• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I agree with Josh on a lot of points, but I think there is an aspect of this situation that we aren't considering. Yes Wilmington is far away, but that just makes it an adventure. That's pretty much how NC's smash community started out, and what made all the originals so close-knit. We'd have tournaments in random *** places like Rutherfordtonvilleburg and we'd have to drive really far to get to it. Yeah, the attendance might not have been as intense, but the act of traveling places with friends really does help build the community.

The Billfests continued this aesthetic by making the whole tournament weekend a fun-filled adventure. Let's be real, most of the NC community has never been too interested in improvement. We have a select few who actually care about improving, and others who love to come to tournaments for the community. But when the Billfests/Karnfests stopped, our community lost that sense of adventure and we had before. Tournaments have become so convenient that they are becoming routine, and people are now opting to just go to fests instead of tournaments.

TLDR: Going to wilmington with bros would be a pretty fun adventure.
*stands on desk*

Oh captain my captain

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
but then you'll just be too easy, and i'd be bored sitting around beneath kevin like one of those old guys. i'm stretchin this thing out and having fun with it, gooze.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Or you could let me train you to beat me/beat people OOS.

How often is GA coming to us now?(answer: every big one) Might as well get better enough to beat them too.

Being slow about it just spreads to everyone else. Besides you haven't beaten Adam so you still have that hurdle before saying there's no one left besides me anyway.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i never said that, as of now, you are all i have in my way Dr Peepee. that isn't true. i just meant that such a position would be daunting in more than one way.

you would train me?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i never said that, as of now, you are all i have in my way Dr Peepee. that isn't true. i just meant that such a position would be daunting in more than one way.

you would train me?
I've said that like 5 times to you now. <.<

I'll train anyone in this state that asks for it. No one asks though(except vZakat and Corey in some old thread I saw but yeah and Moo).

Just a matter of keeping contact.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lucas: I said stated an opinion about something, indifferent as to whether or not everyone would agree. I felt strongly enough to express it and defended my opinion. I really don't (and apparently numerous others as well) have any idea why you read all my posts as overreactions. Alex Swishnflip actually asked me last night if you hated/were mad at me based on your posts. haha

Bryan: Very grateful you understand. I do think future Wilmington tourneys are more possible but we need to get some regular stuff settled in before we try it. Also, you need to travel more and get your name out there! Shameless promotion works wonders.

Alex: Quality proposal/observation. I just worry that gas being double what it was back then might make a larger impact than you think. Adventures do definitely add something to the experience though, I admit.

lord karn

Smash Master
Lucas: I said stated an opinion about something, indifferent as to whether or not everyone would agree. I felt strongly enough to express it and defended my opinion. I really don't (and apparently numerous others as well) have any idea why you read all my posts as overreactions. Alex Swishnflip actually asked me last night if you hated/were mad at me based on your posts. haha

Bryan: Very grateful you understand. I do think future Wilmington tourneys are more possible but we need to get some regular stuff settled in before we try it. Also, you need to travel more and get your name out there! Shameless promotion works wonders.

Alex: Quality proposal/observation. I just worry that gas being double what it was back then might make a larger impact than you think. Adventures do definitely add something to the experience though, I admit.
Yeah, I definitely think there needs to be some kind of balance of the two kinds of tournies. Maybe have one wilmington tourney sometime within the next few months (with enough time for people to plan for it), and also try to establish a more regular series in raleigh/durham/chapel hill.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I do hate you, Josh. Just stop being such a ****ing douche about every opinion or idea that isn't yours or isn't something you'd do or isn't something you'd agree with, just stop. No one gives a **** how "popular" your smashfest can be and that's sure as hell more of a strawman argument than anything Cam said.

Also wtf?? When did NC start planning tourneys?? Has that ever happened? No other state plans tourneys people just man up and have them. That's just ********, just let th people who are offering to host to actually host and see what happens, and if it inconvenient for you then **** you

And When my Dad gets back from Vegas Imma see if he can't help me get this venue Ive been trying to look at for like 6 months now lol I live in NorthNorthWest Raleigh (lol) and the venue I'm looking at is 5 minutes off of 540 and walking distance from my house.

I've been angry the past few days, deal with it

:phone:

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0

alright lucas, what the **** dude.

I do hate you, Josh. Just stop being such a ****ing douche about every opinion or idea that isn't yours or isn't something you'd do or isn't something you'd agree with, just stop.
people have different opinions. just because josh disagrees with people doesn't mean he's being a douche; he's presenting an argument, making points and counterpoints, but he's not insulting anybody. yet you come flying in here, throwing ad insults all over the place that have nothing to do with the debate. do you seriously not see that you are doing the exact same thing you are accusing him of? calm down.

No one gives a **** how "popular" your smashfest can be and that's sure as hell more of a strawman argument than anything Cam said.
this sentence is gibberish. don't use logic terms if you have no idea what they mean.

Also wtf?? When did NC start planning tourneys?? Has that ever happened? No other state plans tourneys people just man up and have them. That's just ********, just let th people who are offering to host to actually host and see what happens, and if it inconvenient for you then **** you
you do realize that preparation for a tournament (making a thread, finding a venue before hand, asking off for work, saving up money, etc.) IS planning for a tournament, right? people totally plan tournaments, in the same way people plan vacations and parties. saying otherwise is downright ********.

I've been angry the past few days, deal with it
that doesn't give you the right to insult people.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Dear Lucas,

Josh is just keeping it real.

It makes sense.. I would need more rep to run a tournament that would take such effort for most of NC to attend. No one wants to car pool and organize drives to a ****ty tournament.

It might seem like an overreaction but at the end of the day it's just a realistic view of the situation. Unbias to the point opinions are usually the best anyway. He's probably picked up that way of thinking from the buisness world he's become a part of.
Bryan, the person most likely to take offense to my views is not offended and agrees with what I had to say.

But he's not overreacting. I don't even see how you think he is...
David, the most neutral person I know on SWF, in casually reading along can't even determine what you're talking about.

lucas, if you're not going to read josh's posts, just say tl;dr and move on. attacking the guy for defending his realist statements don't really help anything.
Chris, another ex-Wilmington player/dedicated tourney goer/neutral party, questioned whether you even bothered to read my posts because of how off base you are.

I do hate you, Josh. Also, more stuff that is wrong.
I am assuming you are trolling or an idiot at this point. Being that I do not think you are an idiot, I am going to conclude you are trolling and ignore your responses further on this topic.

Kyle, your response was much appreciated and more or less what I was thinking when I read his post.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'mma hunt you down on aim PP. I have some questions to ask you.
MESSAGE ME WHENEVER IM ALWAYS ON WANTING TO HELP PLZPLZPLZ DO IT <3

ps I'm always invisible lol

And When my Dad gets back from Vegas Imma see if he can't help me get this venue Ive been trying to look at for like 6 months now lol I live in NorthNorthWest Raleigh (lol) and the venue I'm looking at is 5 minutes off of 540 and walking distance from my house.

Beast! =)

Also if you wanna talk about anything hit me up dude. <3

I **** everyone here at smash bros, l2smash or just g2mvc3 with all the other queers.

ps. no irene didn't kill me..

pss. I **** everyone here at smash

GLAD I GOT THIS OFF MY CHEST
Glad you're alright dude! =)

Mainstream games are for queers yo. Smash fo eva

SUPER WORD YEEEEE

Lol magneto would squeeze all over those little ah3 girls

LMFAO

Top Bottom