• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
That's pretty good advice. Try EVERY character, but always have a main one in mind. You're still new to the game so it's alright if you change your main every now and then, but you should really start learning in-depth things about a single character of choice now, while dabbling around with everyone else so you have some idea of how they play when you have to fight against them.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
sting thanks for the tips man... i wanna get as good as you bro... **** makes me jealous as hell... i know im gonna get ***** for awhile tho.. im hoping by late January i can do some damage in this game.... im just excited the community is so nice... i wanna meet everyone who plays this game in NC. i hope there are some tourneys in dec i just wanna go and hang out and meet peeps. thanks for playing me tho i really appreciate it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well you're gonna need to play a lot if you want to get good. the best place to find matches online is www.allisbrawl.com. but the best place to talk to people and find people to play irl is definitely here on smashboards. so if you're bored one day head over to allisbrawl and find some wifi matches, but stay here to find tournaments and people to chill with. nc state has a very active brawl scene, you can talk to "Jon?" (thats his name, with the question mark in it) or maybe also "KillerSOS" to find out what's going on at State and find people to play with there. The next tournament going on in the Carolinas is a Melee/Brawl tournament in South Carolina on the 19th, but I don't know if you're going to want to travel that far. If you're interested, the user "Vilt" in Burlington said he might drive down there if he's got the money, so if you can get to Burlington then you can ride with Vilt to the SC tourney. It'd be a great first tourney because it probably won't be that big (I'm expecting 20 people personally) so you can get to know everyone and play lots of friendlies. Also, I should be there so we can talk in person about any questions and stuff you have.

/Wall of text

If you can't make it to the SC thing, then the next tourney in NC I know of is...hmm, I don't really know of any until the tourney I'm running in Hickory in February lol. I know someone will host something before then but I can't remember anything off the top of my head.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I know that in lieu of Foxy, Jon, myself and some other NCSU people are going to organize a tourney for early January, probably the weekend after the semester starts (January 9th currently, but that date is pending).

If you want a pretty intense Smash experience right off the bat, you could try finding a ride to Pound 4 on MLK weekend. All the big names (at least the American ones) will be there, along with probably ballpark half a thousand people of varying skill levels.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Pound 4 is a GIGANTIC tournament in Maryland on MLK weekend. I'm gonna be there too, but it's pretty expensive (45 to enter singles), not to mention gas and food and stuff. You can get a spectators pass for 20, but you still have to cover all the costs of being in Maryland for 3 days lol.

Also the big European names will be there too so...yeah :)

Jon?

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna pay door fee for Brawl day and watch you guys lose. Friendlies are fun too.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
EDIT: Alright lets try this once more, shall we? And by "once more" I don't really have much faith that you will even listen or care about this message. So, Basically the the next I get a PM or I visit this particular thread for any crap like this again, I'll just hand out points and don't ask any questions. I'm already sure that reasoning with you all has no effect so this way just saves me more time. And you, CJ love, chill the **** out!

There, now you can all stop spamming other NC tourney threads.

vZakat

Half Genie
we have hour place to spam AND get +post count.
If this gets moved to the social forums too, all these posts will be gone.

Also, how come I'm not on the list? I posted my info on the second page or something. Whatever, I'll just repost it.

vZakat
Raleigh, NC
AIM: vZakat

kyros

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I've been reading these boards for a little while here and there, but I just signed up to them today. I'm one of the players up in Boone, NC at App. Some of you may know me or have seen me around at the lans/tournies. I mainly stick to brawl and am currently working on maining Lucario since he seems to work pretty well for me when I play others.

Kyros
aim: ninjalordkyros

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
WTF there is absolutely no ****ing good NCAA mens BBall games on today. I atleast thought UNC or Duke would be on. **** what a boring *** day it will be. Yeah sting may nuts froze to my leg man its like 30 ****ing degrees out there seriously. I wish guitar center wasnt a million miles from me i need new strings for my guitar before we finish recording.... Fuuuuuuuuccccck

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
im gonna watch terminator salvation... i hope it doesnt suck balls like GI joe which was one of the worst movies ive ever seen in my entire life.

NCPopo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Cold weather can go die in a fire. Now that I'm whoring my AIM out, I guess I better get on it.

Popo
Asheboro, NC
AIM: sksthonlylimit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom