• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sheik can be cool and press buttons. it's funny to play her aggro and in your face and stuff.

moo's peach can definitely do it as well. it's actually a pain to deal with.

my ganon does it sometimes. but it's usually bad because he's ganon lol. but pushing buttons and doing things a little closer to frame perfect than i normally do often creates some interesting results.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm afraid of me in tourney too.

=/

i just wish i could play as good in friendlies as i do in tourney. theoretically, it's the best way i can think of to level up. but the movement and tricks and depth of thought and action and performance i have in tourney simply...don't exist outside of tourney.

it's why i'm mostly afraid of doing most money matches anymore. i can't conjure/control the inner thing that makes my true ganon happen on pure desire.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Like super srs ****. if I win I'ma brag on the boards and say I need to be on the prs ****.

Edit: Can we get some hype for this ****?
Also we still teamin for NCSU this weekend?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i will hype moo vs cam. you two are two of my favorite players. i have the utmost belief in both of your potentials. i think you will take this state far.

along with that foxy guy. i hope he's in good form.

i hope everyone's forgotten about me vs sanketh. really don't even feel like doing that...or entering...bleh...i just wanna pretend i'm good and play friendlies.

sometimes i'm motivated to try things...but i can't think of them. i always end up going through the motions, and i end up with the same typical ganon stuff thats been the crux of being on the bad end of matchups for years. i need to find things, things that turn matchups around, spacings, advantages, minute mixups to punish things that previously were out of my control. Even so, i can't find them, can't even look for them, unless i'm playing someone like kevin who is so far out of my league that i have to find them unless i wish to appear completely embarrassed.

edit: but this is why i'm excited to play kevin. and for mike to be coming back. the necessity for not being completely outclassed is there.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
man i don't wanna hear that kinda ****

i'm not gonna name names, but sometimes some of you guys get all caught up in your own conceit or selfish fears and go to tournaments and take up warm up TVs for your egocentric bull****. ***** enter the goddamn tournament and beat me so i can be wiser the next day.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i've lost interest on good arguments.

i've lost interest in a lot of things.

i'm just not an interesting guy.

ganon's still pretty good tho.

:ganondorf:
=(

its more of the fact that throwing a turnip on a shield is one of the best ways to land a hit on falcon, and if he caught it then that options more or less gone
Well doesn't Peach usually throw the turnip while close to Falcon? I'd say she could hit him if she calls the jump/move to catch it, and if not then she should still **** him because having a turnip means no aerials.

Yeah but once Peach gets that hit/stage control
Your stock is GONE

Or it takes a long long time to get it back
The way I base 50/50s is this:
If you get one hit, does it usually translate to a stock because of weight/combability/etc?
[silly reason] Does one side complain as much about one side as the other does?

Mostly I just feel like it's a feeling thing, and the match ups, as they're developing, are moving much more towards 50/50 as people are starting to figure it out
Like for example, as said before, as Falcon players start to understand how to abuse their strengths [dat knee, mobility, and combo ability] and all the things that come from that [stage control, conditioning your opponent] then things get significantly easier
Leading me to my "the biggest problems Falcon as a character has are spacies"

Well there's a difference between accepting out of ignorance and accepting because of knowledge/reasoning. You can accept anything without it being true per se, but I feel like the truth is eventually gonna come out

I was going to refute that but you're actually right. However, both of us know that Peach gets more from a trade than Falcon does usually. so [shrugs]

Falcon's grab game is so good, it's one of those things that I'm really starting to truly appreciate. And you'll have to show me this dair abuse
Is it because of not really having good high cover options?

All I have to say is

Guess you'll get some action with my falcon this weekend huh ;)
Bring it baby
Gives me a chance to practice this newfangled dthrow->nipple spike everyone is talking about

What is the whole "I think this is 50/50" thing justified by? Is that what you're asking?

Because if it is, that's why.

Understandable, there's always an approach
It's just one of those things that says

I have the ability to counter your approach

As opposed to
You can do stuff and I have no answer to it

Hello, ftilt Kevin
ftilt

ftilt

death

utilt too but less so
Because who would do that?

Agreed, see above about Falcon's grab game
I think it's about 17% where it stops being a tech chase

25% is where uthrow->nair connects
Not even Armada 0-deaths a Falcon every time he hits him, so why should wee believe Peach can actually do that consistently? Yes, Peach can punish Falcon very hard, but I have yet to see Falcon even close to consistently dying from one hit. Same with Falcon hitting Peach. Falcon usually won't kill Peach in one hit but he'll destroy her with a throw combo from about mid % kinda like Peach will from a Dtilt/Dsmash/grab or something. I dunno why people ignore DI in all of this LOL death combos only happen a ton if it's like......Falco dittos or something lol.

Neutral position is raw character traits for the most part and a sprinkling of how you use them(metagame), which is the foundation for any matchup in my opinion. Falcon has high mobility and Peach has low mobility. Falcon has bigger moves than Peach and can beat her approaches and defenses at times, as well as space out her CC. Peach can only float low, and only sometimes if she thinks she can get in on Falcon's mobility/aerial wall he tends to put up because otherwise that float will probably lose.

Feelings? Nah dawg, we go on theory(or, for others, results/youtube videos) here. Feelings aren't relevant unless you end up putting something down on paper that supports it. If you feel Falcons are learning it, where's the proof? Talk is cheap and bias is rampant in smashboards posts. Find the data and interpret it for yourself.

How are there always trades if Peach is consistently outranged? Technically, Falcon could space all day and as long as he was ready and able to punish Peach's turnip pulls then Peach would just fall into his wall or abuse like CC'ing to try and get in. Being outranged doesn't mean you trade with things, it means you lose to them. Falcon just has to understand this and play to that strength(note: I am not saying he should camp/space all game).

Most people can't do much about Falcon's Dair, but you don't see good exploitation of it except in old school players/better Falcons. I'll show you some stuff lol.

And you used my quote wrongly.

Every in this game has an answer to it. No more infinite camping and no more stalling is allowed. Stuff can be beaten, so learn the counters and counter back. Learn your counters vs your opponent so they quit getting free hits or abusing subpar strategies.

Ftilt can be beaten by Bair if you do it right.

PP... so... Fox v Peach isn't definitively worse than Falcon v Peach? i'd like to hear reasoning for that.

and i'm glad you agree about the sheik thing. the way that sheik in particular is unrealized as a character frustrates me moreso than others in the cast. a character like falcon for instance is such a graceful, fast, sink-your-teeth-in kind of character by nature that his metagame has been spoiled with awesome movement techniques and players that use all of them. in my opinion, sheik's the kind of character that doesn't naturally encourage that kind of innovation... but i think her potential for style variation could be one of the most aesthetically pleasing things about this game.
I didn't say that.

KK vs M2K was kinda cool if you haven't seen that already. A smattering of style here and there.

That **** is FUHRAAAAAAY
ROLFLLLLLLLL

i will hype moo vs cam. you two are two of my favorite players. i have the utmost belief in both of your potentials. i think you will take this state far.

along with that foxy guy. i hope he's in good form.

i hope everyone's forgotten about me vs sanketh. really don't even feel like doing that...or entering...bleh...i just wanna pretend i'm good and play friendlies.

sometimes i'm motivated to try things...but i can't think of them. i always end up going through the motions, and i end up with the same typical ganon stuff thats been the crux of being on the bad end of matchups for years. i need to find things, things that turn matchups around, spacings, advantages, minute mixups to punish things that previously were out of my control. Even so, i can't find them, can't even look for them, unless i'm playing someone like kevin who is so far out of my league that i have to find them unless i wish to appear completely embarrassed.

edit: but this is why i'm excited to play kevin. and for mike to be coming back. the necessity for not being completely outclassed is there.
Then talk to me about things. It's what I'm here for. =)

We'll play bruh

0Room

Smash Lord
And you used my quote wrongly.
I know I did
making sure you were paying attention

Eh I am only half grasping what you're saying
So apparently you're going to have to show me

edit;
I was going to make fun of you for telling me to interpret the data for myself
When I'm kind of doing that already
But then I realized I'd have to look at all of the matches

And that's a lot of matches

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kevin your stupid, you really don't understand this game do you

:phone:
Not well, I don't think. I have a lot to learn haha.

I know I did
making sure you were paying attention

Eh I am only half grasping what you're saying
So apparently you're going to have to show me

edit;
I was going to make fun of you for telling me to interpret the data for myself
When I'm kind of doing that already
But then I realized I'd have to look at all of the matches

And that's a lot of matches
I'll show you. =)

And you can stick to semi-recent to recent stuff and be fine. It's more about what YOU see than what everyone sees or tells you to see.

There's more to data about characters than just matches you find on Youtube though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm gonna go to Apex.

I need a carpool, tho. I can drive if need be, but my car's kinda small.

Top Bottom