• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i do like the idea of a set stage order.... not gonna lie.

there should DEF be carry over though.......

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Agreed about carry over.

I don't know about having consistent set squads (too limited by attendance, and allowed set squads + being on multiple ones seems like it could monopolize a lot of talent) but I do think these as mini crew battles could be really hype.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I like the idea of a set stage order. for example;
  1. yoshi's
  2. battlefield
  3. dreamland
  4. final destination
  5. stadium
  6. fountain
you would choose what order you want your players to come out, and after each game the stage changes. 6 works perfectly so that even if wins alternate each time, you wouldn't run out of stages, so you could have the 6 neutrals or have a stage list of 3 repeating. I personally think 6 neutrals is better, because it adds some strategy to choosing who you send out when, based on what stages they are better at.

carry over is definite. that's a huge part of having team-oriented events.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It would be cool to counterpick opponents based on specific mu knowledge, then have the other team cp stage from oceans list w/ one ban. Imo

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Rather than "carry-over" stocks I think it's better if it is played like friendlies. If you win you stay until defeated.
No offense but this takes away from the whole team aspect. Example, as a team, I'm fairly sure that it'd be possible that:

Kevin
Random scrub
Random scrub

could beat

M2K
Amsah
Armada
Hbox
Colbol
Tope
Lucky
Zhu
etc

All Kevin would have to do is win the first match, which if you don't think is probable, is at least possible. In what way did his partners win or even aid in this team effort?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I don't agree with Omni's idea because one person could run train and it kinda invalidates the effort of the members(nearly winning but getting nothing is kinda silly to me).

I'm down for a switch to another person for another stage(for both teams) or carry over stocks coming into play there.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
if stocks dont carry over then it puts more value on having a well balanced team...

ie pp couldnt carry a team; he would just give his team one guaranteed win

i kind of like this

plus this adds all kinds of matchup strats and makes sure everyone takes part

DJRome

Smash Hero
nah, you don't get carry over stocks in a set, why would you get them in this case? a game is a game is a game

trust me, it's my idea

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
if stocks dont carry over then it puts more value on having a well balanced team...

ie pp couldnt carry a team; he would just give his team one guaranteed win

i kind of like this

plus this adds all kinds of matchup strats and makes sure everyone takes part
What? That's the exact opposite of what it would do unless I'm misunderstanding the system they are proposing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Josh:

me stongers dj

you lucas theo

me and you play

then stongers/dj vs lucas/theo

than the last two play

no carry overs

everyone participates

that is the subject material

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
having it carry over adds another layer of depth to the match.

EDIT:: we need to go deeper.
EDIT2:: inception.

DJRome

Smash Hero
it actually doesn't add much depth. planning people to stages and strategizing those matchups is much better

mostly cause im right. . .

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Josh:

me stongers dj

you lucas theo

me and you play

then stongers/dj vs lucas/theo

than the last two play

no carry overs

everyone participates

that is the subject material
Okay, I gotcha.

We did something like that at a dance game tournament once with the top 6 players and it was actually really cool. I approve of this idea.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
that is a interesting idea, but how do you decide who faces who?

also, would anyone in the raleigh/durham area like to play today/tonight?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i think fiz was thinking more on the lines of a bo3..... and if it was divided into 3 distinct matches, you'd still have your stage planning. all it would do, how I see it, is just value all wins the same(a 1 stock is counted equally as a 4) 2:0's would be lame.

the different depth he was referring to, was if you were facing someone like kevin, that you could send in your worst player against him because it's going to be an insta-win anyway..

Doesn't sound like a horrible idea thinking about it like THAT, but . . .

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think the concept originally was about both teams premeditating who goes in first and then each team picking new players(not in CP fashion just starting the process over on the next stage).

I suppose this would mean the stage order is set but I'm not sure if I like that more or not.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im free to play if anyone wants to come over.

also, u write down who plays on which stage. then you should random the stages to see which stage is played first. i like that better than set stage order

edit: already ahead of you kevin hehe

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
See i wish i lived in the triangle id play melee every single night if i could
It's incredibly easy to accidently do.

I decided last week after I was having such a rough few days that I was just going to play whenever I wanted for me and just enjoy myself.

I've randomly played in varying amounts every night since like....last Monday. haha

And everything else has been going too well also. Good times.

Hmm...I might wanna play tonight later...

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
random to find out what stage/what person plays first..? only thing i'm not so sure about including...

edit: i would think a coin flip. team who wins gets to decide WHICH TEAM bans first. The team who bans first, has first map pick out of those remaining to play(after the other teams ban). Then the team with the last ban, after playing the first team's map, gets to choose out of the.... 2 maps remaining???(just assuming 5 maps from the start)... as somewhat of a counterpick, to balance the advantages of banning first or 2nd.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
ok from all of the ideas i've been seeing what i like so far is a set player per stage which will be double blind... lets try one char per tourney and maybe keep a set stage order then flip a coin and have the winner of the toss strike 1st then which ever stage is left starts the set and then follow the order and have it overlap. for example me/fox - yoshis, ewb/falcon, - bf chris/ganon dreamland, vs pp/falco - bf, twitch/ fox - yoshis, stingers/peach - dreamland. The order will be dreamland, battlefield, yoshis. The captain who wins the toss gets 1st strike or chooses to pass. I win the toss and strike yoshis then pp strikes bf so 1st match is on dreamland and chris and stingers play and the order will stay the same having me vs twitch next then pp vs ewb. As far as stock carry over... just leave that for crew battles. Maybe we can have each match up be 2 matches and the final match up be a bo3 so you can try to strategize and strike accordingly on who you guess will play each stage to either keep them from playing the full set or try to force them into it and first to 4 matches wins the whole set

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Would it not add depth to counterpick opponents?

...like if it was Me, cam, theo vs josh, lozr, moo. First match lozr beats theo with 2 stocks left. Adam ***** ganon and has some trouble with falco sometimes, so we send in cam instead of me. There will be situations where it's not such an easy decision and good decisions will be rewarded, adding a new type of strategy to the mix. Also if the opposing team is able to counterpick the stage with one ban, that at least keeps the opponent cp in check somewhat. But I guess that's only if we're carrying over stocks crew battle style, which is still cooler to me but it looks like at least half don't want to do that so I dunno. No matter how it pans out it will be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom