• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I approve of this 3v3 deal.

holy **** we could have team power rankings.
and you could advance by challenging teams above you.
****ing **** ****.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
basically sneak is the man for inspiring such inspiration

everyone, round of applause for sneak

*claps*

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
a ladder doesn't need structure(if we're going with ocean's idea, which I like).....you just challenge any team that's above you. All it would take to start such a ladder, is someone self-proclaiming themselves as the #1 team(and inviting challengers) -OR- you could have a few teams duke it out to determine the initial #1 spot, at g6.

ladders used to be the main source of competition for early fps's(q1, q2, cs, etc.)... just soooo much activity/comp. for 4v4(tdm, rocket arena, and ctf) that it was easier to do that way. I have always been a dueler so I wasn't in too many ladders.. but, me and 3 other guys did hold the #1 spot for rocket arena 2 in the World OGL, for almost a year.(we played tdm.. wasn't even our mod haha)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
1. g6 never has time for other stuff as is the nature of tournaments stressed for resources

2. aight we can keep this informal if you want we'll see how long it lasts

3. my team is the best

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
and for the record, i would rather watch a college basketball game then a smash match on youtube, TENFOLD.
seriously...why? basketball games are so ****ing boring.

That's because everyone chills with everyone now
booooooooooooooooo

Twitch and someone else I haven't worked out yet
can't we just use stingers? :( dwammit then jim would be all alone. ugghhghghghhgh oh wait, let's take felipe's friend and call it a day. :cool:

this 3v3 idea sounds legit btw. if we actually stick with it then it will be amazing.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
thought: what about allowing crews to be larger than 3, but anytime there is a crew battle it is restricted to 3v3?

on second thought, that'd be weird.
on triple thought, that's not so weird.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
thought: what about allowing crews to be larger than 3, but anytime there is a crew battle it is restricted to 3v3?
I thought about that kyle. Would be way easier that way... having all 6 people to battle isn't going to happen ALL the time so either + more people to your crew, or randomly having someone ring for your crew member that's absent. I like your idea better, allowing members up to 4, maybe 5. not like I would be involved with this anyway, anytime soon, though.

@twitch

put your GC controller down... fish, hunt, play some sports / get into watching them... be the first nanney to get some poonanney.

edit: in normal ladders that I'm used to, you can have as many members as you want.. then your best 4 available play(..in 4v4).

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i want it to be diff from crew battles tho... crew battles are boring nowadays... it was a way to incorporate full sets into it instead of just the one match crew battles... but its should only be 3 neutral stages allowed or something like that with like dreamland, battlefield, and yoshis or something and no cp stages at all with the stock count on 3 with a 6 minute time limit.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hey dorsey

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I care a lot

Also I'm unsure whether I wanna make one or just be free floating to go in another. Guess I'll see how this pans out.

I like the idea of larger groups because city crews could be possible then.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
okay this idea seems to be taking root rather well. I guess I shall make a ladder + crew list/registration thread after G6?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp any crew your in will just win. why dont you just not be in a crew. and then twitch can join us
Aight that's cool.

Yeah I guess that guy is kinda technical. I would slaughter him.

Black Mantis, no clue.

I guess I officially have haters aside from DJ and WC peeps that didn't get the memo after looking at my swf profile tonight lol
hmmmm well why?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
ok so like..... crews are cool. let's do draft crews sometime during a tournament. i'll participate (as long as i don't have to go first. goddamnit stop putting me in first. i'll probably ****ing lose out of spite towards you.)

so yeah, crews = legit

what was so brilliant about this 3v3 idea is that it's really exciting for people to put PERMANENT (or at least, semi-permanent, substitutions are cool) teams together and try to beat each other.... the idea of an entire separate ranking system for NC 3v3 is interesting, but i moreso like the idea of just having another event where we play singles, but it's still somewhat team oriented.

i remember hearing people talking about mvc3 around me, saying how ****ing legit it would be if you could have a player per character. obviously this is not the same thing exactly, but the point i'm trying to make here is that this 3v3 stuff creates the exciting *** concept of squads.

oh ****tttttttttt....

we have singles....

doubles....

crews....

and now.....

squads...

*boner*

ight ima pick my squad brb

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Camron I agree draft crews could **** but people don't get into it enough.

MAYBE we can bring it back once people get into this crews concept more.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
another **** thing is that you can be in multiple different squads....

like i could have one with theo and DJ.... and we'd be called "The UN"

and then i could have one with Ali and Dop.... and we'd be called "Mesopotamia" or some ****.... multiple squads mmyyyy niqqaaaaaaaa

EDIT:

PP.... i'm talking SQUADS here. **** draft crews.

but i mean, yeah, i'm down. the main issue is just scheduling. EVERYONE is down to do crews, the only issue is that TOs need to say we're doing it, and then we do it.

maybe you're suggesting like an every tournament kind of thing? i mean, i'm also down for that.

when i start running my tournaments, there will DEFINITELY be at least squads and/or crews.

dude.... ****n squadz

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I personally feel that you shouldn't be allowed on multiple crews, but that's just me. I don't know what the general feeling about it is.

EDIT:: the issue with it is say on the ladder you have The UN ranked 5th, and Mesopotamia ranked 6th. it would be impossible for Mesopotamia to advance upwards because they wouldn't be able to have the number of people required to face The UN.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
***gt it's not crews it's ****ing SQUADS

get it right.

and im gonna be on MORE THAN ONE SQUAD WHETHER OCEAN THE PUDDLE LIKES IT OR NOT... ***ggggg

theo we in here

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
but yeah, the reason i wanna differ "crews" from "squads" is because crews are a single event, pretty much always consisting of at least 16 stocks (normally 20 or more) and it's first crew to lose all their stocks loses.

squads, on the other hand, will be in tournament style. ****ing. ****.

Top Bottom