JI-LAH!!!!

edit:
also/ Why are we mad at Dop?
i like it... i like it alot

i think they are mad at me for my post 1-3 pages back (im not gonna go check)
though i cant string (theory !!!LOL!!!!) together why

stingers

Smash Obsessed
bro string theory is crazy
little tiny vibrating strings
everything you know and love
is just a little tiny vibrating string

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
Hi guys! what up?
. . .

Ah, TJ with that Theorist stuff. Hey, Teej. are you studying theology?
I'm studying Music. Its what I do at College. I'm a Gospel Bassist, though (as well as Jazz and rock and anything else you can play with a Bass, but my main style is Gospel. . . )

i like it... i like it alot

i think they are mad at me for my post 1-3 pages back (im not gonna go check)
though i cant string (theory !!!LOL!!!!) together why
. . .But why? i dont get it. why are people angry cause you said something about the new smash game?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Such ignorance of original sin. smh.
Ignorant of the fact that you either have to view it as an allegory (in which case, the whole Bible could be qed you get to pick and choose the parts that really happened) or you really are absolutely delusional and believe the story in the garden of Eden actually happened and that illiterate farmers in the least enlightened part of the world had some in depth knowledge of this instance?

Don't assume satirical/reductio comments reflect knowledge on topics.

I was raised Baptist then Catholic then studied religion all throughout high school then studied English and Philosophy in college. I've probably read as much writing focused on the topic of God (or any divine figure), watched more scholarly debates/had them on my own, and thought on the topic and the arguments more than almost anyone on these boards.

If you are in a hurry to get evidenced, science'd, and logic'd all over in a religious debate, I'll meet chain on nodgel anyday. :]

lord karn

Smash Master
I like to think that God created the universe, decided to sit back and take a nap at the bottom of the ocean, and that one day he will awaken and come rampaging through our cities.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
and the devil closely resembles Inachis io

@TJ: gospel bassist

!!!

can't think of a joke, but f*** if there ever was one (this is an english idiom)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
God to me is simply the divine voice. The voice inside in my heart which tells to do the right things. He exists as long as I believe in the right path for me. I mean because there's always something greater I can do for myself so I always have a vision as to how I should get to that point. Though, doing the right things ALL THE TIME is pretty damn hard I have to admit.. lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Damnit Kage lol XD

Did god tell you to become the great warrior you strive to be?

:phone:
Essentially, pretty much. =P I believe in God not in religion. Because I believe the religion has been too much tainted by men with their corrupt ways. I have heard too many stories to believe in them that they have the so-called righteous path. That is the truth I've come to see through my eyes, no offense to anyone.

Edit: Basically I can't really trust what anyone else says. The only way I can succeed is if I continue to listen to my heart. I still have sooo much work I have to do to attain what I dream about. Melee is just one step.. lol.

Top Bottom