• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you're both right.

josh is more right though.

his view is that which uses the complete knowledge of the fact that there are dimensions above ours and that we are ignorant of it. the flatlanders can't understand the third dimension just as we can't understand the dimensions above ours. That lack of understanding, that lack of the ABILITY to understand renders what we experience to be fundamentally less than what is. since the flatlanders see two dimensions, that doesnt make the world IN TRUTH two dimensional. we can understand our dimensions that we can realize (i'd say up to the 4th dimension) but past that, we can't really say anything. but in all realism, to say that we truly understand anything that occurs within the dimensions that we do live in is a little arrogant of us and...idk. foolish?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
Damn you plur for saying that mad world was a good game. That game had a great premise, but it was super repetitive.

Also, were there no good puzzlers, platformers or fighters for other consoles? How about top down shooters? I seem to remember that little big planet was the ****. The wii probably could have had a better indie game market too if people invested more time in their online features.

**** this ****. Browser games are where its at.

:phone:

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Damn you plur for saying that mad world was a good game. That game had a great premise, but it was super repetitive.

Also, were there no good puzzlers, platformers or fighters for other consoles? How about top down shooters? I seem to remember that little big planet was the ****. The wii probably could have had a better indie game market too if people invested more time in their online features.

**** this ****. Browser games are where its at.

I'll give you the thing about madworld being repetitive.

I never said there weren't any other platformers, puzzlers, fighters OR shooters on other platforms. if anything the 360 is the quintessential shmup console, frankly. all the wii really has is S&P and blastworks, which is just Tumiki Fighters.

however, the good hardcore games on the wii have a distinct flavor that you can't really get anywhere else(aside from the no more heroes remake coming to the ps3)
anybody here play vindictus?
idk i was just gonna start and see if others played or wanted to, it looks pretty legit tbh
you guys should get Dragon Nest.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Josh, have you read Anathem, by Neal Stephenson? I think you'd really dig it.

lord karn

Smash Master
saying this gets us absolutely nowhere.
we can talk about time and have ground to stand on, because we experience it. we are representatives of time in the 3rd dimension and the 3rd dimension alone, but just because we cannot experience all facets and possible experiences of time does not mean that our experience with time is any less valid of a perspective of time. science operates by eliminating false perspectives through vigorous testing, and most often trial and error; in this same sense, we have no reason to believe that our perspective of time is any less valid (yet) because no counter examples against our understanding, and examples of how time is "actually perceived" have been presented.
however, we cannot talk about time in any form that supersedes our ability to experience it, because we are unable to experience it.

I never said what we see and understand isn't completely subjective. what I said was that just because our view of reality is subjective doesn't make the fact that objective reality exists any less true.

and? nobody claims to understand anything outside of our understood reality.
Just wanted to point out that whether or not something gets us anywhere or not is completely irrelevant to any argument. The possibility of the inability to understand is always present. . . making this a paradox.

Paradox is all I believe in.

Also, I wish I knew people were playing at Josh's tonight, as I am in Raleigh.

Also, Josh, you should read "The Sublime Object of Ideology," by Slavoj Zizek. It's basically the attempt to reconcile the psychoanalytic view of the "I" with the rationalist (cogito, ergo sum) perspective and Hegelian dialectics. This guy makes the most off the wall brilliant remarks about random things in pop culture (movies, cultures, etc) and synthesizes different viewpoints into new ones really well. Plus, he's like the most awkwardly funny guy when he talks. Just look him up on youtube. . .

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
There is a God.
This reminds me of the start of debates people start with me sometimes. This is the short hand version.

"There is a God."
"I don't believe in him. We can't know that and it's amazingly arrogant to claim knowledge of that kind of information."
"What about all these unanswerable questions that display my fundamental misunderstanding of the objectivity of scientific progress and laws of reason? There is a God."
"..../facepalm and walk away"

Btw, Darksyde for president.
Sigging the hell out of this. <3 Dave

BEHR

Smash Hero
nah man God is my boo.

i chill with her on the side we get lifted together,love otgether.

shes perfect

somedays shes a bich tho.

you feel me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
God = Perfect
Perfect = Ignorant
God = Ignorant

There I solved it, God only exists within ignorant people.. lolll.

Edit: That's actually scary true too.. lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If a god exists, which I don't believe it does, how would we know of it's perfect? That's a totally assinine jecture

I don't know.. but I mean I don't like to think I will be perfect ever. Because then you'll stop growth... as soon as you are satisfied with where you are then you stop growing. Accepting who you are is one thing but if you want something higher than you have to keep trying to get to that point for sure. Then once you reach that point, then a new conception will bring it's light to you since you can't know what to do until reaching a certain point, correct?

If God wanted something, i think it would be that for every single being on earth... a tree doesn't stop growing ever, right? =) Dare to be great!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I said I am god but far from perfect....Why do you think I wiped out all the scrubs with the flood? big mistake on my part giving them life LOL
*Shakes head* I thought you were Ganon though. Ganon can only capture Zelda and let his own castle get destroyed all the time lol.

Top Bottom